82 coaches online • Server time: 21:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you either have to roll a 4+ to move him (and standing up is part of that) or you have to roll a 2+ to stand him up as part of a blitz action. So going down isnt a big problem unless you need your blitz action for something else next turn (or need the extra move or soemthing).

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Agamon

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Yeah, I'm definitely going to pick up the apoth; but what FF would you recommend? I'd hate to jack up my TV needlessly.

0 FF is what most poeple start with in the league I'm in. It's not worth wasting starting money or TV on, let it build with wins.
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't 1 a minimum for FF?
Agamon

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope.

LRB 5 wrote:
All teams start with a Fan Factor of 0. When you create your team, you may purchase up to 9 additional Fan Factor for 10,000 gold pieces each.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2008 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, and high FF doesn't directly translate into more winnings in LRB5, nor does it help w/ get the ref, so it's actually fine to start with 0.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2008 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Buy a minotaur and give him 4 MVPs... those go on claw and piling on Twisted Evil If you get any doubles for him then take block but otherwise just do as many 3D blitzes as possible and use the piling on to re-roll any stunned results (generally you shouldnt bother re-rolling armour or injuries that take the player off the pitch). A minotaur is quite a powerful piece early on anyway but a minotaur that starts with ever damage amplifier should give people a real shock.

So unlike the LRB4 client you can choose to use piling on after you roll for armour? You don't have to declare it pre block?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2008 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The LRB4 client has auto usage on some optional skill. Piling on is among them. It is assumed that if you click the skill you will want to activate it every time armour is not broken.

The same principle applies for Stanf Firm for instance.

As for the mino deabte: Since LRB5 has no IGMEOY rule anymore piling on for an expensive player is a very useless skill.

There is nothing to stop an opponent from putting the boot into your mino once he's prone.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2008 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Clarkin: in LRB4 you can only use it to re-roll armour but in LRB5 you can use it to re-roll injury too, which is great Very Happy

Cloggy wrote:
The LRB4 client has auto usage on some optional skill. Piling on is among them. It is assumed that if you click the skill you will want to activate it every time armour is not broken.

The same principle applies for Stanf Firm for instance.

As for the mino deabte: Since LRB5 has no IGMEOY rule anymore piling on for an expensive player is a very useless skill.

There is nothing to stop an opponent from putting the boot into your mino once he's prone.

Piling on very clearly isnt auto-usage, you have to click the skill first but if you've done that then why on earth would you change your mind between making the block and rolling for armour? The only possible case I can think of is a frenzied player where you might want to pile on only in one position but not the other but thats a vanishingly small amount of inconvenience.

Piling On is great... the idea is the team stops you booting my most valuable player into piece.s If he is vulnerable enough for a serious gangfoul to be a threat then he is probably vulnerable enough for you to gather assists and blitz him down before gangfouling him too.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2008 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Really, when you compare fouling between LRB4 and LRB5, I find LRB5 more harsh on the fouler.

In LRB4 the chances of being sent off without the eye is 14% (1/6*5/6) without the eye. With the eye the chance is 42% (3/6*5/6).

In LRB5 the chances of being sent off on a foul which passes armor (ie. most gangfouling situations) is 31% (1-5/6*5/6).

The difference between 42% and 31% is not too wide, and the 31% stays the same no matter if the other
guy fouls or not. Plus DP is worse.

But this is off the topic, you can of course opt not to use Piling On if that would leave you in the middle of a murderous bunch of Sneaky Git Dirty Players. Piling on+MB is almost as good as causing cases gets in LRB5. And only use Piling On when you pass armor or when blocking a halfling.
Emrys

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2008 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Elvis_Maximus wrote:
Maxing FF (or close to) so that I don't get crippled in cash

Unless your league's got house rules, FF in LRB5 doesn't have much of an effect on your cash - nothing like LRB4, at least. Your starting cash might be better spent elsewhere.

The league at my club has a house rule that all teams must start with no fan factor at all and the only way to increase it is to win games!

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2008 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Emrys wrote:
Unless your league's got house rules, FF in LRB5 doesn't have much of an effect on your cash - nothing like LRB4, at least. Your starting cash might be better spent elsewhere.

The league at my club has a house rule that all teams must start with no fan factor at all and the only way to increase it is to win games!

Man, apparently I didn't read the differences quite closely enough.

Interesting, it definitely seems like fouling is a lot more harshly treated in LRB5 than 4, I was wondering where the Eye rule went.

I think after a couple games I'll be picking up a minotaur and getting him piling on for his first skill. I think I'm going to go with a 4th chaos warrior and try to get a few CASes/touchdowns under my belt to start my team off with a bang.

Plus, I've only got about 110k left over after the CW, so it shouldn't take long to get the money to pick the minotaur up.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2008 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Elvis_Maximus wrote:
Man, apparently I didn't read the differences quite closely enough.

When I started off with LRB5 I first had a rulebook which had the changes to LRB4 shown in red. Didn't help my much as I hadn't played LRB4, but it would most certainly be helpful to you.

Tried searching for it, but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else knows where it might be found.
veron

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2008 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thread moved to Off-Topic ยป Real Life Blood Bowl.
tragedy4you

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2008 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw + Mighty Blow + Piling On = 33% Casualty i think
Piling on has become much stronger in LRB5 since you can reroll Armor AND Injury Rolls
xcver

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2008 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Koigokoro wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Buy a minotaur and give him 4 MVPs... those go on claw and piling on Twisted Evil If you get any doubles for him then take block but otherwise just do as many 3D blitzes as possible and use the piling on to re-roll any stunned results (generally you shouldnt bother re-rolling armour or injuries that take the player off the pitch). A minotaur is quite a powerful piece early on anyway but a minotaur that starts with ever damage amplifier should give people a real shock.

I'd use the remaining mvps to skillup chaos warriors - aim for block/guard on all of them but I'd probably want to get block first.

If you don't get doubles block, take juggernaut for mino blitzing Smile

First non-doubles mino skill for Chaos in LRB5 should always be Mighty Blow!!!