38 coaches online • Server time: 10:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes they can. Any position can be a Jedi.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

tenpole

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you call your non positional linesmen that get lots of experience? Bounty Hunters?
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't call them anything. You could fluff them how you want though.

Non Jedi Characters, are simply Clones/Droids/Henchmen that need to somhow be denoted as such on te roster and that retire at 31spps. You could provide ranks via Medals as part your individual team fluff or something though, e.g.

0 - 5 - Storm Trooper
6 - 15 - Bounty Hunter
16 - 31 - Imperial Guard

As I said, they would need to be named appropriately though:

Kravus Storm Trooper
or
Bobbafet #1251

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

magan174

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant find any rules regarding Wizards and star players but it feel like they shouldnt be allowed. I'm I right?

-Magnus
hotspurstu

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly I think stars and wizards are allowed Magnus.

Quoted from the rules section:
"The only restrictions Star Wars places on teams is that no games may be played outside the League structure.
There are no restrictions placed upon team tactics. Teams may purchase wizards, hire stars, foul etc...
Stars and Wizards are assumed to be wandering Jedis enlisted to the cause."

I have a question too. More of a clarification really. As clones/droids can't take DP and Jedi may be removed because they fouled and got spotted. The only viable foulers in the whole league would be darkside Sith's right?

Quote from rules:
"Leader - Clones and Droids take orders only.
Dirty Player - Clones simply lack the right moves to truly Finish” someone like a trained Jedi does."

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats the impression i get Stu.
hotspurstu

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just like to say that I've read the rules as you've put them there and have no problems with them at all. I can see that you're trying to do something different from the typical league formats that go on in most other leagues. I like the idea of having to retire players once they're too skilled and can accept this as long as it's the same for all coaches (which I'm sure it will be).

The reason I make this point/post is that some of the questions others have posted leave me to believe that they may be looking for something other than what this league is. This may in turn lead the coaches to not be that committed in the long run as they may not be able to understand or accept the idea of it. Personally I think the rules as they are at the moment are quite clear and find it both a commendable and interesting idea for a league. Plus I f*****g love Star Wars.

If you can't or don't think the idea is close to good at the moment I urge you to get on board or not. I hope some don't join only to find they can't build their usual team as in other leagues and can't adapt to new tactics and ways of playing that may arise from this. I do however understand that there is a lot of text there and a few, kind of, hidden links. If English isn't your native tongue then questions on clarification make sense and if you can't find the links then maybe you may also not be able to take part in the honesty system of reporting fouls and double skulls as mentioned in the rules because you just won't spot them. Wink

:EDIT: removed animated GIF because it stopped working Sad

Last edited by hotspurstu on %b %19, %2007 - %20:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
sonofmus

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i want in.. just let me know when/where to sign up!
Xenon

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
That's right.

I would urge people interested in joining to just state so and not create any teams yet though.

Blah I wish I could read! Anyway I'm definitely in and have my team all ready and everything...

A few comments:

Firstly I don't care much either way on dorfs, but maybe they should be banned as there lineman are just killer, but then they are slow and not invincible.

Secondly Ogre teams are they allowed and how do they work. If I read the rules correctly the goblins are the positionals and hence the jedi on that team... that would mean that you would need an illegal starting line up (as only 2 gobos allowed) or they just wouldn't work.

Love the rules Ideas though Sera and can't wait to get things in motion
magan174

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Good you clarified the rules hotspurstu. I hadn't found the one regarding stars. I just wondered about the stars because if I where to create an orc team with only 2 positionals I would have alot of cash over for goodies.
phoenixlaw32

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd do this, let me know !!
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join this! Just a quick question, it says that you need a proven League record... I've played four league games, but they have just been in a casual league I set up to play friends in. Is this a problem? I'll be at uni in term time, and so have plenty of time to play, and can be pretty reliable. Also, when are you looking to start this league up?

Looks like a really good idea, well done! Very Happy
hotspurstu

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hogshine wrote:
I'll be at uni in term time, and so have plenty of time to play

LOL.... absolute genius

Not planning on studying too much then? Wink Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Uni's not for studying! What world are you living in? Wink

What I meant was that my study is mostly on my own, so I can do it when I want, and am therefore free to play more of the time, even though the actual amount of time I spend playing is starting to drop Sad
sonofmus

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

To expand on Xenon's question about ogres... what about the other "big guys?" since they are not technically position players or linemen, would they take up one of the two jedi slots?
 Jump to: