45 coaches online • Server time: 11:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khaan

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks very promising. If it's as well run as the background looks this will be excellent stuff!

Some questions:
1. what timezones are most coaches? Im euro and would love to take part, but got a daytime job and really cant stick online later than midnight.
2. am i reading it correctly that the dark and light side are the same rules wise, except the part about fouling and getting retired (for light side) and doubleskull turnovering (for dark side)? Reason i am asking is because you are a bit inconsistent with the usage of the words clone/droid and jedi/sith. Sometimes the word jedi, and clone for that matter, seems to refer to the light side specifically, and sometimes it comprises both jedi and sith. Sorry for nitpicking. Smile
3. i guess the league still lacks some info, cant find anything on which teams are light/dark and where to apply etc.

Feedback about stunty:
I've played in the Fumbbl cup a couple of times, and my take on stunties vs other teams is that they have a pretty ok chance of winning individual games vs unskilled opponents. The stunties rely on having more players on their roster, hiring stars/wizzies etc.

Stunties (except eshin/skink of course) usually dont earn a lot of spp's, and even when they skill up its side step and diving tackle for the most. No ballhandling skills. In the long run they just lose momentum as their numbers inevitably dwindle and run out of wizzie/star cash.

If the stunties play in a stunty-only division they are somewhat spared of this thanks to lack of opposition blockers. A winning stunty division team could prove very enjoyable for shorter bursts of games vs "normal" teams. Enjoyable for coaches but especially for the specs. The problem is of course dwarves, CD's and to a lesser extent norse/amazon. These just rip the stunties to shreds.

Would be hilarious seeing a stunty team winning the whole thing and outlawing block and/or tackle wouldnt it?

The Boyz
BLITZ2670

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, on hold then. Do we need to choose and actual Jedi for out Jedi/Sith? Or can we just make up a name?
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
What other details?

Re Dwarves. I had thought about that, Dwarves would be a rather skilled bunch of clones anyway with the addition of the two skills before retirement.

Certainly I don't see Dwarves being such a dominating force early on given that they would start with only two positional players.

But this is the sort of feedback I want before the group begins.

Oh, sorry...it seems like I got severly struck by the Monday morning sickness since I didn't notice the links at all Rolling Eyes

This league sounds like a bunch of fun.

But I would still love to see dwarves banned. Mainly because they will make it 100 % impossible to beat with stunty league teams (likely retiring them if they met) and because the 31 SPP retirement clause will make them able to have a bunch of useful skills and an evenly spread out SPP development which almost all other teams would have a very hard time competing against. Dwarves are very good normally, but in this league they would be amazingly good. Teams like orcs etc. lose out because their strength lies in their excellent positionals, so the dwarves would truly stand out.

There might also be wise to have some sort of restrictions on the Patriarch decrees. Otherwise you'll have a shitstorm waiting when there are decrees that effectively bans entire teams Smile

I hope to see a ban on dwarves. Then I will definately be in. Otherwise I'm a bit hesitant since they will be very overpowered.
hotspurstu

Post 12 Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO [L] is the best part of FUMBBL and in [L] I think you're the George [L]ucas of commisioners (always abley supported by your hairy friend of course. Actually, come to think of it maybe you're more like the Han So[L]o considering Chewie is your regular Bit*h Razz ). So what have I got to do, to get you to let me into another one of your wicked leagues my man?

I'll gladly give up my girlfriend, our two unborn twins that she carries, all those who have trained me to be the warrior I am today and I'll even turn to evil for the purpose of enslaving a whole galaxy of people in your honour. Would that be enough? Or do you want more? You never know, I might be able to whip up a space-station that, from a distance, looks like a moon, if that'd please you oh great and evil one. Wink

BTW, I'm in, you rule and darkside forever...... bye.

:EDIT: Edited to remove upsetting content!

Last edited by hotspurstu on %b %20, %2007 - %00:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks so far guys.

I'll aim to answer questions as they are posted to keep the momentum going.

1. what timezones are most coaches? I usually run my leagues for all Nationalities, but I seem to attract a majority of Europeans.

One idea would be to try and group Coaches into Systems by Timezones. Of course, this would only work for the Clone Wars tournament.

2. am i reading it correctly that the dark and light side are the same rules wise, except the part about fouling and getting retired (for light side) and doubleskull turnovering (for dark side)?

Correct. In my blog I had written that they are are synonymous unless otherwise noted. I will ad this to the rules. I interchange merely where appropriate for the fluff I hope. Wink

3. i guess the league still lacks some info, cant find anything on which teams are light/dark and where to apply etc.

I wasn't going to may any particular race light/dark. Seemingly any race can be a Jedi or Sith in the Star Wars saga. However, if someone knows otherwise then I am not opposed to assigning Races to the Light or Dark side. It may make it more fluffy.

As for stunties, people would also have to be willing to coach them and enjoy doing so.

EDIT:: LOL Stu.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Khaan

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's see if ive understood this right.

A team consists of as many players as you want at creation. But, only two positionals allowed, which you name Jedi or Sith depending on light or dark side preference. They start as padawan/apprentice at 0 ssp. The rest of the team are droids/clones and indicated such.

- When the padawan/apprentice reaches 17spp they are considered a jedi/sith, and thusly this player no longer counts towards your max padawan/apprentice limit. In essence the player has matured and no longer needs a master/lord mentor. You can now hire another padawan/apprentice to fill that space.
- When the jedi/sith reaches 51+ spp they are considered a master/lord and your team may include more padawans/apprentices.

Questions:
- In addition to what Pirog said, what is a lineman on Chaos Dwarves. Hobos?
- Is the Jedi challenge issued by the Patriarch solely aimed at Jedis/Siths or towards Masters/Lords as well?

The Boyz
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That's almost wholly correct except the following:

Assume Padawan and Jedis to be the same for team limits. That is, you cannot hire another Padawan when one ascends to a Jedi. The table in the rules is an absolute indication of your allocation, A Master allows you to support an additional Padawan/Jedi over the two minimum.

BTW - You don't need to indicate a Jedi as such on the roster, indicating clones with an id number is sufficient enough and allows you to break the Jedi/Sith naming mould, e.g. Count Dooku (No Darth).

1) A lineman is typically the roster ember you have most of, in your example, Hobos.
2) Masters also. Although I know your concern would be losing potentially two players. This is not a league for team builders but these rules are not set in stone either and I am happy to discuss/tweak them.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

damatze

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:
- When the padawan/apprentice reaches 17spp they are considered a jedi/sith, and thusly this player no longer counts towards your max padawan/apprentice limit. In essence the player has matured and no longer needs a master/lord mentor. You can now hire another padawan/apprentice to fill that space.
- When the jedi/sith reaches 51+ spp they are considered a master/lord and your team may include more padawans/apprentices.

Actually I like this idea, too. This would speed things up a little bit.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd agree that it would. But I also think getting a player to 16spps is rather easy.

So, a team could get 4 positionals to 16spps and have a pretty normall Blood Bowl roster pretty quickly.

Having to reach 51 spps means that people's teams will be bloated towards a couple individuals and emphasise their abilities over the rest of the roster, which is what I was aiming for.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Khaan

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Color me stupid, but what is the point of the jedi/sith level if there is no real difference between them and the padawans/apprentices? The only diff i see is that a padawan/apprentice cant be called to a Jedi challenge.

I seem to have a tendency of seing loopholes and commenting on them in any system i get into. Nothing personal. This league looks fun as hell!

The Boyz
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mate, please don't tread on egg shells for me... I put this to a forum for feedback, so it's appreciated.

The Rank of Jedi is purely for fluff, which I try to use where I can. From a mechanics point of view there is no distinction between a Jedi and Padawan class.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

damatze

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
So, a team could get 4 positionals to 16spps and have a pretty normall Blood Bowl roster pretty quickly.

True.

SeraphimRed wrote:
Having to reach 51 spps means that people's teams will be bloated towards a couple individuals and emphasise their abilities over the rest of the roster, which is what I was aiming for.

U got a point here, too. I was just stating against the Anti-Dwarf rule: A team getting upwards more quickly has good chances to persist against Dwarfs.

What do you think about a mixture rule?:
* A team may have as many Masters they can bring out.
* It may have [No. of "free"-Lords in the team]+2 Padawans.
* Additional they may have one Jedi, that is not yet a Master, but doesnt need to be matured. If a team has more than one Jedi, they need to be matured by X-1 Masters.
Khaan

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed on the point of getting too many skilled players.

I'm sure you could introduce some fun distinction between padawan/apprentice and jedi/sith though. I was thinking of skill choice limitations, but that is extremely hard to balance with all the different sorts of teams.

damatze, im having to take my socks off to handle those equations. Stop it! Smile

The Boyz
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting alternatives, but I don't really want to over complicate things.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Can a jedi/sith be a big guy? Or are they excluded entirely?
 Jump to: