42 coaches online • Server time: 18:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

G'day everyone,

The Qualifying Pool has now started, and the Divisions are set to go with the New Year (or earlier if possible).

Qualifiers, Season 2 will end on the 4th of February. You have until then to play up to 5 games against your fellows.

Good luck everyone, and have fun! Very Happy
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

With the huge number of teams in the quals... have you considered expanding another division?
FLo711

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

have you considered expanding another division?

Thats probly not the best idea till we know that all the new coaches are committed, it's easy to get people to join a league, getting them to stay is a hell of a lot harder Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

FLo711 wrote:
Thats probly not the best idea till we know that all the new coaches are committed, it's easy to get people to join a league, getting them to stay is a hell of a lot harder Wink

That's exactly right, and is hopefully what the Qualifying Pool will achieve. We don't want the string of forfeits that we were left with last season...
neverborn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread just doesn't feeel right Sad
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
This thread just doesn't feeel right Sad

You'll get over it. Wink

In league news...

DIVISIONS 1 AND 2 ARE GOOD TO GO!

Everyone involved, get cracking! The Divisional End of Round Dates are available on the Group Page along with the rest of the stuff, but here they are again;

Round 1 - 07/01/04
Round 2 - 14/01/04
Round 3 - 21/01/04
Round 4 - 28/01/04
Round 5 - 04/02/04

Everyone in the PREMIER... Hang onto your Seats! Vigil and Pharaoh are hoping to get their game in tonight, and if it can't be done by them, it'll be done by me anyhow! Wink

Either way... THE PREMIER KICKS OFF TOMORROW! Get your Season Tickets now, as they'll be selling fast!! Very Happy
vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed it does looks like the final, and quite possibly grand final game of the SWL premier season 1 will be held tonight. Stay tuned in #SWL for details as they come to the press!

In the interests of getting people to the mood I thought I'd pull up my trash-talk from page 34 of the Oceanic thread from the first time we tried to hold this mammoth game.

Quote:

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The League of Exhumed Gentlemen are set to take on the Darkfall Sinners tonight in what promises to be a bloody and brutal game of bloodbowl.

Under their new captain Gray, the Gentlemen have enjoyed a string of victories and a huge boost in popularity. With an awe-inspiring fan factor of 15, the cocky team are getting a little big for their boots! Is it time for the Gentlemen to taste the dishonour of defeat so close to the end of the season?

It seems if anyone can break the Dorian Gray Miracle, Xavius Poisonbane is the elf for the job. The dark elf captain has reached something approaching cult status with longstanding fans of the team, enjoying a healthy record of casualties and touchdowns. The Darkfall Sinners are certainly no easy prey, having not lost a match in the last two rounds of the cup, and obviously holding no intention of losing one now.

"The reckoning has come." Poisonbane was reported to have shouted moments before the match. "Gray needs to be cut down a few notches. Khaine shines upon the Sinners!"

Gray's remarks were, as usual flippant. "The elves can run, pass, catch and die for all I care. Nothing changes the fact that the game of bloodbowl is a gentlemen's sport and it's Gentlemen who are going to win it."

So game on tonight! Sinners v Gentlemen - Be there for the rumble down at fumbbl!!!

(I'll post a time the moment I get one from pharaoh)
Glutton

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Gents, a bunch of refined gents (though admittedly somewhat on the nose) such of yourselves deserve to win the big game after all living twice does add to the experience.

All the best from the "Leftover Bitz"

damn now I finished my qual matches I must live vicariously through others Smile
vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Always nice to see some support from a bunch of like-minded chaps. You only live twice after all. Smile

Good luck getting into div2 next round. And remember, if bored there's always those match reports to write. Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr Whippy's Donut Boys Cream Them!

Tonight, the Whippy's whipped their 2 QPool opponents...

Firstly, the Bovine Biters fell 2-0 (Scorecard)

And secondly, the John Ward and the Invincibles went down amazingly 3-0! (Scorecard)

Welcome to the SWL Slassh & Neal respectively... maybe you can play the big boys soon!!

(Colourful match reports to come)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL SWL'ers!
Babs

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2003 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum or not, but anyway...

Anyone in the qualifying pool prepared to play me from 11am EST (including daylight savings) Jan 2?
If so, meet me 15 minutes before in IRC.

I have _never_ played Javabowl before. This will be my first game - and it will be slow.
If that doesn't phase you - see you there!

New to FUMBBL!

Have you signed up for the Feudball Novel yet?
vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2003 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Babs! Didn't know you were playing in the SWL. Smile Good luck.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2004 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay Troops,

I'm on holidays from the 3rd to about the 11th and so won't be around. While I'm gone, I've organised for Founder rights (editing scores, forfeiting matches etc.) to be transfered to Clayinfinity. Hopefully I'll be able to wrest power back from him on my return.

He'll be in charge of keeping the ball rolling, and he's one tough bicky, so you better get them games in or else he'll just forfeit y'all.
He might just start forfeiting anyhow, who knows? So you best show respect... Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2004 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

** ClayInfinity Gives Beady-Eyed Stare to all SWL'ers **
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2004 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

quick, while twahn is away, lets stage a mutiny!
 Jump to: