41 coaches online • Server time: 16:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
As one of the coaches affected by this I can only say that it is always and singularly the responsibility of the coaches themselves to read the rules.

I just wanted to highlight this - a lot of people would throw a hissy fit about it, but level headed posts like this really shows how great the fumbbl community is. Sounds cheesy, probably is cheesy, but hats off, I'm once more impressed at all the cool individuals here that make up fumbbl.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
As one of the coaches affected by this I can only say that it is always and singularly the responsibility of the coaches themselves to read the rules.

I just wanted to highlight this - a lot of people would throw a hissy fit about it, but level headed posts like this really shows how great the fumbbl community is. Sounds cheesy, probably is cheesy, but hats off, I'm once more impressed at all the cool individuals here that make up fumbbl.

Optihut and Cloggy sitting in a tree...

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So whats the out come, does the draw stand? can folks start playing games?
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Pure-Strength wrote:
So whats the out come, does the draw stand? can folks start playing games?

Yes. Purplechest has communicated to the finalists to get going!

I will let you all know when Alibaba and I are playing so you can watch the cute little Mr Men guys get splatterated all over the place. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Game on then, look forward to watching.

Everyone loves scandal, I'm just waiting for the Drug use and cheerleader sex dens to make head lines.
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, the easy solution is have a play in game. The morons vs the luckers. Winner gets the s[pot, the loser gets to blog aout the unfairness of it all and lament for the days of Angie.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Please restart the tourny with the teams that qualified in. obviously with this many teams missing the tourny will not be as good if you dont!!!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Please restart the qualifiers. Maybe this time I don't get to play Emphasy...
Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Please restart the qualifiers so I remember to submit a team.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting to see so much people are in favor of restarting the tourney to include the teams that didn't apply.

I think it was made clear enough that coaches need to apply to the main group if they want to be in the main tourney and it is just too bad that a couple of coaches missed that for whatever reason. For consistency* of the ranked tourneys and ranked tourney staff I think the right decision was made here and there is no reason to make any changes to it.

On the other hand there are some lessons that can be learned from this for both tourney staff and participating coaches. It is obvious a news post hasn't been the best way to communicate the information to the coaches. But the coaches are responsible to be informed about the tourneys they are participating in too.

Rijssiej

* With consistency I mean tell the community what is going to happen and act like it. As an example of non-consistency in the ranked tourney scence I can point to the WO last year where the format of the qualifiers was changed at the last second (big teams grouped together) making the tourney different from what the coaches originally applied to.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Please restart the qualifiers and give my Khemri the following opposing races: Norse, Vampire, Goblins and Amazons in this order.
Pure-Strength

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I agreed, a total restart is needed, so i can play.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I posted news instead of replying, to aid wider dissemination

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2009 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Optihut wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Optihut and Cloggy sitting in a tree...

/me headbutts PeteW

There Wink