93 coaches online • Server time: 22:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Does the strength formula take secret weapons into account? It's a very small issue (no pun intended) since it primarily comes into play in stunty, but I have a Goblin Cheaters and their STR rating looks a wee bit off.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=35221
$135k for a ball and chain? That should be the cost of a player with 4637 and no skills, right? Also Pogos and Chainsaws don't seem to be added into the player's strength either ($35k for a gobbo and $50k without stunty).

I'll wait to put this in bugzilla until I find out whether or not I'm imagining this.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2003 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret weapons are not currently taken into account. As for the ball and chain player, because of the way Ski made the ball and chain work, the player has to have the full strength on his profile, and this is what that calculation is based on.

The Finishing Touch
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2003 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed another strange thing about the str formula, a nurgling with no skills and a nurgling with one skill have the same value, 20k. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=34991

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2003 - 02:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. The minimum player value is 20k. A nurgling isn't worth much either way. Smile
HoboJed

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This nurgling of mine, with only 2 skill rolls, is worth quite a lot (135k) Mr. Green:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=241330
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

thats a hell of a nurgling
Majere

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The minimum player value is 20k

i got a player worth 17 k Smile ...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=163177

btw: i got a mummy with 3/5/1/9 MB, reg worth 115 k and a zombie with 4/4/2/8 reg worth 115k too.. isnt the zombie worth too much ?

Majere
m0nty

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it is worth a lot more to a team to have a ST4 zombie than to have a normal mummy, because you don't use up a mummy slot in getting a very strong player.
oeuftete

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2003 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
No, it is worth a lot more to a team to have a ST4 zombie than to have a normal mummy, because you don't use up a mummy slot in getting a very strong player.

I didn't believe this would affect the calculation at first, but here's the bit from the strength calculation page:

Quote:
Spikes, +MA, +ST and +AG have already been taken into account in the above tables, but still give the "default" 2+Cumulative addition to the player value.

So the zombie would be worth less, except for that provision, which brings the zombie's value up to the mummy's, even though his stats and skills would have him less valuable.

Which accounts for what m0nty said, more or less.
 Jump to: