30 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grin

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2011 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Folks,
I am also interested to join. Which race can I choose?

Cheers
Grin
krytie

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The more the merrier! We have no race restrictions so apply with whatever you like. Bear in mind there's only 2 positionals allowed on starting teams, with more allowed when those grow in power.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
Might want to consider removing the DP restriction for clones to help combat C-POMB.

I have to head out, but I'll make a team tonight or over the weekend sometime. Any preferences or specific sides needed for league balance?

Yeah, my initial plan is only Leader skill is restricted, but may also restrict PO to just positionals. With linos only being allowed 2 skills, we are immune to mass CPOMB Wink

Choose any team you like. Allegiances can change season to season (although effect is minimal at present), so pick whichever you prefer.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, before I submit for approval... 7 FF, 2 positionals and 11 players minimum correct?

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this is all well and good, but you might ask yourself, "why isn't there a Slann team based on the Mos Eisley cantina band?"

Well, when the new season begins, you won't have to ask that any more.

You may, however, ask, "why is there a Slann team based on the Mos Eisley cantina band?"

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering your fluff for restricting DP from clones (they aren't good enough at finishing moves), and the fact that the fluff for Piling On is basically 'jump up on him and FINISH HIM'.. I would say your fluff almost requires Piling On be banned from clones.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree with banning PO on clones for this reason: Most clones will only get a couple skills before they are either in training to be a Jedi or Sith, or they are cut. If someone wants to give their clone PO before block or MB, by all means... go for it. It'd be a waste for your standard conscript to be prone with not much chance to hurt the opposition. I welcome it. I'd much rather your silly peons have PO rather than something that might help you win the match.
krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
Ok, before I submit for approval... 7 FF, 2 positionals and 11 players minimum correct?

Hi Wraith, Sorry i only just read this :shame:

That's fine, although FF7 is not really a requirement now that LRB4 has gone. Looking over your teams it looks like you either haven't created yet or got bored waiting and retired Sad hopefully it's the first option.

2 Positionals is the only restriction at present until we get a season of CRP under our belts. I might take up your idea about PO though, and restrict it just to Jedi/Sith.

As stated though, no further restrictions for this season.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

well, it looks like the new boys are leading the way whilst the old guard are enjoying their extended rest period more than ever.

grats to FreeRange and ahalfling for getting the training camp underway -- hopefully this will trigger a few more games before we all get down to serious business.

A quick summary of restrictions:

Teams (new or old) may have:
- 2 Jedi/Sith below 51spp.
- any number of Jedi/Sith with 51-125spp
- an extra 0-50spp Jedi Sith for each living Jedi/Sith over 125spp.
- No Clones/Droids/Henchmen over 30spp - retire after 3rd skill.
- Any Inducements except Wizards and Stars.
- Any number of Journeymen.

Clones/Droids/Henchmen may choose any skill except Leader

DP and PO will be allowed for all in Season 7, but is being considered for restriction from Season 8. Bear this in mind when you gain skills.

May the Force be with you!
Grand Moff Krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2011 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Imperial Naval Academy, "Creating Leaders for the New Galactic Order", has submitted a squad application for consideration. The Board of regents awaits the League's pleasure.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=665719
LAAT501legion

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2011 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I was interested in joining,however I haven't got league experience in FUMBBL.Can I still participate?
krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2011 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

A few points of order to divulge this week:

Breaking News:
Spies working on Council orders have detected several spacecraft entering the region. Initial reports indicate these are independent bands of mercenaries, who may pose a threat to stability. The Council encourages all units to attempt to intercept insurgents where possible.
A big Star Wars welcome to another 2 initiates, Wraith and Krispy. Hopefully some teams will be able to offer you soem training games before it all kicks off later this month.

Political News:
Unrest is growing throughout the galaxy. The council fears war is imminent. The call to arms may arrive at any moment so all teams are urged to make their final preparations to ensure they are battle-ready when the call comes.
The training camp will run for another week or so and then it's down to business. Last chance for all the new teams to prep for battle before the Clone Wars begin.

Business News:
Healthy expansion causes administrative nightmare: Plans for reform of league structure/participation restrictions go before the Council.
It was always my intention to move towards a tiered divisonal structure, but with so few coaches we cannot really support this layered approach, so we will once again go with 2 "equal" top divisions, split randomly.
We currently have 9 coaches with another about to create a team, meaning there will be 2 divisions/planets/galaxies of at least 5 teams each. Top 2 teams from each division will go into Playoffs -- First in each div will play second in the other div, winners play final to decide the Galactic Champion.

This brings up the question of whether people would like/dislike the idea of coaches having up to 2 teams each (in different divisions).
Positives: Increased team numbers, more games, more variety of teams.
Negatives: Increased deja vu feeling, 2 chances to win may be viewed unfair.

If any of you has any strong feelings for/against this please let me know. If there are no(t many) strong objections I will allow 2 teams per coach for Clone Wars and Return of the Jedi, but will ask for only one team per coach to enter the Arena.

Technology News:
Reports of communications malfunctions have been found to be falsehoods. Official Council communications methods are running at maximum efficiency.
Reminder to everyone: Star Wars shares the FUMBBL #OBBA channel on IRC so drop in whenever you're online for friendly banter and to arrange matches more easily.

That is all. You may return to your assigned tasks.

Grand Moff krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2011 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Last few days for any new recruits to sign up and join the fun. If anyone is interested, please PM me for details before you make your team/apply to group.

Cheers
krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

training camp recap of Black Sun vs Mandalorian Padawons

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3193849
LAAT501legion

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2011 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

With a great defeat in the form of a 0-3,the 501st BB Legion has lost now 3 games in a row,and the first player to gain a skill is...A clone!Confused
What surprises awaits us?
Only time will tell.
 Jump to: