92 coaches online • Server time: 22:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ug

Post 14 Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

O/T Rocks!!!
I love playing in a league with overtime. It's so much more satisfying to continue a tie game into a final desparate struggle for the winning TD!

If you get a chance to play with O/T, do it! It would be cool if they add it to the Open division.

- a Norseman who just won in O/T over a bunch of dark elves Very Happy

Bring on Rats! Looking forward to week #2
Vassago2

Post 10 Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The halflings are so mighty that they are gonna conqouer the WORLD Laughing Mohahahahahahaahahahahah
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sultans of Slice

MESSAGE DELETED BY THE SULTANS OF SLICE ATTITUDE IMPROVEMENT SOCIETY.

The S.O.S.A.I.S. is please to announce a major change in team objective.

Last edited by BunnyPuncher on %b %12, %2003 - %04:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm... doesn't seem very consistent with this League's stated aims (being maximum fun and minimum team crippling).

I've got no problems myself (as I'm safely tucked away in Australia for starters) but I thought the coaches in this league were well filtered and carefully selected?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine.. due to overwhelming demand.. Sheik Yar Booty has been sacked.. and his happier twin brother also called Sheik Yar Booty is in charge of the Sultans of Slice. Just trying to have a bit of fun with role-playing, but its clearly my week to pisse people off.

So therefore I will become yet another wimpy dark elf squad will hold fouling off unless strategically neccessary.

See.. I'm easy to get along with.. but no apologies for slashing up that skaven squad Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Being the coach of the opposing team in this match, let me say that I don't care too much about this kind of play in general. Play how you want, and I'll choose not to play you again if I don't like it. If it's a tournament, I probably only have to put up with it once or maybe twice, and it's a fairly easy win when only one side is trying to win.

But... to decide to play a team that way when you voluntarily joined the league and the commissioner explicitly and frequently noted what type of league he was trying to run:

Quote:
The goal of this league is to not be overly bashy so that teams can survive and have fun. (and to ensure coaches don't quit).

... Well, I'm sorry, Bunny, you seem like a nice enough guy and all, but signing up to do the exact opposite was an asshole thing to do. There are tons of other tournaments where you could have tried this out.

Luckily my next match isn't so bad, against dwarves... oh, wait. Damn.

Oh yeah... nyah nyah, I won.... and I think you could have at least tied with the same amount of fouling... except maybe with 2-3 assists on each one instead of the 6+ you made sure of each time.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the above posts by me.

If you all want me to leave. I have no issue with that either.

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No issues with ya Bunny (except when you try to give advice with your record), I got the ref on Acheron_Styx and fouled off some his scro (he had no apoth) into the ko box. Was not out to destroy him, but win the match

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha! I hope to meet your neutered Sultans in the midseason crossover matches where my lads will happily beat your little elfy faces into pulps and kick your little elfy bones into dust!

How easily tamed are the cruel and terrifying Sultans! Razz

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a beyach for knuckling in to peer pressure (I just want everyone to *love* me!) Shocked

of course.. I could be lieing like a politcician too.. only time will tell.

P.S. Darkwolf - doood... let it go Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

OK everyone - I think Bunny gets the point. Let's kill this topic before any feelings get bruised like a banana.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

TONITE!!! 11PM EST The Black Crag Blood Sox will take on Grugni's Grudgebearers! First 100 in attendance will receive autographed blood sox (dipped in the ref's blood) signed by the team, halftime show sponsored by Orca-Cola, national anthem to be sung by The Jimi Halfling Experience, 1 gp will buy you the whole seat BUT YOU WILL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!!!
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
We hit thoze chaoz real hard, harder zan zey hit uz... and zat zez alot. We dun know whoz next, but i doznt mazzer - we will win anyway.

-Likkitik Longlegs of the Warpstone Plagues after the game vs Steel Dogs in week 1.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The first eleven fans to show up at the Grudgebearer's dugout after tonight's match can get a full set of souvenir orc teeth! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2003 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Grugni's Grudgebearers prevailed over the Black Crag Blood Sox 2-1 in overtime (I have to agree with Ug, O/T is a beautiful thing....) We fell short of our goal of collecting eleven sets of Ork teeth for our fans, but we did manage to collect a couple and our fans rewarded us with a very fat 100k purse. You should see the light that shines in a young Dwarven lad's eyes when he receives his first black ork canine.....

Bring on the 'zons!