86 coaches online • Server time: 20:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variants
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
majk

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2003 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

um...3 khemri teams?...*sigh*...

looks like we wont be "play"ing bloodbowl in this tournment...at least one season was fun.
McCloud

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2003 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I find all this discussion exhilerating, but I would like to know whta the format will be.
Round Robin? Set matches per round? When can we start some bashing?!

McCLoud
Raimius

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2003 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Skavenboy,
I have a free Div T Skaven team with one match under their belts if you want a pre-season game. To try and get you team a little higher.

~R~
Barash

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2003 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure you can play with a brand new team... but you have a hard time making it far in the championship (not impossible, but very unlikely).

Just a suggestion.. play a team in the open league or div-x league till you are around 140-160 TR (or maybe you already have a team in the open/div-x?) and transfer that team to the Tournament league. Then you can apply for this tournament play with that team!

(Please keep in mind that you can never undo this shift from the open/div-x to the tournament league, once a tournament league team.. always a tournament team.)

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2003 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

majk wrote:
um...3 khemri teams?...*sigh*...

looks like we wont be "play"ing bloodbowl in this tournment...at least one season was fun.

Well after the Piling on rulechange.. Kremli is a race that got populair by the bashers now. Sad

Maybe we could have a Kremli team stop? Else I will apply with one as well Smile
Or maybe we could have the Kremli teams play eachother first. That will reduce their numbers a bit..

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2003 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep in mind that only the top 16 teams will be in the Excelsus division, the next 8 go into Adeptus and at the moment they're all new teams so you shouldn't have to worry too much about getting creamed (of course if you want to play in Excelsus by all means play your team up and then apply).

Round Robin means everyone plays everyone else in their division according to a set schedule.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I WOULD like to play in Excelsius, but I would like to battle my way there, by starting at the bottom with a TR100 or 110 or something like that. Kust wanted to know if I would be up against TR150-170 in my first games. But now I understand that in the "qualifying" round robin-tournament most teams are new.

Thanks. I'll make up my mind about team fast and apply.
Raimius

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had my Khemri for quite a while. My team only has one game with a pretty nasty cas count. Considering my TD count it only 1 behind my opponent, that should tell you that I try to "play". (whatever the quotes mean)

I put my Khemri in this league to try and get games with them. Not retire other people's teams. I play a lot of fast teams and I wanted to see what the clumsy & slow Khemri team was like. It's ... different. I still haven't really got the hang of it.

~R~
Willard73

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonzorgg, Nope... not suicide. There is a "semi-pro" division which has weaker teams in it. That is where you will starrt off if you apply with a low TR team. Round Robin is a set schedule you'll follow... you play each team once during the season.

Skavenboy... you're in! Now you just wait for the 15th, and check for the schedule.

-Willard73

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
Some new teams are not quite below tr 160, please make sure your team meets this requirement!
I got rid of a few players as well.

Apparently there is some confusion here... the ruling is "All Division X Teams are legal, and teams with a TR of 160 or less may apply for membership." This is for NEW teams applying for the first time ONLY. If you were a coach from last season, that recieved an invitation back, that means your team stays as is... you do not need to trim the team down. Looks like you've all already done this though, so I guess this post came a tad too late.
-Willard73
Gonzorgg

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have applied for membership in your NUX-tournament with my new team. I'm, looking forward to start playing, and hope i'm not too late with my request.

(just too bad we'll only play once every 14 days Sad

best regards
-Gonzorgg

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a noob at this online stuff. I have been playing Bloodbowl for about 6 years in my local area and I am just completely ate up with it. I just found the fumbbl site a week ago and am very excited about playing in this league. I played my first online game last night (a 1-1 tie with a Khemri team) and even though we tied and he killed one of my linemen, I had a great time.

I have one question. After the league opens I can only play the one game a week with this team, right?

Question #2 when does the schedule come out?

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

whoops sorry, that was me . . .Skavenboy
Gonzorgg

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Skavenboy. Sorry to say: There will only be 1 game per 2 weeks. BUT, you can make another team and another and another ..... and play games with them. It wouldn't be fair if our teams in this tournament played other games meanwhile. Would change teams constantly, and suddently some of the teams in the low divisions (where you and I have to start) could be better than teams in higher divisions and such. Would not be fair to the coaches in our division that only have time for 1 game per week/2 weeks. They would not have the oppertunity to "evolve" their teams as fast as others, and would probably be hopelessly lost behind.

But make another team, and play games outside the tournament with that one. For instance play against me? I need opponents. I'm new inhere too and like you wants more than 1 game/2 weeks.

Best regards
-Gonzorgg
skavenboy

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I figured that would be how it was and that's ok, I'll just have to make a couple more teams and play more with those.

Gonzorgg . . . if you want maybe we can play a preseason game this weekend . . .

Skavenboy
 Jump to: