39 coaches online • Server time: 20:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn you Evo, I already had half of those quotes ready to post too.

The Finishing Touch
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are fine now that PO has been nerfed and they make you start with more ogres so you won't have more than one reroll. Not to mention how much pro as a trait is going to affect them.

The Finishing Touch
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall wrote:
plus with ogres, you would have to have a goblin commander, and he might not ever ever ever have to take the field
and that is silly
once you get a few more ogres that is

that is... if he managed to make it. I doubt that the gobbo in question would survive many matches... those RSC freaks would surely hunt him right away.
Zuul

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be submitting a team for the glory of all Nuffle and the New Zealand way! Very Happy
Go my mighty SAS troops, the best elite force in the world!
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i guess then i wont make my snottling pump wagon the commander. Hmm now ive got to decide whether it should be a snottling with or without a poisoned dagger...

Suggestion: This league will go for a long time unless there is a reasonable chance of taking out an enemy commander, and with a team like snottlings, I can field 16 players every match. This will mean I can have my commander on the bench most of the time?

Why not make a rule that the commander MUST always be put on the pitch unless he is misssing due to injury, regardless of whether you will have reserves or not? After all, what "brave" Commander, be they dwarf, goblin or snotling, would sit the match on the sideline!!!

Also, since once a commander is BH or SI he is effectively out of a game (or two), why not have points for injuring an enemy Commander during a game as well as just killing them?

Just my thoughts.

Oscar Wilde
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Well i guess then i wont make my snottling pump wagon the commander. Hmm now ive got to decide whether it should be a snottling with or without a poisoned dagger...

Well, you can't kill an ejected player now can you? Wink

The Finishing Touch
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would add another rule:
If the commander is ejected from the game, the game has to be conceded.
Otherwise I will just foul with my commander the whole time in order to get ejected and won´t have to field him again.

And perhaps something like: If the commander niggles out, he has to be apo´ed. This way he will always be in the game and a niggling commander has a serious nega-effect.

At last a question:
Will it be possible, to sack your commander and replace him by a new player?
Flynn

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i will take into consideration the new rules (commander must be fielded, commander cnat foul out, commander cant niggle out, commander can be replaced with new player)
i have already removed a auto concession rule however so that one is unlikely to be solved that way
as far as the commander must be fielded if able, that one will likely be changed
commander cant niggle out will only be implemented if the commander can be replaced, and id like some more feedback on this one
as far as a commander getting ejected from the game i will think about this one and offer some solutions for voting

Goodbye Cusi
Flynn

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

okay
i have a couple solutions
as far as commander cannon get kicked out of the game
the scoring will be changed
please check the group info for all official changes

Goodbye Cusi
Flynn

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

with the new changes, a commander who doesnt finish a game or who cant play in a game because of missing it or niggling is a serious handicap on points
both for the winner and the loser
and a commander fouling out of a game is very bad
the commander must take the field is likely to be implemented soon unless i hear very strong rejection, and if that happens i am okay with players asking to change their commander to a different player
and i will also probably let stunty teams pick a different team

Goodbye Cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So, you're telling me that the commander cannot foul? Isn't that kinda his point? Lead by example? That's horse carp. And besides, the fact is, that if a commander gets injured or booted, the others will be spurred by revenge to hurt the enemy. So, I think we should change the fact that if the commander is ejected, the team has to concede...

Z [AloneAndBurned]
Flynn

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i never said the team has to concede if the commander is ejected
and no, the commanders purpose is not to go fouling people all the time

Goodbye Cusi
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The point differential isn't really a big deal. The main scoring comes from removing opposing commanders. A team should have to concede if unable to field thier commander.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm
i have discussed this with a few people
and it seems like there is a large faction that want the rules to be stricter regarding commanders being removed from the game
seeing as this tournament is all about removing commanders from the game and not at all about the ball
so i think i will update the scoring and rules
please everyone check the new rules, and if anyone wants to change commanders or races this will be dealt with on a case by case basis with me
im going to appoint a couple assistant monkeys for when im not around, updates on that tomorrow

Goodbye Cusi
Flynn

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The Rules Have Hopefully Been Finalized, and everyone should reread them for changes they havent noticed yet.

Thank you for your patience, and may the best country win (cough) US (cough)

Goodbye Cusi
 Jump to: