47 coaches online • Server time: 12:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

After evily borrowing WindexChuggers leet BBCode Skills

Qualifier X

Here we are: the 5th Warpstone Open. Last year's champion has been retired from play. A new champion will rise; will it come from Qualifier VII?

Qualifier X: it's got old teams, it's got famous teams, it's got new teams, it's got killer teams...but does it have the Warpstone Open V Champion?

Round I

Game I
[http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=240143]ImageLeechers[/url] (249 / 217) vs [http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=598432]ImageDesert Dwellers[/url] (196 / 186)
Shimin(157.55) vs TankMetal( 127.02)

Leechers:
A fairly standart Vampire team goes up against
Desert Dwellers:
Who have won a grand total of 2 games so far.
I officially claim that this will not change during the game.
3:0 for the Vamps (or how much they wish to score).

I will do the rest when I am more bored.
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Leijonet wrote:

Game V

Kill these Gits (173/176 Skaven)
Coached by Kill-Kill (Current CR 152.98 )
vs
Sithi D Team (265/242 Wood Elves)
Coached by shusaku (Current CR 168.44)

Strenghs Kill these Gits Few, if any.
Weaknesses: Too many to count.

Strenghs Sithi D Team: A well skilled WE team. Loads of blodge, some Sidestep, 3 AG5 elves one of which is MA9 and Leap.
Weaknesses: Few Guard, few Tacklers, very limited bashpower.

Thoughts: Poor Skaven.

Prediction: Kill these Gits 1-4 Sithi D Team, no OT

Hehe, I so agree. Maybe I will get great handicaps. I applyed before shadow killed my two Claw/RSC, and then I assumed since they were below 175 TR they would just miss the cut... Did not see the all Skaven make it rule coming...

But you made up the reasons to fight
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

adambomb wrote:
Same with IX, though I think it's pretty easy to predict the outcome of my match. I thought I had some decent stat increases then I saw my opponent's team!!! Wow, nice skill rolls dude.

Though one of his prep matches was this one:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2877298

hardly looks legal to me with a TS difference >125+
that was an XFL orc game that i entered some 1 games orcs and didnt do too bad, actually
Lomack

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier VII? Smile (nice thread to read is this!)
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quali XI lacks some predictors as well...

---> I have proven the opposite!
Doowa

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Game VIII
Doowa(170.3) Viper Strike (262 / 239) Image vs ImageSouless Slayers (244 / 216) Prez (168.5)

ANNOUNCEMENT! This match will most likely take place at the skaven WO primetime, Sunday at "lucky 13" hour BBtime.

(depending on the OT situation and RL happenings Wink)

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Game VIII
ImageViper Strike (262 / 239) vs ImageSouless Slayers (244 / 216)
Doowa(170.3Cool vs Prez(168.45)

Viper Strike: A really nice Lizardman team. Good skinks, great Sauri, a GuardKrox. They have the gold for a wizard, and will probably be bringing it. The only thing they are lacking is: only one tackle to counter the Count. Other than that, they are set.

Souless Slayers: A good undead team, although lacking skills on ghouls. They'll be bringing the Count and a Wizard for sure and they've got a tackle/mb wight for Skink hunting. The Wizard will help a lot against Lizardmen.

Predictions: This will be a really good game. Wizard will hurt the Lizardmen a lot, and the Count will cause his usual amount of mayhem. But Viper Strike has a great set of Sauri, who should be able to out strength the undead. Unless the undead can foul out enough sauri and blitz down enough skinks, the Lizardmen strength will overcome them. Lizards lose the ball due to count + wizard, but retake it next turn. They score after a long stall on their drive. Undead drive: undead get too bashed by the Lizards and lose the ball.

Result: Viper Strike 2-0 Souless Slayers

Cool I'm going to get a Wiz!!!...... I wish Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Those undead always have a wizard (or should I say necromancer)...too bad he doesn't know any fireball spell. Smile
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

oh yea....right.

You can tell I'm still a noob Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Blood Sea Buccaneers get drawn into the qualifier of DEATH! its looking grim facing down all those greeskin hordes and some nice lovely CL/RSC chaos teams. Were are the skaven?

But the Buccaneers are a Veteran team and will battle it out and see how the cards fall. We have faced long odds in past majors and blew right thorugh so we are going to have to rely on our experience to get some wins.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford reporting from the warpstone open qualifier # XI**

Well Fumbbl fans Iam set and ready to go for another major and hopefully a bloody and gruesome qualifier. This qualifier is stacked with Chaos and it should be a lot of fun on the pitch. Only one orc team made this qualifier and they are one of the weak sisters so this should be a orc free qualifier after the first round.

Qualifier #11

ImageLoA /236/218 /50,000 gold
VS
ImageBirthday Bash Deluxe/ 209/204 / 130,000 gold

Well two teams that are very average square off in the first round. LoA is a veteran team so they get a slight edge in this match. This game is going to be won/lost on the LOS and it looks like the CD's have the advantage in that match up. But the Birthday Bash crew have some cash to give them a slight edge on the star/wizard side.

In the end the LoA crew manages to pull it out in a very close affair 2-1

ImageDisease From the Deep / 236/218 160,000 gold
VS
ImageCyanwall Sidesteppers II / 240/239 / 100,000 gold
The rotters come in to the match with some holes in their lineup and will be hard pressed to contain the Sidesteppers. But they do have a CL/RSC and a tentacle Beasty to tie up the elves. Their only shot will be to out CAS the sidesteppers and get them off the pitch in bundles. IF that does not happen the Sidesteppers will just chew up the Rotter scum and score at will on them.

Cynwall Sidesteppers II over the Disease from the deep 3-1.

ImageChaos is our Religion/ 196/196/ 40,000 gold
VS
ImageRatzinger Todezfeinde/ 255/224/ 100,000 gold

The UI champs from 2 years ago try to get the loving feeling back. They come into the match with a solid core of Gutter Runners but carry some perms and 3 niggles. But the Gutters are clean and should be able to carry the day. The CD's are going to have to track down those Gutters if they are going to have a shot in this one. I just dont see some CD blockers being able to track down those gutters and their Bulls are not that formidable.

Ratzinger walk in this one 3-1..The question is do they come out of the game intact.

Well the Ratzingers were not able to deftly move down field and just get ground up into mince rat meat. They take 3/3/2 on the CAS count and go down 2-1

ImageHouse of Prince II/ 263/237/230,000 gold
VS
ImageAlternative Comedians/ 278/244/ 55,000 gold

Upset special
Can the Choas scumm deplete the High elves before they put to many scores over the end line? NOPE. The House is a solid Chaos team but I just dont think they will be able to get their hands on their necks and put them out of their misery. The Comedians should be able to deftly move the "rock" and get the job done.

Comedians over the House 2-1 in a very close match.
Comedians take the Chaos scumm to over time and the joke was on the Prince...Comedians turn into magicians and pull off the time tested double sided coin trick to win the toss and advance on 1-1 tie game.

ImageNo Hope no Fear/ 213/213/ 20,000 gold
VS
ImageApaches/214/197/30,000 gold

The two weak sisters of the qualifer square off in this match. Neither team is impressive and really have no shot in the long run. But one of these teams will get the glory of a majors victory. Since no team has any gold to spend it will be just a straight up fight. In the end the Gutters will carry the day for the skaven cause.

No Hope no Fear over the Apaches 2-1

ImageIt wont Hurt/253/221/ 90,000 gold
VS
ImageBad Mistakes / 242/221/ 40,000 gold

Well I think it will hurt as the Bad Mistakes get rolled in this one. Bad Mistakes are going to get taken to the wood shed on the LOS and get pushed around. The skinks should be able to have clear running lanes all game long and really frustrate the chaos squad.

It wont hurt over the Bad Mistakes 3-1

ImageRhinestone Chaos/ 270/226/ 280,000 gold
VS
ImageOld School Hitters/ 274/228/30,000 gold

Now this will be a titanic Blood fest if it plays out to the numbers. Two of the favorites battling it out. Cl/RSC, DP's., Mighty Blow and +ST all over the place. Both teams are going to meet at the middle of the pitch and just lay into each other. Who ever gets the CAS upperhand obviously has the advantage but with these two teams I would not be suprised to see some 5 on 6 action at the end of halfs.

This is a coin flip game.

SO I will pull out my new WK|Darkangel 50/50 coin flip ball...here we go.....

TIE!!! Old school hitters pull it out on the coin flip!

WHAT? something is wrong with this ball.....need to look into that.

Oh you want the score? Well just like the teams involved the actual score is way down the priority list. This game will be about the CAS. SO Hitters win this one 5/3/2 to 6/2/1

ImagePOMG ITs the Dorfs/ 202/189/60,000 gold
VS
ImageLunatics Asylum/ 210/206/35,2000 gold

Well two ho hum dorf teams square off in this one. Neither team is stellar and with out any gold to buy a death roller, boring as hell IMO. Neither team has a advantage in this one. SO lets give this 50/50 ball another shot...here it is....

TIE!!! 1-1 and the Lunatics advance on coin flip!

It will be a classic match FUmbbl fans.. The Lunatics get the kick off...stall out the half and score. Then the POMG Dorfs repeat that feat and stall it out for the tie on 2/8. By OT the specs have all committed suicide and the players just lay down from boredom and quit. The ref plays out the OT by himself, watching his watch and then calls the game on turn 6 of OT and flips the coin.

Well there it is Fumbbl fans. Lets have some fun and hope for some steallar games in Qualifier #11.

Last edited by PainState on %b %16, %2010 - %21:%Jan; edited 5 times in total
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Chaos is our Religion/ Chaos Dwarf/ 196/196/ 40,000 gold
VS
Ratzinger Todezfeinde/ Skaven/ 255/244/ 100,000 gold

The UI champs from 2 years ago try to get the loving feeling back. They come into the match with a solid core of Gutter Runners but carry some perms and 3 niggles. But the Gutters are clean and should be able to carry the day. The CD's are going to have to track down those Gutters if they are going to have a shot in this one. I just dont see some CD blockers being able to track down those gutters and their Bulls are not that formidable.

Ratzinger walk in this one 3-1..The question is do they come out of the game intact.

mind me giving you a little hint to look into the potential handicaps Wink. 3 no matter, what i do... and thats gotta get TOUGH! Oh and the TS is 224 instead of 244... 244 it would have been without the nigglings Wink.

PainState wrote:
[...]It will be a classic match FUmbbl fans.. The Lunatic Dorfs get the kick off...stall out the half and score. Then the POMG Dorfs repeat that feat and stall it out for the tie on 2/8. By OT the specs have all committed suicide and the players just lay down from boredom and quit. The ref plays out the OT by himself, watching his watch and then calls the game on turn 6 of OT and flips the coin.

Aaaaahahahahahahahaha..... /me loves ya, Milford Wink.

---> I have proven the opposite!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford realizes that handicaps can play a big part of any match up. BUT he does not calculate them into his final formula for making the pick.

Reason: they are to variable and such, unrealiable.
Plus it becomes redundant to point out Virus could play a big part in this game. I give my readers the credit that they know Virus could change this game or that, they dont need me pointing it out.
Milford picks the game as he sees it with out worrying about handicaps and CR.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
[...]It will be a classic match FUmbbl fans.. The Lunatic Dorfs get the kick off...stall out the half and score. Then the POMG Dorfs repeat that feat and stall it out for the tie on 2/8. By OT the specs have all committed suicide and the players just lay down from boredom and quit. The ref plays out the OT by himself, watching his watch and then calls the game on turn 6 of OT and flips the coin.

Dwarf vs dwarf matches are the most strategic you can find in all of Fumbbl. The chainpushes alone are enough to give headaches. If i could only watch one game in the entire qualifiers, it would be this one. Sad that so many people don't see this.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

**Millford reporting from the opening weekend of action**

Well Fumbbl fans the opening weekend of the WO is starting up. Normally the first weekend of majors sees the most action and I have a feeling this weekend will be no diffrent. We allready have some upsets and a glorious ST7 Bull getting taken down in the early matches. There are some really nice match ups that could take place this weekend so keep on your toes and check the "games" section often to see if some of the top tier teams are squaring off.

Lets have some fun and hope for a lot of Blood and some Bowl from the elves.