58 coaches online • Server time: 18:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Franz

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I refuse to play (and he is actualllly in my Do Not Play With Him List) against a user (I'll not mention his name) that challenged my 195/208 Woodie Team with a 198/203 High Elves one and join the game with an about 300/300 Chaos one. Luckily we had two different patch (he didn't have the latest) and so we couldn't play ^_^
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Franz wrote:
I refuse to play (and he is actualllly in my Do Not Play With Him List) against a user (I'll not mention his name) that challenged my 195/208 Woodie Team with a 198/203 High Elves one and join the game with an about 300/300 Chaos one. Luckily we had two different patch (he didn't have the latest) and so we couldn't play ^_^

Seems to me if a coach agrees to play you with one team and shows up with another you have a perfectally valid reason to abandon the game.

OTOH, he may have just selected the wrong team from his team list. I've done that once or twice - you just start up again with the right team...
Barash

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolter wrote:
OMG ive been turned down soo many times becourse i was a EMU member.....

top that Wink

Topping that is not too hard.....
Stand Firm (my Dwarf team) has been turned down soo many times becourse they won EMU I.
Beat that! Wink

Maybe I sould not ask
Barash wrote:
Proud EMU member is looking for a Elf team for a match

in chat?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

dunno what u guys call decent ff but my mate had a guy turn down a match against him claiming his ff was too low and that his opponent didnt want handicaps against him

this was an offer of a 140/110 gobbo team to a 144/141 elf team!

when tr was cited as h'cap factor he stressed the ff issue "ff not high enough" my mates ff wasn't great but it wasnt exactly poor at 11

despite this being stressed, the potential "opponent" (i use that term loosely) failed to resume chat and reposted his teams

Last edited by Golgomoth on %b %06, %2004 - %23:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

11 FF isn't high enough? I'm pretty damn lucky if I can get MINE to that level... This is with TR 160-something teams, too.

Jacob

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Golgomoth wrote:
dunno what u guys call decent ff but my mate had a guy turn down a match against him claiming his ff was too low and that his opponent didnt want handicaps against him

this was an offer of a 140/110 gobbo team to a 144/141 elf team!

when tr was cited as h'cap factor he stressed the ff issue "ff not high enough" my mates ff wasn't great but it wasnt exactly poor at 11

despite this being stressed, the potential "opponent" (i use that term loosely) failed to resume chat and reposted his teams

Could he possibly just be full of shit? 9/10 elf teams turn me down unless I'm offering severely battered halfling with no treemen.
Franz

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Jacob wrote:

Could he possibly just be full of shit? 9/10 elf teams turn me down unless I'm offering severely battered halfling with no treemen.

I think that there is something between halflings with no trees and hordes of chaotic killers...
poi66

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2004 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a pretty skaven team - with one rsc and one claw.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=48468

They once were turned down for the reason:"One of my players could get killed!"
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2004 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Was turned down with my skaven for having a claw AND a dp (!) vs chaos with 3 mb and a claw... i might hurt his players!
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2004 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My chaos get turned down all the time. *sniff* But I've had a lot of amusing responses. However, the one response that still makes me grin wasn't a turned down game at all. It was a dark elf team with an amusing coach who agreed to play, citing that he wanted to retire his elves anyway (which I'm pretty sure he had to do when it was all said and done with). Very jovial guy, and much fun was had by all. Wish I could remember his name.

Myself, I turn down quite a few games with my chaos too though. My Evangelists fear the handicap rolls to no end (especially vs Milnestar, keeps rolling virus and under scrutiny). But the only team(s) I'll turn down when handicaps are no problem is Softnfluffy's devilish demons. Practically anything she makes turns out vile, sinister and <b>WRONG</b>! Surprised Tremble Before Me is just frightening, those dwarves have issues.. my chaos cry themselves to sleep just thinking about playing 'em.
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I just got turned down for a game with my amazons vs their humans because he only had one tackler, even though his TS and TR were at least 20 higher than mine
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously he hasn't heard of POW

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I was turned down for having too many rerolls (3).

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I say anyone who donĀ“t turn down Khemri are strange, a team built for one thing only, kill other teams.
Otherwise I am so fresh so noone turns down my teams.
hoomin_erra

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Believe it or not, i got turned down, with the excuse, "Sorry, i got a game already!!!"

How lame is that?
 Jump to: