52 coaches online • Server time: 17:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neverborn

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a forum thread where we post the results of the games and comments on matches would be fun.

Nice way to get the feeling that there is stuff going on and keep a thread about SWL in the top three most of the time.

Just an idea! So post your results and a comment in here if you think its a good one.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Top idea, Bornsey. It'll certainly make it easier than wading through the multiple and masive forum threads we've got at the moment. Keep the match reports and comments in the one place. Goodo.

What the hey, let's get the ball rolling on a sour note...

Voltron United defeat Sithi 3-0
walkover...

Slumbering Skink defeat Rough Riders 3-0
walkover...

Mordheim Warriors defeat Bubonic Horde 3-0
walkover...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Frill Necks defeat Exiled House 3-0
walkover...

Meanwhile, in the Premier... Carlton United and the Zen Adepts are ready for their Round 13 clash, both clubs sitting pretty at the top of the ladder.
Loving nothing better than a bit of drama, Twahn and Flo have decided to wait for their peers to catch up with them (if they can manage it!) before embarking on this, their last match of the season. May as well see what exactly it is that they're playing for...

vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh they can manage it. They can manage it once Twahn admits that Platypus has died a foul death in germany and clears the Gentlemen for round 12. Smile
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Vigil mate, I've already given you the go ahead to play Warlizards for your Round 11 match. How 'bout you get that one out of the way first, eh, before you start dreaming of Round 12? Speaking of dreaming... Razz

PLATYPUS should be back on the 6th.

cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

that's not really fair as far as the schedule goes... in terms of games played etc

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

...and the gang takes it to 5 from 5 with a 2-0 win over Davosaurus.

A good game that was close for a while, but a turn over from Davo followed by a bunch of stuns, and a quick TD in the second half gave the Fraudsters a big lead.

The gang stays top of the div with 2 games to go!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
that's not really fair as far as the schedule goes... in terms of games played etc

It could be fairer, but vigil, PLAT, and Warblade are the only ones affected by it and if they're okay with it, it's better to allow the league to keep on rolling on. It isn't a big deal, I don't think, considering the inequality that already exists with byes and Crispie games...

Another nice win, Bornsey. We'll have to humble those Chaingang chumps once they reach the Premier next season (as they're definately looking at doing).
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, forfeited games aren't exactly fair either cataphract, I mean I go into a match against the top team in my group down a game and with my best skink still missing (after he should have been cleared last game). But what else can you do about it?
neverborn

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Creepers are still in the equation - and bring it zon are also a very good team. I've got a game vs covert next and then creepers, both pretty good players, so i'm not counting my chickens just yet. I would prefer to be 5-0 than 0-5 tho =)

ALso pretty pleased with my skill progression though, 10 skills in 5 games is pretty good, but i've been lucky with the spread of MVPs as well obviously.

In other news, i finally found a new logo for the gang - the search continues for a perfect one though.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of fair... fair shmair!

Tell you what, in my day, we'd front up to a match with only 8 players and find ourselves up against it with a vicious horde of undead types bearing down upon us. With little hope of victory and a good chance that our team would never live to play another game of Bowl unless maybe as new recruits for our opponents, would we cry 'unfair!'?

No sir.

We'd just reach for our courage, strap on our boots, and get about kicking some zombie arse!

Let's all take this chance to relive this classic moment in Carlton United's glory filled history... Very Happy

Ahhh the memories...
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Slumbering Skink stopped the winning run of Southern Scumbags in the southwest regional divions, the match ending in a 1-1 draw, despite only 9 lizards being brave enough to take the field and some abysmal rolls. The krox knocked out 4 orcs but just couldn't finish the job while 1 saurus killed himself trying to take down an orc on a two dice for (apothecary was successful thankfully), and a skink was given a niggling injury towards the end of the match. No KOs or BH though...

Only taking 8 spp from the game though and with just 4 skills (3 between two skinks) after 5 rounds of the competition, these lizards are naturally concerned about the rest of the season and simply hope to survive right now.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdey Sports Fans!!

Another Monday morning sees a host of matches having been 'resolved'. Let's catch up on the 'action' in the Premier...

League of Exhumed Gentlemen defeat Maniac Mammalians 3-0
walkover...

And in the Regionals...

Creepers defeat Prince Reagents 3-0
walkover...

Bring it Zon defeat Sithi 3-0
walkover...

Foofighters defeat Rough Riders 3-0
walkover...

Comedy Channelers defeat Bubonic Horde 3-0
walkover...

Another exciting week of bonecrunching action in the Southern Waste League!! Sad

Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkfall Sinners defeat Royal Guard 3-0
walkover...

Iolo has decided to leave the League, having realised that his Elves are unable to meet their weekly commitment. Thanks for playing this far and thanks especially for letting me know that you want out.

vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

League of Exhumed Gentlemen defeat Warlizards 3-0

An exciting game but some crucial failed pickups really hurt Michael_Warblade, while an insane pass only helped the league. A good game nonetheless.
 Jump to: