31 coaches online • Server time: 09:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tarzom

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to take issue with the way points are awarded for forfeited matches.

Mine has been one of the only teams to have played any game in the last two rounds of the 'so called' champion league, and yet is still bottom of the table because other teams have 'won' un-played matches.

I didnt expect to do too well, and entered an ogre team as fun. But since I've only lost 1 game and drawn 2, I expect to be rewarded better than a team that's lost the only games that its played.

I don't want to sound bitter - and I know that there are many reasons why games don't get played, but it does strike me as a little unfair.

Maybe there should be 0 points for unplayed games?

However it is quite funny that the team at the top of the table lost to the team that was bottom - perhaps Odi is less amused though Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Too late to do anything about it this season, but I'll take it into consideration for next season.
As far as how "funny" it is, as to who lost to who... it's a random flip of the coin, 50-50 shot.
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

As some of you might have noticed, I haven't been around much in the last couple of weeks. After some differences of opinion with my ISP, I am now without a network connection at home. I already ordered another internet connection from another ISP, but that will propably take 4 weeks. So I'm sorry that this had to happen, since now some of you will be missing some spp's, from games that they would have played against me. I hope Willard marks all my opponents to have won the games I miss.

And before some one asks about the ISP issue, no, I didn't do anything wrong. Except I wanted to get more than 300bps from my 1Mbs line. My ISP said there's nothing wrong, well this has happened a lot, hasn't it. And I didn't quite agree with them.

Odi
ps. If you live in Finland, don't get an internet connection from Elisa
poi66

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, they are messing up a lot with the ISPs in Finland and Sweden, don´t they?
Willard73

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all coaches,
Just a quick update... in order to try and keeps things moving, I've removed some coaches who have been holding up game play, and haven't been online for 2 weeks or more. Coaches due to play these coaches will recieve automatic wins, when they are due to play them. Also, Coach Odi has PM'ed me, and requested that it would be best if I removed him as well. As you can see from his post above, he is having difficulties getting his games in, due to circumstances beyond his control. Hopefully he gets everything straigthened out in time for Season 3! You will be missed Odi, you are a great coach, with a strong team.

With all that said, lets finish this season up. Any openings made in any division due to removing coaches, will be filled in by automatic promotions from the lower divisions, at the start of next season.
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Adpetus Challenge, and Apprentice Tourney, officially closed!</b>
Thanks to all coaches in these divisions for a great season. Congratulations to Gonzorgg, for his Plundering Viking winning the Apprentice tourney... and also to Ug, for his Green Bay Packers 2003 winning the Adeptus Challenge!
The top two teams from the Apprentice tourney, will be playing the bottom two team from the Adeptus challenge, fighting for entrance into the Adeptus for next season. The games are as follows:

The challenger: Plundering Vikings (1st place) vs. The defender: Painted Ladies (4th place)
The challenger: Scarab Legion (2nd place) vs. The defender: RunNGunners (5th place)

Remember, The winners of these two games lock themselves into position to play in the Adeptus challenge next season.
Also, the top two teams of the Adeptus challenge are awaiting the completion of the Champion, and Archon confrences, to play the bottom teams from those division, for possible advancement.
First place Adeptus team, Green Bay Packers 2003, will be playing the bottom team from the Champion League, to lock in a position... and second place Adeptus team, RIP Makers, will be playing the bottom team from the Archon conference.

Good luck to all as we come to a close of Season 2!
-Willard73

Last edited by Willard73 on %b %27, %2004 - %01:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
gansus

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, it seems in the end my Khemri team (that started as an experiment, honestly) has given evidence that they can even score some TDs and are (not only) a bashy team. Well, i know i got kinda help from the fact that one forfeit match (the other coach and me seemed unable to get in touch, lol) ended on a victory for me, but anyway i lost one match, tied another one and won the last i played, so thats not so bad outcome for khemri, i think. Well, im just waiting for the team that ends up last in Archon conference to play. Good luck for everybody that has to play qualifying games, too!!
Willard73

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Coach Gonzorgg! His team, Plundering Vikings, not only won the Apprentice tourney... but also won their match for the Adeptus Seat Entry, and they will play in the Adeptus Challenge next season.

Note to all... after all challenges have been played, some teams may still advance to higher levels by default. Alot of coaches were booted, due to not logging on in weeks, and others simply retired. This will result in empty seats in some of the higher divisions. As stated on the rules page... "(If any teams have withdrawn or been ejected from Division Excelsus, Adeptus teams will automatically move up to fill those positions, without need to play for this right.)" So, just because you lose an entry match, or don't make it to the entry challenges at all, doesn't necessarily mean you wont advance in this league. Keep your heads up!
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2004 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>This Just In!</b>
It has just come to the commisioners attention, that due to the early withdrawls of some teams from the league... there will be no challenge matches from the Adeptus div, into the Champion or Archon divisions. Also the final match for the Adeptus Seat Battle need not take place... both teams will advance win or lose, due to empty slots. Teams that would have been involved in these matches, will advance automatically!

The Champion Conference will be short one team next season, due to the early withdrawl of of Women From Poor Rural Areas. Therefore, congratulations to Green Bay Packers 2003, as Coach Ug and his team automatically slide into place as the 8th team in that league next season.

Also, the Archon Conference will be short 2 teams, due to the early "withdrawls" of Blitzing Barnies, and Nubians. Therefore congratulations to RIP Makers, and their coach Gansus, as they advance into the Archon next season. However, since there are 2 slots open, Coach Gonzorgg (after just defeating Painted Ladies) would be next in line to advance! (seeing that Brotherhood Of Less Worthy suffered an early withdrawl as well)

With that many teams advancing, this will all but decimate the Adeptus league. Therefore ALL remaining teams (apprentice teams) will automatically be advanced into the Adeptus challenge next season, and the apprentice tourney will be re-filled with new coaches.

Congrats to all, and lets have a strong finish this season, and a great playoff!
-Willard73
poi66

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As the Archon Conference is as good as finished I like to thank Willard73 for this tourney. I think I am the only coach who had the pleasure to play all seven matches and I had a lot of fun.

There were some really awesome and funny matches. Big cheers to Barash, Raimius, LurkingGrue and Goblinux. These were some extra ordinary thrilling matches which I enjoyed very much. I hope we will met in next season again.
Willard73

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

And Congrats to you poi66, for locking in as this season's High Archons! Smile

I also believe that this season's Grand Champions title is also a lock-in... Congrats to coach majk!
His team, Gralhk's Fellowship, is also last season's defending NUXBowl Sumpreme Excelsors!
I can't wait until this season's playoffs, to see who takes it this time around! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz to poi666 and thx for a good match. Can't wait until playoffs start too, gona be a chalenge. Cheers to misterhobbs who's chaos dwarves almost made the imposible Wink

P.S. Minute of silence to "Goldenhelm Allstars" and "Nubians", because these teams have gone bankrupt Shocked
Zsarts

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

[ZIP]
And Congrats to you poi66, for locking in as this season's High Archons!

I also believe that this season's Grand Champions title is also a lock-in... Congrats to coach majk!
His team, Gralhk's Fellowship, is also last season's defending NUXBowl Sumpreme Excelsors!
I can't wait until this season's playoffs, to see who takes it this time around!
[/ZIP]

What can I say majk totally ignored my PM's to him and was lucky to win our game on a coin flip - his team wasn't nearly as strong as now back then and I'm pretty sure my claws would have messed his dwarves up quite a bit. But by refusing to play my claws back then he not only avoided damages on his not so strong team back then and even won too. Nice tactic and nice luck too - what can I say?

Seems to me there should be something seriously done about those coaches who doesn't response on PM's and doesn't PM Williard neither for a reason - or telling him they can't get hold of the other coach. For ever PM I haven't had an answer for I have send a PM to Willard - I think others should do so too.

Gralhk's Fellowship
Women From Poor Rural Areas
and now my last opponent Pointy Nythons Flying Circus - which I have send yet a new PM today - haven't bothered answering me back on my PMs

Goldenhelm Allstars - actually answered me back but failed to show twice for our game Sad I know it can be difficult with the time zones but that is what BB time is so great for - should make it easy for people to figure out the time then.

I hope that we can make some changes for the next season making it vital for people to play their matches - either by kicking people out of the tourney or by making it worth more just playing a match than winning a match - say playing a match might give 10 points, while winning it gives 5 more... these are just rough numbers which I haven't put much thought into therefore only consider these numbers as examples.

Hoping for a better season next time.

Regards

Zsarts
Willard73

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there will be quite a few changes next season.
I'm first off thinking of changing the format all together, instead of round-robin. I'm contemplating using Open-Round-Robin, so there is no set schedule. You can play who you like as you like. This way, those who want to play wont be held up by a coach they can't get ahold of... just play whoever's on at the time. Also, this type of tourney will reward those that play more often (Spp's and tourney points), while those that don't play will only be hurting there own team.

Secondly I have also toyed with the idea of changing the points system, to enhance coaches to want to play. Ie... Win 15, Tie 5, Loss 1. And with the Open RR format, THERE WILL BE NO FORFEITS! Smile If you don't get the games played by the season deadline... you simply missed out on Spp's and Tourney points.

Just some ideas. If any of you who plan to play next season have any feed back, let me know. I've pretty much already made up my mind on how next season will be run, but if you have any suggestions, I'll listen. Doesn't mean I'll agree... but I'll listen Wink

Okay, Anyhow...
This season ends on Sunday... get your games in! And playoffs start on Monday! If you are wondering about the structure for playoffs... see the league page. Good luck to all, and hope to see some of you return next season!
-Willard73
poi66

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

hm... I like the tourney as it is, the idea was that everybody has to play everyone in his group. Without RR you can be dodged at ease and cherry picking is on again. Who will play the Khemrian teams at his own will - and what chance does Goblinux have to get a match with his Elders as they are 10/2/0 so far? This chaos pact has a one turner? nah... I won´t play them!

just thinking...

Last edited by poi66 on %b %28, %2004 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: