19 coaches online • Server time: 02:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Or we can bump it...

Z
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=186471

Draw between the Speedy Return and the HMCS Ville De Québec. But the quebekers did extremely well, and their blood thirst pushed them into killing the opponent's team captain, John Bowen.

The Quebekers will continue with more aggressivity with their own leader, Captain Moreau, who has learned the Mighty Blow skill to defend himself!!!

Les Québécois vous attendent de pied ferme!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nautilus Going Down thrashed the Imperial Armada again, this time only destroying the secondary command ship, or rather, the First Mate. He will sorely be missed, as he sacrificed himself to keep the fleet afloat. To infinity and beyond!

Z
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

BIG ASS ELIMINATION!

The Imperial Armada had their revenge for the loss of their First Mate.
This game was Brutal, with Dominator starting right off with a casualty in the first turn. The Boars front line crumbled under the heavy assault, and they managed to salvage something, by destroying the Chimaera, going under the boot of Ragnar Yellow. The next turn, Dominator, again, lowered his head, and charged into First Mate Boot, annihilating him under his relentless assault. Poor Boot got carried off to the ICU, his back severely damaged.

The Boars tried to rush Captain Devastator, who had strict orders to stay back. Taking advantage yet again, Dominator leaped at his new target, Captain Shoe, and knocked him down, momentarily stunning him. Taking advantage of this lapse, the Visage stomped cruelly on his back, sending him to the ICU to join his First Mate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow... this was a total rape. 3 SI caused in 3 turns, 2 by blocks, 1 by a foul. He had left his leaders a little vulnerable, and I was able to exploit it. The game lasted ONLY 3 turns. Or rather, it was over by the time my 3rd turn was over [I received]. Since my team was slightly smaller, receiving was to my advantage, as seen.

12 Minutes... fastest game I have played ever...

Z

Last edited by AlcingRagaholic on %b %07, %2003 - %23:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain Shoe of the SS Grunting Boar felt very confident for this match. After all he still had 12 men left (counting himself) and the armada only nine. He was even more pleased with the shiny new spiky boots he had bought for Ragnar the yellow.

But alas he couldn't have been more wrong. The armadas' first block resulted in a serious injury for poor Ragnar Green. Captain Shoe answered this mocking with ordering Ragnar the yellow into battle and couldn't be more happy when he succeded in kicking the blitzers head square off.

The next turn the Grunting boars got a serious setback when the armada once again started the turn with a serious injury, this time it was no other than FIRST MATE BOOT that fell for the fury of a berserk with the mightiest of blows.

Things was starting to look good though. Ragnar the yellow was leading a berserker and mate into a push forward against the almost alone captain down into his corner, soon he would feel the mighty boot of Ragnar as there was no escape and just one mate to help him with the rest of the team was in a pitched battle 50 yards away. As this happened the rest of the team tried desperatly to knock down their opponents but couldn't find it in their powers to do more then push their wily opponents around. Captain Shoe went mad of range when the giant of a man called Greasy Beard caught freight of his teammates clumsiness and decided to duck low instead of blitzing as his captain had ordered.

Infuriated the captain decided to go into action himself even though just to assist a fellow berserk. The result of this attack was just more pushes though and now the captain could feel he was in trouble.

And just as he feared he was immedietly set upon by the berserkers. Shoe was a little relived that he at first was just pushed but the madman that had jsut hit him just kept comming so it mattered little. After getting knocked down it was a matter of seconds before it was light out when a smelly feet hit him in the groin.

The Grunting boars conceded the game and carried their injured leaders away in shame.

Kind of a shame that he got that lone pushback with his blitzer else he would have had 100% luck!!!

Damn I was sure to win just until my captain was smacked down. I'd say this game game was defintly in spirit with the Norsca challenge Wink

The whole game was over in 2½ turns!!!

Imperial Armada - SS Grunting Boars: 0-0 Grunting boars out of the tournament.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a do-or-die situation for me... that DP was coming in fast, and I had very little room left to run. Was hoping to get a few more completions, though. However, when he moved the captain in for an assist, I knew this was my last chance. One of his blitzes went awry, and I managed to stop a further pushback of my player [2db against him].

Hell, just watch the replay. Its hardly that long... 12 minutes at real time, probly 4 mins in replay mode...

Z
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

HMS Revolutions vs RMS Titanic's maiden voyage, didn't end that tragically for the titanic as you would think. The game itself ended in a tie (1-1), but Walter D. Douglas and one of the most joyful postal clerks you're ever going to find on a sinking ship, had a run in with a couple of ice bergs. It was pretty soon clear that the game would take the gruelling 16 turns each, after the Titanics captain cowardly faked an injury, and was sitting in the injured box for the rest of the game. As did my oppo's first mate also (the first foul of the game).
McCloud

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

HMS Revolutions vs RMS Titanic's Maiden Voyage met up on a lone ice berg to play a grueling match of Blood Bowl today.
My 1st mate was soon Badly Hurt, so he was safe for this game. A while later I used a re-roll to put his Captain in the Badly Hurt box.
It was a bashy game for the most part, I managed to kill 2 of his postal clerks, so he will have less reserves come next game.
I had a lot of fun in this game and came away with 4 skills, one of which was for my Captain Neo, who learned Mighty Blow.
Morpheus learned Guard to help out his fellow team mates. I also got enough money to buy my 5th re-roll.
Thanks for the game Odi.
Score was 1-1

McCloud

Last edited by McCloud on %b %07, %2003 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
McCloud

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The HMS Revolutions continued their journey today and ran into The Black Pig crew. I thought it would be an easy win seeing as their was no longer a Captain in their crew.
I managed to only Badly Hurt his 1st mate though. After he SI'd my Captain, I started to get worried.
He continually managed to KO my 1st mate, but I was lucky enough to survive this match.
Unfortunately for Tha Black Pig crew, I killed 3 players, so he is very depleted crew wise. 2 of the deaths were blitzers.
That darn Mino was very annoying at times though.
May luck be with you Black Pig crew in the future.
Score was 0-0

McCloud
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sniff might i say that Cap'n Parker valliantly managed to survive for 4 turns of fouling?
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

good work children. now kill more.. tag any new eliminations posts with a BIG ASS ELIMINATIONS heading please.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

BIG ASS ELIMINATION:

Dragonship Flamealot vs Imperial Armada.

Alas, the Armada finally met its match at the hands of Captain Arthur and his crew.

Apparently, the team was overconfident from the last game, and slacked off, not realizing that the capn was in trouble. Kindling Kay came barging around the side, and knocked the bajeezus out of the Devastator.

The Imperial Armada floated off, their command shattered. Back for repairs...
========================================================

As you reap, so shall you sow, eh? That was a turn around. Maybe I should have challenged someone with as many players as my team, but hubris always gets you in the end.

Another fast game, however this one not in my favor... Now I know how my last opponent felt...

Z
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

We are saddened by what has happened, but we must inform you all that RMS Titanic's decoraded and famous first mate Jack Philips has passed away. The ship was sailing at full speed a little off Greenlands coast, when it was boarded by Speedy Return. At some point, when our sailors were cleaning up the ship from our ships would be new owners. Jack went to help the crew and assisted in a few blocks. Then out of no where comes a norse blitzer, and manages to push Jack down the stairs. The block itself wasn't that bad, but once Jack got up, he realized he had been shoved down the stairs to the 3rd class passangers quarters. After that it was all over for him, you can't really expect the first mate to travel in the 3rd class, with out the poor passangers ganging up on him, can you?

Another postal clerk was also RIPped to shreks by Speedy, so now we are down to 3 postal clerks, we would really need some more but what can you do. Maybe we'll just shut down the telegram or something. After all, we really don't need to send a distress signal anyway, even if we were to hit an ice berg. The ship is unsinkable, so why worry?

I must really look into this injury roll thingy, so far the titanic has received 6 injuries, out of which 4 have been rips! And 2 BH's. Well, our captain is still going strong, so we have no fear about him not being able to steer the ship to more friendly waters.

Well, it was fun. And we'll keep going full steam ahead.
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

BIG ASS ELIMINATION

Just before midnight, the cold waters of the North Atlantic were parted by the magnificent new luxury liner SS Titanic. Suddenly, a scraping sound, a jarring sensation, and the mighty liner begins to sink. Within hours, it has plummeted into the depths of the ocean with the loss of 1,595 of her 2,340 passengers, first mate and their captain.
Not only was this the maiden voyage of a great ship, it was the social event of the decade as well. The cream of society of two continents was aboard. They perished along with sailers, women, children, and impoverished steerage passengers. Full speed ahead had meant death and devastation.

With this one horrible event, man's faith in his ability to harness technology to beat the element of nature, came crumbling down. No longer would captains plow through the night at full speed in iceberg-filled waters. No longer would we believe we could conquer the unconquerable.

So, the Titanic is out, but I will surely join the next last man standing tournament too, it was fun. I'm still worried about the RND generator though, casualties caused against me were (4/1/6)... Maybe I should bump up one of those generator threads =p

edited: Alibaba insisted on the topic
Clementus

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on peeps, I thought i had it going a bit faster than this, hehe.

Keep it up, and the winners might get a chance of going up against the VERY Infamous Jolly Rogers Crew.

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: