53 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Since there is no thread as of yet about the main draw (that I found, if there is one feel free to link me and then lock), I figured I would start one. So here are my inexpert guesses about how the next round of the LC will go.

Enar's Hangover (265/211 Orcs) versus Pac's Condemned to Death (216/190 Wood Elf)

First, the numbers comparison. Enar has 20 TS over pac, but will be giving up a few handicaps. Woodies v Orcs, I would lean towards a 2-1 win for the orcs--really depends on the handis.

Now, to take a look at the rosters. Condemned to Death will only be fielding 11 players (1 rookie niggler), which will hurt them against a bashy team like orcs. Pac will be relying on keeping his players on the pitch and his ag5 wardancer and thrower to score quickly with minimal damage inflicted on his small roster. Pac has no S-ups, so I would expect to see him maximizing the use of his D-less catcher to suppress the stronger orcs. Make or break for Pac: Handicaps and injury rolls

Hangover is a very powerful "vanilla" orc team with 3 +str. However, one SF +str blitzer is on a MNG, and one +str BoB is niggled. Outside of Enar's obvious advantages in brutality, he also has a fairly shallow roster--only 10 players guaranteed to be on the pitch. His BoB's are nothing special--two well-skilled (one being the niggler), and two with only +MA (never understood why people take it on BoBs) and block. His blitzers are quite good, even with one out. Two DP linos and 5 tacklers round out this roster into one very capable of inflicting pain. Make or break for Enar: Hanicaps and Injury rolls [deja vu!]

Now to compare the two. Pac's block Treeman should have no problem neutralizing the orc Troll. If pac can take out one or two of the tacklers he might have a chance at making enough fast-break scores to win, or at least make it to the coin. However, I see his team getting slowly beaten to a pulp and ground down. He does, however, have a chance, and with a little luck Pac may come out on top.

Prediction: 2-1, Hangover wins

Whew. That took more out of me than I thought. I will try to add a few more tomorrow and hopefully finish up before the games get played![/b]

But you made up the reasons to fight
Enar

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2007 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this prediction.. Smile

Blobs with +ma is teh seks!
malitrius

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2007 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You did not include that pac has a wizard, which will make the difference. 2-1 wood elves!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2007 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

11 Elves (who don't Elfball) with handicaps and a Wiz on 11 Orcs?

No disrespect to Enar, but I think pac is a moderate favourite here. How far he will go may well depend on how many Woodies the Orcs can crush, but he did well Vs. those CD's last round...
 Jump to: