26 coaches online • Server time: 08:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Kill the Rookie SMACKs off for good?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 45 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 102

f0rd

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2008 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be a bad week, its no hypocrisy here. I am saying "let people play the way they want without limiting them". There are already limits like the "fair-TS"-rule, 1in10-rule and so on, that of course should be followed. Theres plenty of ways to enjoy the site for everyone.

The ones who enjoy frontloading in rookie smacks wont be able to do so if they are taken away, and the ones that today arent enjoying them wont enjoy them more if they are taken away, so let them stay.

Chewie wrote:
Just rename them the Cheese Smack and leave them to it... at least those that don't want to be lamers will know to avoid it.

I think the lamest thing here are the selfproclaimed "we know best"-crowd, let people have their freedom to play how they like and how the enjoy themselves. Just because you dont like fouling/stalling/elfballing/nudeplaying/cheering/bashing/frontloading/smackplaying doesnt make it wrong.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2008 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The two are pretty much different imho. Rookie smacks are fast, while RRR is a weekly schedule. What's wrong with one wanting to have a couple of quick games fast? Some people don't like the weekly schedule, ecpecially if those are new teams. I think there is no reason to kill off rookie smacks, other than some people hating them. Let people decide what kind of tourney they wanna play. Banning stuff doesn't make sense.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2008 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
f0rd wrote:
Try to enjoy your own stay here as much as you can and donĀ“t bother trying to limit other peoples ways how they enjoy themselves. If people enjoy frontloading teams and play rookie smacks then let them, if you dont then you are free not to.

It might be just me having a bad week, but that post stinks of hypocrisy.

Surely, the enjoyment of those who don't want to frontload teams in rookie smacks is being limited?

By saying "Don't enter them if you don't like it" f0rd puts forward the best reason for getting rid of rookie smacks... those who do frontload and cheese out tournament wins will keep on doing so, and the rest of us can go rot, for all they care - we MUST NOT limit their enjoyment.

Just rename them the Cheese Smack and leave them to it... at least those that don't want to be lamers will know to avoid it.

Yes, you can go rot Smile

I run loads of rookie tournaments. I impose a minimum FF of 6.
Any of you guys are free to go over to [L] and create tournaments with any ruies you like.

Tournaments have rules. If a team meets the rules it's in.
What has it got to do with anyone else what people do with ther teams before or after a tournament as long as it meets the tournament rules and the division rules?

I really don't see why we need all this holier than thou "you're a cheesy lamer" talk.
Do you want to moan about fouling, stalling, not enough fouling, stalling etc too?
How about we cancel the Fumbbl Cup because some teams played on the birthday, have too much cash, rolled too many doubles, have one turners

Boo hoo! it's not fair man!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2008 - 15:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

While rookie smacks are open to what some coaches see as 'abuse', i believe the tightening of the rules around concessions will make rookie smacks more competitive.

In general i am of the view that one needs a good reason to prohibit something, rather than a good reason to allow it.

As coaches that dislike Rookie smacks have the option to not play them, and as they are still very popular, i see no current arguement in favour of banning them that would take precedent over the desire to allow all to game here in whatever way suits them best.

Rookie smacks stay, for now.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %06, %2008 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2008 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
while RRR is a weekly schedule.

Bi-weekly even, so as slow as it gets in the ranked tourney scene. (should be changed to weekly imho)
 Jump to: