42 coaches online • Server time: 00:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

thrall you said at the start of this that you would welcome suggestions . well after playing a couple of weeks those of us that are there everyday see the things that we think would improve the war. and as we have brought them to you. all you can say it tuff this is the way it is going to be rather you like it or not. well i am sorry but i dont like it so i am out

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care for any bans of whatsoever "unfair" players/teams/wizzards but i care about ppl declining even matchups.
its ridiculous to chicken out of a game with a team rating + str difference < 5.
diplomacy would give the war an interesting touch but i think it would cut down the number of games played.
so all i pleed for is a system to sanction whiners out and have a good time on the field.
...after all its a game (more or less maybe) dependend on luck with a mercyless tournament system. so learn to loose if nuffl lets you feel he's in a bad mood.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. diplomacy would INCREASE the number of games, because there would be sheduled games AND the normal challenge
Csonti

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I simply can't blame anyone who doesn't want to play vs a 20-30-40 points stronger opponent. The game is for fun, and nothing fun is in a onesideed butchering. My team is now about 125-130 points strong and I simply don't challange fresh teams because it wouldn't be any fun.
I think the bigger problem is the inactivity. There are a lots of coaches in the league who hasn't even played a single match. If everybody would play matches regularly then it would not be so hard to find an appropriate opponent.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I believe the issue is a complete lack of coordination. I would love something like this, but like people said, there is no diplomacy, and practically no thematic side to this group. I love the idea, and personally, would enjoy it a lot more, if the aforementioned stuff was present. So, sadly, I shall retire from this sad tourney.

Z
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, that was me.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

hang in there guys i am working on a war right now with some rule improvments. right now circular, zwobot. and myself are working out the details. and anyone else interested with any ideas can pm me with your thoughts. now dont get me wrong thrall had a good idea but i think more needed to be put into place to make it much more interesting.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

animal
i said at the begining
before the war started
that i would listen to suggestions
then i worked out the rules with all the suggestions i got ofr the next 2 weeks before the war started
i dont feel theres been a proper test of the rules i set up in just 9 days and its very disspointing to me that you guys are getting on my case like this and going off and fixing things yourself
that to me is rather rude and stupid
some people are playing lots of games
some people arent playing any
thats the real problem
and all i really hope is that you guys have the same kind of troubles that i did when i tried this
so you see what i mean when i say im not changing the rules 9 days into the thing
i wanted atleast a month of testing of the current rules first
thats why i said things would be changed for the next war

Goodbye Cusi
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

well first off i nver once got on your case. i had asked several times about getting some kinds info on how things were going. with no responces from you at all. i know you said your comp was down yet i saw in in fumbblwar chat alot. i even sent you pms with no responce so what am i susposed to do? if you will noticed the ones who were asking about rule changes are the very onces who had played several games. and saw some of the things that they thought needed changed and it didnt take a month of playing to see them. and of course there are always going to players who join and dont play. that is to be expected. but then i think those coaches should also be dealt with. i understand that this was your idea. and imo it is a very good one. as i have also said. i was in no way trying to be rude. i was trying to take some gumption to get this thing going. but i had gotten no responces from you at all. and if you are going to stup to name calling for trying to make your idea better. then i am glad i got out when i did. and as you can see others are as well. but anyway i am not going to get into a pissing contest with you about it. i am sorry you feel the way you do. i was in no way trying to undermine what you had started.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Look Thrall The war was an awesome idea and hats off to you for organising it.

But I am not going to be playing till there is a weekly schedule. Cause I can't play a thousand games a week. Because I can't, my team sucks and I opted out. Unless they implement the Handicap rules in Fumbbl then I'd say we would need a war with a weekly schedule.

BTW if anyone is reading this.....WE WANT A HANDICAP.
Csonti

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This is actually a very week complaint, grey ghost.
After 10 days or so, more than half of the coaches hasn't even played a single match (including u). So if u really wanted to play a game u could find an appropriate opponent. Not to mention that some of the teams who played 1-2 matches are not that stronger than a fresh one (conceding a match doesn't yield too much benefits).
As Thrall mentioned, the real problem is that there are few battles, we absolutely don't need diplomacy, mercenaries and more complicated stuff. There is no point to force players to fight vs much stronger opponents. That will surely kill the league. WE JUST SIMPLY NEED TO PLAY GAMES!
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

first of all
i answered all the pms i got that i could
i only didnt answer one pm
i dont remember from who
and i didnt answer it because it didnt make sense to me
and lots of times when im on chat im not here
i leave my computer and my irc on to get messages
and i have gotten a couple messages that way
but i only respond to those if the people are still online when i get back
and im not calling you stupid
im saying its stupid to change things when they arent properly tested
i have now heard from 4 people that they want these new rules
after only 10 days of playing
whats stupid is that you feel that thats enough time and thats enough people to warrant change

Goodbye Cusi
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What still counts:
The rules are now written in stone and will never ever change for the next 3 month.
That´s stubborn and not appropriate for a first try of such a system. If you need 3 month testtime for every rule-change, that might seem to be OK, then you will take years of fixing, just to find, that the last rules-review screwed it up again. And what really pissed me off was you comment in the chat:
Don´t even write your opinion to the rules-proposals as it won´t change anything.
stark

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

Please I don't think anyone is trying to have a go, everyone knows thrall has put in a lot of time and donkeywork getting this up and running, andthe core idea is a great one.

Yes there are issues (as with anything new), but lets try and work them out, I love the idea of the war (although I haven't played yet as my first game got interupted and he hasnt been back on since)

Uncle Stark
Sionis

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Less talk and more 'ead bashin'
 Jump to: