20 coaches online • Server time: 01:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is your coach ranking low because of all the times you lost when you first started?
Yes
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 17

Zane

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2003 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not too sure on how exactly these get calculated but I'm getting a little sick of my ranking being in the 130's when I've been winning much more than I've been losing.
I was just wondering if there could be a change made to calculate the coach ranking using the most recent 50 matches. So therefore you are ranked on a long term basis but its easier to increase your ranking than just playing MASSES of games... Razz
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2003 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The coach ranking system is not going to be changed. If you are interested in short term ranking, the championship system is a coach ranking system that is reset each month. If you are interested in finding out how ranking is calculated, there are details in the faq.

The short answer is that if you are winning more than loosing and still have a low ranking, you are not winning games against teams with the same or similar strength or coaches with the same or similar rating. A win against a coach with 170 ranking is worth a lot more than a win against a coach with 130 ranking, and the same goes for team strength.

As for the question about having a low rating due to early losses, we allow people to create unranked teams if they want to have the opportunity to learn without lowering their ranking for exactly this reason.

The Finishing Touch
jazzer

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2003 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I am the greatest coach ever except when i get hungry and have to conced so i can buy a cheeseburge, seriously folks dont get hung up on rankings just play the damn game and have a hoot, at the wash up at the end of the day it doesnt really matter who one or lost but how many fouls you do
 Jump to: