23 coaches online • Server time: 07:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Krispy

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2011 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The Imperial Naval Academy was on route to Tatooine to play the Tatooine Dust Devils when Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure disbanded the team and bought his band Blood Bowl uniforms and equipment. Upon learning of the change of opponents, the cadets marched into the Tatooine stadium filled with howling Modal Node fans thinking that they were going to see a concert but were instead treated to an entertaining match.

The first half saw a comedy of rookie errors as Jedi after warrior after henchman after bot tried unsuccessfully to control the ball. Sideman Sy Snoodles was injured much to the crowds dismay as that meant certain key sections of the Nodes hits would be missing until he healed.

In the second half, the cadets tried to set up a patient offensive play but were thwarted by a staunch Nodal defense. However, the Force was strong with this Jedi squad as they scrapped and fought against the musicians finally earning the winning TD.

In the spirit of the event, The Modal Nodes performed a show with the Bloodweiser Babe, having been over-entertained in the VIP box, performed with the band in a manner that caused another type of pitch invasion.
krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear ye, Hear ye! War is upon us.

There are now less than 24 hours preparation time for the first battle of Clone Wars VII. Please make sure all teams comply with the padawan/apprentice support rules.

Contrary to earlier reports, we will be involved in a 2-tier system which will involve an 8-team top tier, fighting for the Galactic Championship (after playoffs) and a lower tier of (currently) 6 teams, fighting for promotion.
Two teams will be promoted and two teams will be relegated.

I have decided to fill the lower tier with what i will now call \"Training Droid\" teams. Training Droid teams will have no chance of promotion, and will consist of ONLY DROIDS -- NO JEDI/SITH!
These teams will be immune to the Jedi/Sith Negatraits, but will still be limited to <31spp per Droid.
I will create one of these teams myself (or fire all Jedi from one of my existing teams), and i am looking for a volunteer to run a second team.

Note that if new coaches are accepted into the group, they will replace the Training Droid teams, until we reach the tier maximum of 8 teams. After this, spare teams will go onto a waiting list. (/optimism) Wink

Comments welcome
K

May the Force be with you!

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

In the last tune up match before the Clone Wars, The Imperial Naval Academy Cadets showed they were ready for battle by punishing the Mistryl Shadow Guards 3-2. The cadets notched up 7 casualties overall with Padawan Artier Kynonn collecting a casualty hat-trick by turn 6 of the first half, killing 2 guards and finished with 4 casualties delivered.

The one area they Cadets showed weakness in was ball handling. Because of this, the Shadow Guards took advantage of opportunities to get their hands on the ball and kept the game close on the scoreboard. But with such a disadvantage in manpower, the Cadets were able to score late in the game and march away with the victory.
krytie

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings competitors!

The 7th Clone Wars festival has begun. Please check your local Officio Administratum for scheduling details.

The backwater planet of Tatooine hosts the newly recruited teams until they can earn respect and honour from their peers. These untrained layabouts are to be moulded into effective fighting units during their trials here, and deadlines are not strictly upheld.
The more prestigious matches with take place on Coruscant, running to a strict schedule of 9-day rounds. The Administratum encourages matches to be played ahead of schedule, and will take a very dim view of any matches delayed without official decree. You have been warned.

Teams which fail to entertain on Coruscant will be banished to the Outer rim wasteland of Tatooine for the following Clone Wars, to be replaced by the most effective and entertaining teams from that region.

The best performing teams from Coruscant will then fight it out in a Galactic Championship Final.

May the Force be with you
Grand Moff krytie

------
[/fluff]

Hi everyone,

The new season has officially begun and the matches are scheduled. Points are awarded (3/1/0) for a win/draw/loss and points deducted for any forfeits made with teams failing to contact me. Please ensure you arrange your matches as far in advance as possible. If you are having trouble scheduling matches please invite me into the PM. Do this BEFORE the deadline to avoid penalty!

Note that there is a mismatch in sizes between the 2 divisions. Due to this, I will not be strictly enforcing the deadlines on Tatooine, but I will still forfeit matches where necessary to keep the games moving.

Promotion/relegation between divisions will involve 2 teams from each division swapping places for the following Clone Wars season. Positions/divisions in Clone Wars league stage has no bearing on the Return of the Jedi or Arena competitions.

Remember to use the forum for reporting match results, calling out opponents and general banter. (Do not use this Group PM!)

Remember to check the Rules page or ask me when you are uncertain of a particular rule.

Rules recap:
No restrictions on player tactics, only on management option. ie, any player can use any action available to them in game.
Specifically: Star Players and Wizards are NOT permitted at this point. All other inducements are allowed.

Please remember to note in your team Bio, whether your team is (currently) aligned with the Light or Dark side of the Force (Jedi/Sith). This has the following in-game effect:

Sith:
Any clone/droid/henchmen causing a turnover by double/triple-skull block dice (after RR if appropriate) will be executed (retired) after the match by the team's dominant Sith as a warning to others that failure will not be tolerated. If the team has no Sith, or no Sith participated in this match, then the penalty does not apply.

Jedi:
Any Jedi sent off for fouling will be banished (retired) on a 5+ roll after the match. This roll will be done in chat by a group admin, preferably with witnesses Smile

Clones/Droids/Henchmen:
Remember that Clones et al cannot be pushed as hard as Jedi/Sith, and so are removed from the team as soon as they gain their 3rd skill (31spp or more).
In addition, Clones may not take the DP or Leader skills.
(DP is back in as it makes the Jedi rule more effective, not because of the effectiveness of DP.)

Good luck to all, and most importantly, Have Fun!
Cheers
Krytie

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Clone Wars- Tatooine - Game 1

Not happy about his squad being relegated to the sub-level of the Clone War festival, Prince Xizor was determined to take his anger and frustration out on the first team they were matched up against, which would prove unfortunate for the 501st BB Legion.

For under the sweltering heat of mid-day Tatooine in front of a crowd which can best be described as a wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Black Sun squad showed no mercy in dispatching their foe with a final score of 3 to 1.

The game was rough from the start as Vigo Ainzlee led the troops into a brutal fight in the trenches as the syndicate had 49 blocks in the game, 9 of which were Ainzlee’s own. Smuggler Rowan made a key block in the 2nd half springing Xizor, who after the game promptly promoted him to Pirate and made him his own personal guard.

Prinze Xizor himself played in a beautiful rage sending a trooper into the crowd (which promptly cracked his skull), and smashing the hip of another, all by turn two. The Prince would go on to add a 2nd half touchdown which would ensure him the game MVP bonus which Xizor spent almost immediately after to buy new spiked vibro-pads which are promised to ensure a more powerful block. Alexi Garyn added two touchdowns of his own showing that the two leaders of the Black Sun do not hold positions of power by accident. That power can be wielded to punish or to reward and luckily for the henchman, today, Xizor decided to reward his squad by picking up the tab at Chalmun’s Cantina. Next week they may not be so lucky…
Krispy

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Clone Wars - Tatooine Match 2 Round 1
The First Clone War battle on the fringe planet of Tatooine between the home planet Modal Nodes and the off worlders from the Imperial Naval Academy was, on the score board, a one sided affair. The cadets ran ran crazy over the talented musicians fielded by the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure.

Under the field command of Padawan Artier Kynoon, the cadets' defense did everything correctly forcing multiple turnovers by the usually nimble Nodes. The offense tossed 5 passes and scored 4 times. Unit commander, Fleet Admiral Holt gave an inspired pregame speech and his game plan allowed the Nodes no room for maneuver while allowing the cadets to be in position to capitalize on every error, forced or unforced by the Hutt's men.
Krispy

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Clone Wars - Tatooine Match 3 Round 1

On Tatooine, the 7 game winning streak of the Cadets from The Imperial Naval Academy came to an end as Prince Xizor led his Black Sun squad to victory 2-1. The Cadets blitzed the opening kick and after 3 turns, Black Sun Padawan Alexi Garyn squeezed through a hole and broke towards the Cadets goal line and despite being chased by 2 droids, he put the Black Sun up 1-0. The Cadets returned the favor on the ensuing kick running a play to Padawan Meillar Yaegoon who scored on turn 7.
In the Cadet locker room, spirits were high as they had numerical advantage and the tactics the Admiral had designed were working. Confidence was high.
But Padawan Meillar Yaegoon became too aggressive early in the half carrying the ball upfield without enough droids for coverage and Prince Xizor's thieves made the Cadets pay. The highlight was when Padawan Artier Kynonn was seriously injured. He will miss the next match as well. By the end of the match, only 3 cadets were left on the pitch as the Henchmen of Prince Xizor celebrated their upset victory.
The Admiral took the defeated Jedi into training directly after the match saying that their sadness and weariness were exactly the state of mind to teach them their next lessons.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Clone Wars - Tatooine Match 3 Round 1

Overhead after the match…

Prince Xizor: “Would you mind telling me what happened out there?”

Alexi Garyn: “Our operatives were able to track down the jawas that stole our armour…”

Prince Xizor: “Tell me you terminated them”

Alexi Garyn: “With extreme predjudice, others will think twice before trying that stunt again.”

Prince Xizor: “Good… I don’t like being made a fool of Garyn. You’re lucky we got that armour back by halftime and pulled that match out. Outbashed by those greenhands from the Academy, I’d have never heard the end of it. Now where’s Cal, just because she got the MVP bonus this match doesn’t mean she still doesn’t have to shine my boots…”
Krispy

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2011 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Clone Wars - Tatooine Round 4
Imperial Naval Academy 3 - 2 501st BB Legion

Fleet Admiral Holt: So young Padawan, what just occurred?

Padawan Meillar Yaegoon: I'm not sure Master. The game was 3/4 gone. We were down 1-2 and I was on my but near the ball and the end zone. The next minute We were celebrating because I had scored and the game was tied.

Fleet Admiral Holt: There was a great disturbance in the force. A mad Jedi Wizard threw 7 Fireballs and a Lightning Missile at you. But the force is strong with you. While protecting yourself, you created a rift in time taking all of us back to the beginning of the match. Then Time ran forward to the point where the Wizard began his madness. But you were in the stands and eliminated the threat. We are impressed young Yaegoon.

Padawan Meillar Yaegoon: So I am alive?

Fleet Admiral Holt: Alive and victorious young Padawan. Almost a Jedi are you...almost.
krytie

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys, Round 5 is Go!

Sorry for letting this season run so far behind schedule. I'm aware of at least one coach who has lost much of their free time -- If anyone else is feeling they don't have time to play their games, please let me know by PM.

In the meantime, lets try to get our games scheduled and played as early as possible each round.

I've set the Round 5 deadline as 23rd Oct giving us 2 weekends to help get the games in --- please please please PM your opponents as soon as you read this to set up times for matches. (and remember to add me to the convo/ PM me directly if you are having problems arranging a game. )

If we can get some momentum going, we might just finish before the festive break.

Krytie

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2011 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies for the lateness - Round 6 is now open. The deadline will be Nov 4th (leaving the fireworks for the final round Wink )

Please try to schedule your games as early as possible (glares at self).

K

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2011 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Figrin D'an counted the money one more time. Yes, it was all there -- 130,000 credits. Enough to pay off Jabba once and for all, even at the Hutt's extortionate interest rates. The band was free to resume their career as non-fighting, non-athletic musicians, and even had enough left over to book passage to another planet.

It had come at a cost, though... Tech Mo'r was looking at weeks of recovery in the bacta tank, and Max Rebo's ankle might never fully heal. D'an vowed never to gamble away his band's savings again... and hoped he'd actually possess the fortitude to carry that promise through this time.

OOC: Unfortunately, I have had to retire my team. I've found myself swamped -- just too many leagues and league games to play. Thanks for the matches, and I hope to see you all elsewhere on the site. Who knows -- if things change, I may be back some day...

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
krytie

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2011 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And so it begins! Eight adventurous teams compete in 4v4 KO matches until one is victorious.

You have 10 days to complete the first round matches, but it would be nice to run ahead of schedule for once, so we can squeeze all 3 rounds in before everyone disappears on holiday.

As usual, please PM opponents to plan your match times, keep me informed of any troubles, and join #OBBA to join in the banter.

K

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2011 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The Force is weak right now! Flux in the Hyperdrive motivator.. No games can be played atm :'(

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2012 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Master of the Force is...

Borsk Fey'lya!!!

... and not for the first time neither Razz

Congratulations to Nico for another crushing victory.

The Master of the Force (MotF) must take one of the following actions:
1 Purge the weak -- The Sith MotF may banish one Sith of their choice.
2 Duel to the Death -- The MotF chooses one Jedi team and one Sith team, who must play each other in an NvN match. The number of players for this match (N) is determined by the highest number of Jedi/Sith on one team. The short-handed team may fill the remaining slots with clones, starting from the highest spp.

The losing team must retire their highest spp Jedi/Sith!!
This game uses full 8 turn overtime rules.

------------

@Nico -- please reply to this PM with your decision, or PM /IRC me with any queries.

Once the MotF game/banishment is sorted out, we'll be heading to the Arena for some swiss style games.

If anyone knows anyone (reliable) who may be interested in joining, please give them the full recruitment spiel and/or send them my way. Otherwise, next season's Clone Wars might be a bit thin (4+4). If any of our sabbatical teams/coaches wish to rejoin the collective, please let me know. Likewise for any coaches wishing to restart their team.

And on a personal note, i'd like to apologise for my extended absence over the winter period. This was predominantly due to a house move with unexpected internet issues thrown in for good measure. Thanks to everyone for managing to get their games in, regardless of how late some of them were Smile

May the Force be with you!
krytie