13 coaches online • Server time: 05:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ND is open

Don't drop the soap.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

cool I'll plan on that and just have to figure out of any of my guys graduated while I was gone haha
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 09:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Oh goodness, Finally sucked enough to have a chance at McNurgles.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay: NCBB Season 24 Bowl Announcement Edition
Built by the Gnome Depot

Chris Fouler: Hello once again, college bloodbowl fans. Our show is finally back, this time to announce the bowl game matchups for Season 24. Let me introduce you to my co-hosts, former California standout Anthony Killer and former N.C. State thrower Tyler Brosius. Welcome back, fellas.

Anthony Killer: It'sss good to be back, Chrisss.

Tyler Brosiu: Just in time for the best part of the season.

Fouler: You're absolutely right, Tyler. All of the hard work that these players and teams is about to pay off; we're going to reveal all of the bowl matchups on our show. Without any further delay, let's get started.

McNurgle's Bowl
B U Tear-iers (0-1-3) vs Karak University (0-3-5)

This is the game that no one wants to be in, but both teams need as much help they can get. Hopefully the programs can get the cash and spps they need to not return to this game next season.

Fireball Fire Bowl
Hawaii Warrielfs (2-1-4) vs U-Dub Elfskies (2-4-1)

Neither of these teams are technically bowl eligible (you need at least three wins and a .500 record such as 3-3-3), but the NCBB agreed to let them meet in the Fireball Fire Bowl due to the programs being unable to play against each other in the week nine out-of-conferences games, thanks to extreme weather conditions. This game looks to be a high-scoring affair where the rule is "first to three wins."

Killer Lite Bowl
Florida Redface Seminoles (4-0-3) vs LSU Bangle Tigers (4-3-2)

On paper this is a rematch of last year's Goober Bowl, where Florida St. prevailed in overtime. The Seminoles moved into the tough FBC conference and held their own, while LSU stayed in the Non-AQ for more seasoning and emerged with the best record. This would be a great clash of styles with a budding rivalry in the making, but the coaching staff of Florida St. has been missing for almost a month now. If they don't come back from a presumed recruiting trip soon, their program could forfeit their place in the bowl game.

Tossitos' Fiesta Bowl
ITBA Tinkerers (4-2-3) vs Rolla Gold Diggers (3-1-3)

Two very solid programs meet in the Fiesta Bowl, with both looking to build a foundation for the next campaign. Rolla has a good mix of veterans and youthful players, while ITBA has an experienced squad with several juniors on it. This could easily be the best bowl game that people won't think about, but missing it would be a mistake!

DedEx Orange Bowl
Bowling Green Ratbirds (5-0-1) vs TCU Horned Rats (4-1-4)

In days long past, you didn't 'win' the Big Beast Conference as much as you 'survived' it, as it was full of national powers. Now, Bowling Green won the Beast without beating anyone with a winning record, according to the RFA research team. Meanwhile, TCU played arguably the toughest schedule in the nation, including a win vs the Smack 7 champion (more on them later). Can Bowling Green prove the doubters wrong and knock off a TCU program with a national championship history?

Uluthan's Rose Bowl
Oregon Waterfoul (5-2-1) vs Rutgers Hauers (4-2-1)

Many people feel that Oregon deserves to play for the title again this season, but they ended up a close third in the final polls. Still, they get a chance to avenge their only loss of the season against a rough-and-tough Rutgers squad. Can the Waterfoul stay on the field long enough to win the Rose Bowl? Or will the Rutgers 'pound-and-pound' strategy pay off?

BCS National Championship
Army Blackest Knights (5-2-0) vs. Clemson Terrors (6-1-1)

While there may be some controversy as to who should have been in this game, both programs have worthy contenders. Clemson won the Smack 7 and has the most wins of any team in the national, while Army emerged as the only unbeaten team amidst winning the FBC. The Terrors have played for two national championships before, coming up short both times. This successful program desperately needs validation, as they have otherwise been one of the best year-in and year-out. Their opponent this time is an up-and-coming Army team that has developed a lot of promising sophomore players, though their team is a little short on scholarship players at the moment. It's highly likely that they will get a number of early-enrolled recruits just in time for the game, as those players will automatically qualify as red-shirts. Still, in only their second season as a program, can Army's young stars Eclipse Eel and J.H. Perle-Noire put their stamp on NCBB history? Or will Clemson's junior tandem of Ben Bullware and Tyrone Crusher finally bring home that illusive national championship? This promises to be a hard-hitting game that goes down to the final minute, folks.

Fouler: Those are quite the matchups, huh fellas?

Killer: You bet, Chrisss. You couldn't ask for better gamesss to watch.

Brosius: The National Championship game looks to be a great one for sure.

Fouler: It should definitely live up to the hype. Are there any other games that you guys have your eyes on?

Brosius: As a former thrower, I'd love to catch the Hawaii vs U-Dub game. Both teams love to spread the ball around and chuck it deep for big plays.

Killer: The Orange Bowl gets my attention, actually. Both Bowling Green and TCU thrive off of creating turnoversss, and I'd love for the Big Beast to return to prominence like in my daysss. A win here for Bowling Green would be big for the conference.

Fouler: Speaking of your old stomping grounds, I don't see your Alma-matter, California, listed in any of the bowl matchups. They should qualify at 3-2-3, so what gives?

Killer: Well, the Golden Lizards are the lowest ranked bowl-eligible team in the rankings. And it just happens that there are an odd-number of teams that qualify. However, as we saw above, Florida St.'s coaching staff has been missing for almost a month. Certainly the Killer Lite Bowl representatives will be quick to offer a replacement invite to California if they don't return. You can't imagine how much money they stand to lose if the bowl game goes unplayed.

Fouler: I'm sure the fans would be delighted to see either team face off with LSU, but we'll have to see how things play out. I'd like to thank everyone for joining us today at College GamePlay, built by the Gnome Depot. Until next time, enjoy the bowl games!

Don't drop the soap.
dashergeaux

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Romeosky6 Last seen 4 weeks ago

Damn it so much. Hope he shows up. Grats everyone.

So ex-con, Is/Can Cal be the back up option to FSU?

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

dashergeaux wrote:
Romeosky6 Last seen 4 weeks ago

Damn it so much. Hope he shows up. Grats everyone.

So ex-con, Is/Can Cal be the back up option to FSU?

That's the plan. If he's not back by, say, January 5th, then we'll go ahead and swap my team in and play the bowl game.

Don't drop the soap.
dashergeaux

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2016 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good. I prep for greenskins and decide later if they'll be scaly.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Once again the Smack is well represented. Laughing
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2016 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Karak wins the battle of the last place teams..4-3 in OT...(yes, dwarves scored 4)

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2017 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

In a very closely contested National title game that would come down to how both ends of each half were played the Clemson Terrors took the National title game: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3865093

The first half Army won the toss and elected to receive. Just into the 2nd turn of blocking and setting up Army started to exert it's superior strength on Clemson with Big CW J.H. Perle-Noire smashing wight BJ Goodskull into the pitch BHing him, but luckily his regen was active and was seen recovering on the sidelines for the rest of the half. Soon afterward Ben Bullware from Clemson knocked out beastman Sailor Nano in response to his wight team mate getting BHed. Wayne Grinder tried single dice block De Atramentis Roses to push the edge but rolled consecutive skulls. Turn 3 saw Big CW J.H. Perle-Noire knock out special teams captain Mitch Hater. Around turn 4 coach Thoralf tried to dodge of CW Private Invincible who ate pitch and stunned himself. This allowed coach Nomad to get to blitz the ball carrier but the ball took a good bounce for Army and Clemson could not get to the ball. Turn 5 saw super sophomore goat Leipziger Schwarz crush mummy Christian Wildcat into the pitch badly hurting him. Unfortunately for Clemson regen did not work and he was out the rest of the game by turn 5. However mummy Tyrone Crusher layed some wood on Leipziger Schwarz and badly hurt him...however Army's apoc was Johnny on the spot and got him ready to play by the next half. Turn 6 saw some strange blocks and bounces of the ball that happened to end up in the hands of CW Private Invincible. Who then proceeded to blitz and knockout star junior wight Ben Bullware. By turn 8 the numbers game was against Clemson down 7 players to 9 of Army's. However some heroics by star junior mummy Tyrone Crusher blocking and then dodging next to the ball carrier was able to get close enough to Private Invincible to trip him up as he tried to dodge away for the score in the final seconds of the half. Somehow someway Clemson's defense held and kept the score 0-0 at the end of the first half.

The second half had Clemson receiving the kickoff. Army setup it's heavy D-line CWs on the LoS. The first turn of the second half was some realtively ineffective blocking against the heavy D-line by Clemson and this seemed to encourage coach Thoralf to over commit to the far side lines where Clemson's ball carrier Ben Bullware was. However in some nice setup blocking in the next turn Ben Bullware blitzed CW Hart of Darkness and knocked him out of the rest of the game. By turn 11 Clemson had swung the ball around to the opposite side lines and most of Army's players were clogged up on the far sideline or in the middle of the field. At the end of turn 11 coach Thoralf again for some reason wanted to dodge off a player from one of Clemson's zombies and this time goat De Atramentis Roses ate pitch and badly hurt himself out the rest of the game.

The tide was turning as it had in the first half when Clemson found itself down players against Army...now Army was finding itself down players. Turn 13 saw coach Thoralf take a shot at the ball carrier and blitzed Ben Bullware gfi 1 time and getting a block on him however even with the RR Ben Bullware did not get knocked down. Turn 14 saw special teams captain Mitch Hater knock out goat sophomore star Eclipse Eel out of the current drive by Clemson. After a blitz by ghoul Wayne Grinder to the far side of the field near the endzone Ben Bullware moved to pass him the ball...the throw was on target by Wayne just couldn't catch it. Turn 15 saw some heavy blocking by Clemson as they could feel that momentum was going their way and they knocked out goat Aurora Borealis and CW Private Invincible to essentially seal the turn 16 walk in by ghoul Wayne Grinder for the game winning touchdown. The last second kickoff amounted to nothing and Clemson celebrates their first national title winning game. (This was their 3rd time being in the National title game)

Thanks to coach Thoralf for playing an exciting National title game. Since his team is only Sophomores next season should be the sky's the limit for them.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB Season 24 Award Nominees

With another season in the books, the time has come to reward those individuals and coaches who stood out above the rest. Whether they hit harder, scored more often (on the field), or threw the prettier passes, each of these individuals is worthy of a nomination for our various awards. Here are the stand-outs that you can vote on for each category:

any stat marked with an * denotes that it tied for or lead the nation in that category

Image The Hammer - awarded to the best player in College Blood Bowl

- S. Joplin // Bowling Green Ratbirds // 3 touchdowns, 21 spps, 7 completions, 20 passing yards, 136 rushing yards
- Azeem "Flawless" Victor II // U-Dub Elfskies // 7 touchdowns, 32 spps*, 1 completion, 7 passing yards, 64 rushing yards, 5 casualties, 50 blocks, 100 turns
- Benjamin "Black Necked Swan" Pickles // Oregon Waterfoul // 4 touchdowns, 3 casualties, 18 spps, 90 rushing yards, 65 blocks, 136 turns
- Ben Bullware // Clemson Terrors // 5 touchdowns, 6 casualties, 27 spps, 48 rushing yards, 56 blocks, 131 turns

Image The Banger-Hardell - awarded to the best Offensive player in the NCBB

- Denzel Johnson (S) #30 // TCU Horned Rats 8 touchdowns*, 25 spps, 144 rushing yards*
- Keelan Ewaliko // Hawaii Warrielfs // 8 touchdowns*, 28 spps, 4 completions, 16 passing yards, 100 rushing yards
- Azeem "Flawless" Victor II // U-Dub Elfskies // 7 touchdowns, 32 spps*, 1 completion, 7 passing yards, 64 rushing yards, 5 casualties, 50 blocks
- S. Joplin // Bowling Green Ratbirds // 3 touchdowns, 21 spps, 7 completions, 20 passing yards, 136 rushing yards

Image The Neeley Award - given to the best Defensive player in the NCBB

- Lawrence "LT" Taylor // Florida Redface Seminoles // 11 casualties*, 32 spps*, 59 blocks, 109 turns
- Nick Egads // Rolla Gold Diggers // 10 casualties, 25 spps, 72 blocks, 106 turns
- Cardinal Roark // Rutgers Hauers // 9 casualties, 26 spps, 56 blocks, 80 turns
- Klokworkk // Karak University // 6 casualties, 17 spps, 39 blocks, 150 turns

Image The Wylie Coyote Award - aka the Gone too Soon award, given to the most promising player who's career was cut short in any way

We are currently accepting write-in nominations for this award

- Ishmael Mercurial // [NCBB] Purdue Boilermakers // killed in the teams first game
- Brett Can Tell // Rolla Gold Diggers // Ag5 norse lino, killed as a sophomore
- Ray Cullin' // Rolla Gold Diggers // 67 spp junior runner, dead
- Sammy Douglas (LB) #35 // TCU Horned Rats // Rising star at blitzer, dead

Image The SOMUFTEN Award - awarded to the Coach of the Season

- MrNomad : lead Clemson to their first national title
- Thoralf : took an all-sophomore chaos team to the championship game
- Kryten : barely left out of the title game so he won the Rose Bowl instead

Image The Gabbert-Bryant Award - given to the best quarterback in the NCBB

- Joe "Gold Arm" Montana // Florida Redface Seminoles // 14 completions*, 28 passing yards, 66 rushing yards
- Arturo D. // ITBA Tinkerers // 7 completions, 36 passing yards*, 43 rushing yards

Image The Wolfman Award - aka the Freshman of the Year award, given to the best first-year player

We are currently accepting write-in nominations for this award

- Goliate Silversheen // [NCBB] Purdue Boilermakers // 21 spps in 7 games
- Mickey Mouse // Rolla Gold Diggers // 9 spps in 4 games

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on Jan 14, 2017 - 19:29; edited 2 times in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Goliate Silversheen for the Wolfman

Ishmael Murcurial for the Wylie Coyote, after getting killed in the teams first game
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wylie:
Brett Can Tell
Ray Cullin

Wolfman:
Mickey Mouse - Only 4 games, 9 SPP!
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely see Kolby Listenbee worthy a Hammer nomination.
His relevant stats: 5 touchdowns, 31 spps, 6 completions, 4 passing yards, 73 rushing yards.

Wylie nomination: Sammy Douglas - already felt as the upcoming superstar in NBFL, but with only two games left to play in his junior season, he left the pitch once and forever.

Wolfman noination: none.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
I definitely see Kolby Listenbee worthy a Hammer nomination.
His relevant stats: 5 touchdowns, 31 spps, 6 completions, 4 passing yards, 73 rushing yards.

People will debate the idea of "best player" and what that could mean, but generally, when I look for players for the Hammer, I look for a quantifiable difference-maker on both offense and defense.

This leads to my nominees having both touchdowns and casualties, in most cases (having 4 or more in both category catches my eye, but it varies, like 7:3 is obviously good). Sometimes I'll put a dominate runner, who teams simply couldn't stop. Sometimes a runner/thrower/receiver (think Ag5 HE catcher) will get listed if he has enough stats in several offensive categories. Occasionally I'll notice when a leaping stripballer has enough stats to catch my eye, because those are the guys who make a huge non-statistical difference (I wish I could look through every team but it's hard to tell the impact of players without stats, hence why we vote on it).

So unless a player with mostly offensive stats like Kolby snuck in three casualties, or lead the nation in rushing yards, and/or averaged 4 yards per completion with four or more completions, I probably won't nominate him. I'm simply looking for all-around statistical players, for better or for worse

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: