28 coaches online • Server time: 08:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh... and for the GLT, I`m actually in favor of handing out a chainsaw/bomb/dagger/stakes and a pogostick to a player of choice.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
Would be nice, but who would track that score? And it woud also mean, entering that score as tourney score after application, so that you can seed by score. All in all, too much coding/work for too little gain IMHO.

FUMBBL had team rating once. However, former TR would be prone to abuse, a straightforward point system would do the trick.

Coding/work should be similar to a tour points tracking system (if that will be feasible, you won't need too many modifications). I for one would certainly prefer epic clashes to appear at later stages of a tournament and wouldn't consider that "too little gain". Smile

As this only factors in Tourneys etc. if would have to be coded. Even the work of going through each of the 128 participants of a major, looking up their tourneyscore and entering that score into the group would be a horribly boring job that would take up at least 2 hours and that couldn`t be split among multiple persons. So unless Big C puts in a system for that, I`m afraid that`s FAR in the real of too much work for too little gain - even though the gain is substantial.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
i am VERY interested in any ideas that can further enfranchise our American timezone and australian timezone brothers.

Well the Swiss style tournament in a Major would fit in really well with making it regional...

Just as an example.

32 Brackets of 4 teams.

16 From Europe

8 From North America

8 From Australia

# of brackets adjusted down if applications from North America and Australia can not fill up the required number of brackets and filled with the Europe overflow...Iam confident that Europe will fill its allocated 16 brackets.

The winner of their brackets advance to the main draw event.

OR

Lets just say the Lustrian since it seems to be the Major with the biggest image problem.

3 Group qualifier

Europe
North America
Australia

Depending on # of entrants in each group you break it down into sub groups to get to your final 16 teams. Weighted towards the largest group, which we all know will be Europe. This would be a qualifier group KO style event.

Then all 16 advance to the Main Draw.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I bend over backwards scheduling wise, can I then pwn the US noobs for an easy qualifier? Very Happy
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
So if I bend over backwards scheduling wise, can I then pwn the US noobs for an easy qualifier? Very Happy

If you will wake up to play me at 4AM? then yes you can join up in every single North American Smack and take us to the wood shed. Smile

Iam not going to touch the "easy" comment...I want to call your bluff.

Last edited by PainState on %b %09, %2009 - %20:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I could meet you at 6PM your time no problem... and I would only do this for majors.. I`m not that desperate for SMACK titles Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
I could meet you at 6PM your time no problem... and I would only do this for majors.. I`m not that desperate for SMACK titles Razz

Ah now there is the Rub....you can play at 6PM but 8 and lets reschedule...I dont get home from work and can play until around 8:30PM.

This is all about participation and not SMACK titles.

I agree that Majors are what they are and if you join up then you will have to bend to get games in sometimes...that is just the nature of a Tournament of that size and all the participants should be prepared for that.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

NOW Back to the real purpose of this thread..

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

OH I forgot one..

NO MORE FLAT ENTRY!! it was worth the attempt but in the end it was to convoluted and reduced the "fun" factor. For majors

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh.. and can we bring back Synn`s suggestions for the gap between qualifier and finals:
Remove all 'm' injuries, award amount of cash - done.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Oh.. and can we bring back Synn`s suggestions for the gap between qualifier and finals:
Remove all 'm' injuries, award amount of cash - done.

Good idea

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to second Pains idea on the Sched Smack timezone issue. I am one of those players who has a decent amount of games under his belt but have only played one or 2 out of league tournament games and mostly it comes down to being next to impossible for my real life schedule to coincide with some of the EU players on any weekday. This generally leaves me Sat/Sun to try to schedule a tournament game and that can get rough based on random friends stopping in to drag me out to bars.. Anyway having the schedule be geared around more "acceptable" times for us once in awhile would be an amazing incentive to get more experience and possibly give Circ more of a run for his money next time I draw him in the first round!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the tourneys were very good this year, but didn't think the lottery element added to the warpstone. All that happened is that 3 weak teams got randomly picked, all ended up on the same side of the draw and it became very unbalanced with a tough top half draw and a really weak bottom half. Surely it would be better to have the finals made up of winners and therefore have more good matches. Some were incredibly one sided. I also agree with the people who want prizes restoring/boosting for majors. It generates interest.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2009 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
OR

Lets just say the Lustrian since it seems to be the Major with the biggest image problem.

3 Group qualifier

Europe
North America
Australia

Depending on # of entrants in each group you break it down into sub groups to get to your final 16 teams. Weighted towards the largest group, which we all know will be Europe. This would be a qualifier group KO style event.

How about if you really want to help out coaches from outside Europe, for all qualifiers in all tournaments (and for the final draw itself) you put all the North American coaches at the top, the Europeans in the middle and the Australians at the bottom. That way, you maximize the number of rounds that people will be able to play others of the same time zone as themselves before they have to play against people from different time zones.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2009 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with that is they are unlikely to be evenly balanced so teams become advantaged or handicapped by location.

Zombie69 wrote:
PainState wrote:
OR

3 Group qualifier

Europe
North America
Australia

How about if you really want to help out coaches from outside Europe, for all qualifiers in all tournaments (and for the final draw itself) you put all the North American coaches at the top, the Europeans in the middle and the Australians at the bottom. That way, you maximize the number of rounds that people will be able to play others of the same time zone as themselves before they have to play against people from different time zones.
 Jump to: