61 coaches online • Server time: 23:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Dark Elf setup shall I take?
2 Assassin, 2 Blitzer, 2 Witch, 1 Re-Roll
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
2 Assassin, 3 Blitzer, 1 Witch, 1 Runner, 1 Re-Roll
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
2 Assassin, 4 Blitzer, 2 Runner, 1 Re-Roll
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Witch, 2 Runner, 2 Re-Roll
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
2 Assassin, 2 Witch, 1 Runner, 2 Re-Roll
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Runner, 3 Re-Roll
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Witch, 3 Re-Roll
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Runner, 2 Re-Roll, Apo
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
I don't care but still like voting / I hate you
25%
 25%  [ 40 ]
Cake / Orbital Barrage
35%
 35%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 158

phil78

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
/me prays for dwarves

Yeah, thats one of the main reasons I'm having second thoughts. At least the cas don't carry on to the next game
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:
Quote:
/me prays for dwarves

Yeah, thats one of the main reasons I'm having second thoughts. At least the cas don't carry on to the next game
#

if they did alot of pepole would be screwed lol

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Johnny, though its not my team can I humbly suggest that you scrap the runners (dauntless needs re-rolls) in favour of more ulfwerner or berzerkers. Guard on berzerkers looks like a better bet than tackle but that might just be my playing style.

I'll give it a go in playtesting mate, also someone said about taking mb instead of guard on the snow troll, what do you think?
stormsson

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be taking my Skaven using pretty much the same team as Peter Thorpe, only I can't decide on the 3rd reroll or 7FF. I know the reroll will probably be more handy, but I just love punching holes through my opponents line with a thrown rock or pitch invasion lol.

As for the assassin I don't think shadowing will be that handy, certainly not against me anyway. The only thing you really want to hit with it will be my Gutters, which you'll get an advantage blitz on anyway, and if you try to shadow him I'll roll 1d6 +3 so it's highly doubtful you'll follow him anyway.

If you still insist on one can I suggest tackle for his skill, at least then if you manage to shadow a dodger he won't be able to take his dodge reroll.

Just my opinions though, see y'all up there.

Kev
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2008 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

stormsson wrote:
I'll be taking my Skaven using pretty much the same team as Peter Thorpe, only I can't decide on the 3rd reroll or 7FF. I know the reroll will probably be more handy, but I just love punching holes through my opponents line with a thrown rock or pitch invasion lol.

As for the assassin I don't think shadowing will be that handy, certainly not against me anyway. The only thing you really want to hit with it will be my Gutters, which you'll get an advantage blitz on anyway, and if you try to shadow him I'll roll 1d6 +3 so it's highly doubtful you'll follow him anyway.

If you still insist on one can I suggest tackle for his skill, at least then if you manage to shadow a dodger he won't be able to take his dodge reroll.

Just my opinions though, see y'all up there.

Kev

with 7FF you effectively guarrentee yourself the FAME, apart from a few coaches who try the same thing

and its pretty simple, first skill you take is leader on the thrower, theres your three rerolls along with a high fan base

however, FAME only affects Riot, Brilliant Coaching, Cheering Fans, Pitch Invasion 2 of those four give you the reroll you could have bought anyway, its just a matter of personal choice, play it right and they end up the same overall

(unless you dont want leader as a skill in which case i would suggest 3 rerolls, with only 2 your playing the odds of being trouble free for 3 turns at a time, how often does that happen?

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

johnnyB79 wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Johnny, though its not my team can I humbly suggest that you scrap the runners (dauntless needs re-rolls) in favour of more ulfwerner or berzerkers. Guard on berzerkers looks like a better bet than tackle but that might just be my playing style.

I'll give it a go in playtesting mate, also someone said about taking mb instead of guard on the snow troll, what do you think?

Both are good, depends what you want it to do and the way you play Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember Runners have MA7 and access to agility skills, which is pretty useful for the good old 2 turn TD.

I'm taking Wood Elves, mainly cos I have some interesting ideas on how to convert them into a cool looking team (the GW Wood Elves are pretty average).

The team I'm thinking of taking are

2 Wardancers (120) = 240
3 Catchers (90) = 270
1 Thrower (90) = 90
5 Lineman (70) = 350
1 Re-roll (50) = 50

Skills will be Leader on the thrower, block on some of the catchers, maybe stip ball on a dancer and kick / block on a lineman, maybe tackle on a dancer too. maybe frenzy on someone just cos surfing is funny.

This is pretty risky with so few re-rolls, will just hope I meet a n00b in game 1 before I get the leader Re-roll and I'll have to avoid my tendancies to try and bash with elves.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Remember Runners have MA7 and access to agility skills, which is pretty useful for the good old 2 turn TD.

B................A....................H..........................BAH!

My ratty roster:

3 gutters - 240k
2 Storm vermin - 180k
1 Thrower - 70k
7 Linerats - 350k
3 Re-rolls 180k

Skills: guard on the vermin, leader on the thrower, block/stripball on the gutters? kick on a lineman? Not sure exactly which skills to get or what order just because the starting team has prety much everything already Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Block or sprint on gutters for sure

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sprint truly is Peter Thorperific (from your sloganiser).

I've got really fond of strip ball recently, especially on agility type teams.... is there anything thats really suitable for it? Storm vermin just arent agile enough, so I do without it and hope?

Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Sprint truly is Peter Thorperific (from your sloganiser).

I've got really fond of strip ball recently, especially on agility type teams.... is there anything thats really suitable for it? Storm vermin just arent agile enough, so I do without it and hope?

it depends if you want to give it to SV, commit 1 or 2 pepole to the gutters, or go without, there aint much of another option past that, sensible ones at least

and thank you Smile sprint does so much when its needed ;D

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm.

I'm far from a Skaven coach... But Sprint? On tr 100 teams?

Hmmm.

Can I play you first? Razz
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Hmmmm.

I'm far from a Skaven coach... But Sprint? On tr 100 teams?

Hmmm.

Can I play you first? Razz

its a matter of personal preference
i can get alot out of sprint in rookie teams

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

When I said it was Peter Thorperific I had a very specific meaning in mind Very Happy

Edit: now your sloganiser says "Everybody Loves Peter Thorpe", not subtle with its lies eh?

Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2008 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

im a love hate type character Smile and i couldnt care less either