10 coaches online • Server time: 06:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

First i would like to thank Purplechest for the time he is going to spend and the blame he is going to take !
2nd i like to encourage every coach participating to announce their matchup here

And now :

Welcome to the Warpstone Open

WO predictions

round 1
1 Amazones, 1 Chaosdwarfs, 2 Chaos, 3 WE, 1 DE, 1 Humans, 3 Orcs, 1 Khemri, 1 UD, 1 Necros, 1 Dwarf

Enanitos malitos II (dwarfs 249 / 176 coached by lidur) vs Innocent Felons (CDs 263 / 235 coached by Emphasy)

A bashed dwarf team vs the felons... what a walkover...

Enanitos malitos II - Innocent Felons 0-3
Enanitos malitos II - Innocent Felons 0-1
concession...

Fleetfoot's Revenge I (orcs 280 / 240 coached by Malmir) vs Teef Rippas (orcs 319 / 242 coached by MadTias)

Orcs vs Orcs both teams have some cash (180k vs 130k), Fleetfoot's ssp are spread, which is allways important, but they lack the numbers... so i guess it will a tough game.

Fleetfoot's Revenge I - Teef Rippas 1-2
Fleetfoot's Revenge I - Teef Rippas 2-0
Luck: 49% - 73% Another time Nuffle said "no"

Death's Angels (chaos 286 / 262 coached by WG|Dark_Angel) vs Corpse Factory (khemri 284 / 260 coached by Bytez0r)

Slots of stat-ups on the chaosteam vs dp filled khemri-team. we can hope for a carnage or we will see a onesided boring game. at least none team will left the pitch without takeing some damage. 50k smells like a wizard-hiring. and he will do it.

Death's Angels - Corpse Factory 2-1
Death's Angels - Corpse Factory 1-0
Well no carnage *sniff* just 1 goat died in the first round

Ultimate Mr Men (DE 312 / 275 coached by PeteW) vs Extraordinary Brotherhood (chaos 389 / 283 coached by Alibaba)

Thats what we call a first round clash. The mighty Brootherhood vs PeteW's Ultimates. Both teams have some money to spend and i guess PeteW will do so. Depending on the casflow, the DE will receive, the game might go this or that way. if the will be able to stay fielded, they will win... on the other hand we know Alibabas cas-inflicting skills...

Ultimate Mr Men - Extraordinary Brotherhood 2-3 in OT
Ultimate Mr Men - Extraordinary Brotherhood 2-1
You cant win, even with GTR if the dice dont want you to win.... Nuffle said no to the Brotherhood.

Higgis Haubencenter (WE 260 / 268 coached by TheCount) vs Myranor Wanderers (WE 285 / 247 coached by Oventa)

Woodies vs Woodies. The Wanderes have the great Tree but we know this game wont be won by a tree. So lets take a look on the teams. 1 tackle for the Wanderers, 1STup, 1 DP, 1 guard. 4 ST-up, 3 tackle, ma9 ag5 tackle WD, ma11 ag3 OT.

Higgis Haubencenter - Myranor Wanderers 3-1
Higgis Haubencenter - Myranor Wanderers 3-2 in OT.
None knows why Oventa scored that early in the 2nd drive, but well...

Souless Slayers (UD 232 / 215 coached by Mr_Prezident) vs Westwood (WE 217 / 195 coached by Cool-aid)

This is a tough game to call. Both teams are able to buy a star or another player/wiz. So this i were the game will be decided. even with the count, the ud might loose the game vs a well shot lightning bolt or a zombi/Mummy Bruning fireball. With Wiz i go for the Woodies. Without Wiz i go for the UD - so lets assume we will see one Smile

Souless Slayers - Westwood 2-3
Souless Slayers - Westwood 1-3
Count wasnt enough to stop the Woodies

Space Orks (orcs 259 / 219 coached by Jokaero) vs German Boneheads (Humans 234 / 209 coached by JustusDelmar)

the old matchup Humans vs Orcs... well but i guess will be a bit onesided... 6 niggles on the Human team... 3 STups for the orcs once for the Humans, more overall strength, more guard, more bashing power. The only thing speaking for the Humans is their ma10 catcher.

Space Orks -German Boneheads 3-2 in OT
Space Orks - German Boneheads 2-3 in OT
Two catcher scared the orcs... but the humans payed in blood.

Another first try (necros 221 / 188 coached by palandt) vs Ladz (amazones 207 / 182 coached by Wreckage)

both teams didnt play any game since their lost. a Missing blodge, JU WW and a guard Goul for the Necros. A missing guard blitzer for the amazones. so right now its 12 vs 12. But the necros still own 100k, so i guess we will see the count and he will do it.

Another first try - Ladz 2-1
Another first try - Ladz 0-1
A foulwar, obviously the Amazones took some lessons from sneaky goblins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

round 2
1 Amazones, 1 WE, 1 DE, 1 Orc, 1 Human, 1 Chaos, 1 CD

Innocent Felons (CDs 274 / 237 coached by Emphasy) vs Fleetfoot's Revenge I (orcs 285 / 235 coached by Malmir)

CDs have a huge amount of cash and will spend some in this game. I suspect a decent game, with lots of cas.

Innocent Felons - Fleetfoot's Revenge I 2-1
Innocent Felons - Fleetfoot's Revenge I 1-0
just 6 cas: the orcs started with a good drive, removing two CDBs, but a 3 KO Fireball, opened the way for the felons. Hthark catched the ball and removed the chance to score. 2nd half was a slow downwalk to the EZ.

Death's Angels (chaos 270 / 249 coached by WG|Dark_Angel) vs Ultimate Mr Men (DE 312 / 259 coached by PeteW)

Another tough call. The DE got two mng players but didnt suffer anything worse. Wiz + Booter for the DE will give the win. PeteW pomised not to play like a n00b, ill call him for that! Wink

Death's Angels - Ultimate Mr Men 1-2
Death's Angels - Ultimate Mr Men 1-2
as predicted, but insane game, the Elves didnt fail anything important, neither received any damage...

Higgis Haubencenter (WE 270 / 268 coached by TheCount) vs Westwood (WE 218 / 162 coached by Cool-aid)

Strong Woodies vs weak ones...

Higgis Haubencenter - Westwood 2-1
Higgis Haubencenter - Westwood 3-2
3 Ag5 WD, well that was the Highlight of the game

German Boneheads (Humans 229 / 167 coached by JustusDelmar) vs Ladz (amazones 215 / 196 coached by Wreckage)

The Humans had to pay the price... The Amas were able to recover but both teams are still broken. The humans are still able to buy something 85k on the bench, after the performance last game ill bet on them

German Boneheads - Ladz 2-1
German Boneheads - Ladz 1-2
The Boneheads used apo for a niggled player. And were on the receiving end

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

round 3
1 DE, 1 CD, 1 WE, 1 Amazones

Innocent Felons (CDs 270 / 240 coached by Emphasy) vs Ultimate Mr Men (DE 308 / 275 coached by PeteW)

Thats what we call a clash of Titans. PeteW will win.
Innocent Felons - Ultimate Mr Men 1-2 in OT
Innocent Felons - Ultimate Mr Men 1-2
Wiz made it! ]/color]

Higgis Haubencenter (WE 277 / 267 coached by TheCount) vs Ladz (amazones 228 / 211 coached by Wreckage)

Strong woodies vs bashed amazones....
Higgis Haubencenter - Ladz 3-0
[color=green] Higgis Haubencenter - Ladz 4-2
Blitz and some early cas made it easy to score for the Woodies and break the Amazones twice. 2nd half the amas werent able to stop the woodies, but started to bash the woodies. in the end 3/2/2 with a failed apo. this will a tough Final...

Final
1 WE

Ultimate Mr Men (DE 300 / 270 coached by PeteW) vs Higgis Haubencenter (WE 245 / 210 coached by TheCount)

The mostly undamaged DE will win it.

Ultimate Mr Men - Higgis Haubencenter 3-2

Last edited by p4m on %b %16, %2009 - %20:%Feb; edited 20 times in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be amazed if Pete didn't beat Alibaba with 4 handicaps.

Rest of it I probably agree with. Smile

I might even watch some of those... Shocked
Oventa

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

well since nowhere else fitting
thecount and oventa are playing tonight 20:00

and i agree with p4ms predicition Smile
Bytez0r

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

WG|Dark_Angel will hit me 3-0 even without useing the wiz ;(

too much statpacked chaos is too ebil for da poor factory Sad
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job here p4m. I think i just might agree with all of it Smile Though i hope corpse factory can win even if up against a wizard. My own khemri got knocked out the WO by a wizard i hope we dont get to see that again.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, now I gotta win first round:( I hate having pressure on me...
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Bytez0r's and my game will take place sometime on Sunday evening. I will post the exact time (probably around 19-21:00) on Sunday afternoon.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Me v Malmir looks like Saturday at 19 BB time. Waaaaaaaaaagh!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

me vs Alibaba Friday at 9pm bbtime. Might be as early as 8:30pm, but probably closer to 9pm.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh the sweetness. Me bets on PeteW 2-0. But can he do it unscathed? Hard to believe...
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2009 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open Main Draw is Set

Anarchy at the Lottery

Milford Dubblebags: Altdorf Gazette

Well Fumbbl fans what a day! The Warpstone Lottery was held two days ago to much anticipation. The place was packed with the representatives of all the teams in the lottery and a bunch of spectators to watch the events unfold. The room was a buzz and I saw some coaches with all their "lucky" charms and praying for a miracle. The event was kicked off by the grey seer in charge of all Blood Bowl in the Skaven realms giving us a speech that no one one hand had any clue what he was saying, looking back on it we should have realized something was up!

The first lottery winner was picked and it was the Extraordinary Brotherhood and then the Innocent Felons and then the Ultimate Mr. men as the first teams were picked they were all the qulaifier winners, the room started to buzz at this. That was when I knew something was up. Only 9 of the qulaifier finalist were drawn and then teams that were bumped started to get named. Once that started the place went into anarchy. For over 3 hours coaches were screaming and crying. Punches were thrown and a few fouls were commited. The place broke down into one massive melle of outrage. Immediatly the Fumbbl forums were filled with fire and brimstone, the sides were taken, the personeal attacks commenced. A 100% forum fire storm was started and the server needed extra protection from the level of verbal violence that broke out. The Founder, Lord Christer, had to call in the services of the College of Magic to put protective spells on the server to ward off the violent tempest of verbal assaults. It was touch and go as Lord Christer watched the core temp. of the servers climb by the minute. A Dwarf engineer was hired to help out and he steped in and put extra runes on the servers mother board, Lord Chirster did not like that one bit, but desperate times call for desperate measures. In the end the Server some how survived the initial onslaught but its still a little touchey as spikes of pure rage still rampage the server.

Back at the scene of the Lottery the room was cleared out as Purple Chest attempted to restore calm in the room. It took 4 hours to finally restore order and a detachment of storm vermin were called in to disperse the crowd and end the viloence. The Lottery room was strewn with corpses and the wounded. In the end there were 278 BH's 142 SI-MNG 118 SI-Niggles and 78 Kills. Two of the kills cannot be confirmed at the moment because they seem to be regening in the morgue.

Purple Chest and the Fumbbl commitee retired into the back room with the Grey Seer and the Warpstone Open competition commitee. After 2 hours of heated discussion, three of Purple Chests advisors were killed in an argument and the Grey Seer sent them to the after life, Purple Chest took the podium. After 15 minutes of apologies the descision was made that the draw would stand and the tournament would continue with no more discussions. Well that started another round of Violence and general anarchy. Once again the wholle thing started up again. As I write this there is still some level of violence going on but it has been contained to the surface as the various factions are still battling it out. One report that I have heard was that 8 teams were battling it out and a sensiable dwarf stoped the action for 5 minutes and thought they should have their own Warpstone Open Main draw on the surface and settle it like "true" Blood Bowlers". The various sides thought about it for 2 minutes and then he was decapitated by a frenzy Norse Blitzer and the fight was back on.

Yesterday I received the full story about the lottery and here are the highlights of that press confrence. The confusion started when it turned out that Purple Chest actually was not in charge of the Lottery, the Skaven Warpstone Open Competition commitee was. Well Purple Chest did not realize, or did not read the numerous PM's leading up to the Open, that in the Skaven Tradition the lottery was to be done. Which means the Lottery traditonally has the winners names for the qualifiers drawn first, a honor that is bestowed on them. THEN the luckers would be drawn. Well in every other corner of the old world this formality is never given and has never been done. So a misunderstanding of culture was at the core of the meltdown.

PurpleChest once again offered apologies and humbly took the blame, some people claim he is taking the blame for politcal reasons. There were rumors that the Skaven council over Blood Bowl would withdraw from Fumbbl if he did not fall on the sword and take full blame for his actions in this CF.

Well I have to say this was a lot more fun that the traditional lottery and man was there some serious action in the post draw brawl. I spotted a few journeymen that could seriously beef up any teams DP slots. Need to keep an eye out for some of those fellows.

Well the Main Draw is set so here are the picks.

(Iam hard pressed for time so I will just give you guys the low down right now and come back at a later date and flesh it out, which is the traditonal way of doing the picks, dont want to break any cultural norms on the forums)

Innoncent Felons OVER the Enanitos Malitos II

Fleet Foot Revenge OVER Teef Rippas

Corpse Factory OVER Deaths Angels

Ultimate Mr. Men OVER Extraordinary Brotherhood

Soulless Slayers OVER Westwood

Space Orks OVER German Boneheads (editors note: this should be the Blood Sea Buccaneers but....OH WELL>>>ARRGGGGG

ANother First Try OVER Ladz Upset special, kinda of.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2009 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ladz will face palandt's another first try on sunday 3pm bloodbowl time..
JustusDelmar

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2009 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

German Boneheads (JustusDelmar) v. Space Orks (Jokaero) - Sunday 8:00 PM Fumbbl Time
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2009 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Corpse Factory vs Death's Angels will take place at 9 PM / 21:00 Fumbbl Time today (Sunday).
Prez

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2009 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Soulless Slayers v Westwood Tonight (Sunday evening) or Monday evening