69 coaches online • Server time: 15:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
PainState wrote:
[...]It will be a classic match FUmbbl fans.. The Lunatic Dorfs get the kick off...stall out the half and score. Then the POMG Dorfs repeat that feat and stall it out for the tie on 2/8. By OT the specs have all committed suicide and the players just lay down from boredom and quit. The ref plays out the OT by himself, watching his watch and then calls the game on turn 6 of OT and flips the coin.

Dwarf vs dwarf matches are the most strategic you can find in all of Fumbbl. The chainpushes alone are enough to give headaches. If i could only watch one game in the entire qualifiers, it would be this one. Sad that so many people don't see this.

True! Very Happy

Though dorf vs orc and orc vs orc often are almost as interesting as dorf vs dorf (at least without Morg and wizard).
Doowa

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

it really, really, really depends on the coaches... else it's just boring (and sad)

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well lets go down this line of thought. IF Milfords prediction is right about the Lunatics VS POMG match and it plays out exactly how he predicited. Then I would have to say it would rank in the top 5 of all time games ever played on Fumbbl!

You would have:
1)Mass suicide (figurative) of all the specs
2)Two coaches who just threw up their hands in disgust
3)A Ref left alone on the pitch
4)And a classic ending to a classic match.

It would have it all!

minus of course the death roller.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Phew, happy about my S4 Skink not going the way of that S7 bull.
Certainly not due to a lack of attention ;D
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Mightypeon wrote:
Phew, happy about my S4 Skink not going the way of that S7 bull.
Certainly not due to a lack of attention ;D

Give it time Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Some more musings on qualifier VI:

Well, the most interesting question is, who is going to get through?
In my eyes, Lone Stars
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=118814
Is the strongest contender and the obvious favorite.
This has several reasons;
1: They got through a strong Orc team unhurt, meaning that one of the teams that could "Hurt" them is out.
2: Joks Dwarfs are also out, taking out another team that could "Hurt" them Caswise.
3: This leaves the Chaos Waste crushers (who are not through yet) as the team with the most Punch I believe.
4: The Lone Stars also have enough DPs, enough Tackle and some Tentacles to stop either the Harlequins or the Prison Blues (who are not through yet), who are most likely to outscore them.

In my eyes, the most significant runner ups are either the Chaos waste crushers, the Prison Blues and the Booty Pirates, whom I kinda regard as the Dark Horse of this qualifier.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=584321
As one can see, they pack quite a punch Mighty Blow/DP-wise, have 7 guards, a number of Blodges and a huge war chest, also, Humans get understimated a lot.

In my eyes, my own team the Croakers
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=588054
likely needs a lot of luck (or rather absence of bad luck) to have a shot at things.
Most prominently, 11 players with 2 Nigglers and no war chest may not end particularly well, although I lucked out with not aging and getting through Joks Dwarfs without perms.

I am inclined to believe:

Lone Stars: 40%
Booty Pirate: 20%
Folsom Prison Blues: 15%
Hawkheim Harlekins: 10%
Chaos Waste Crushers: 10%
Crazy Croakers: 2.5%
Deathgate gone Postal: 2.49%
Mutant Mouse: 0.01%
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2010 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:
Group V has 4 of the top 12 TR teams in the tourney. This will make for some interesting games, but will any of the giants make it through?

Lets see how good i can call these games. ~(_8(I) DOH!

Game #1

Big Hats FTW vs Smacking Orc Forces

This is one of the games I hope i get to watch. Two fun and skilled coaching bringing in some monster teams.

Big Hats FTW winners of Lustrian Challenge III, home of Stompy and owners of the Slowest Temple Guardian. I see Crib having to buy Hthark for the first round of this Quali. This may give the CD's enough of an edge to pull out a win but will surely lose a couple players for the next round.

Smacking Orc Forces are carry an agile lino who wont be agile enough to stay away from 3 bulls. These orcs carry a lot of bang with not so much buck. They can afford a wiz which they should deffinatley take. Maverick is a very fun coach who will provide a fun game to watch, cheer and boo.

Big Hats FTW--->1-2(FTW)

Game #2

Da Dead 'Ard3 vs Mas Maravillas

Da Dead 'Ard3 will surely cause some death but lack much in the way of ball control outside of clearing the pitch and will need to be patient and stick together to pull out this win which they should do in OT.

Mas Maravillas carries a nice little equalizer in the way of 2 decked out CW's, one for ball control and one for player control. With little in the way of guard Genif will have fought a good fight on ly to just barely lose this match.

Da Dead 'Ard3 win 2-1 in OT

Game #3

Extraordinary Brotherhood vs Bila ruka

This match features two of the top teams in the Qualies. Two vet teams who have seen plenty of majors action. Only one of them has won a major.

Extraordinary Brotherhood has a whole lot of OUCH! I feel that the Brotherhood will be out after this game hoping to grab one of the lottery picks to make it to the main draw. They just dont have enough players(13) and not enough cash to deal with their opponents.

Bila Ruka made a strong press and good showing at the Fumbbl Cup and will pick up where they left off here. Having banked some good coin which they can but ripper as fodder for the brothers and walk away with this one pretty easily.

Bila Ruka wins 2-1

Will fill in the rest later

sorry, i got sidetracked and will finish the predictions for the games that havent been played.

Titia's Legion 241/236 coached by bxnyc
vs
Redneck Crew 308/246 coached by Zombie69

This game will be full of teh hurt! I call 10 cas in this game with both teams losing two key players each.

Titia's legion has a couple of +AG thro-ra's which will come in handi. They have 5 guard which will allow for the mummies to get some hits in and possibly sneak past some BH with the thro-ra's to steal this win, which i doubt. The khemri need to hire Tut this game for any chance at all, possibly use him as the ball carrier.

Redneck Crew carry two nigglers with such a high TR which is a big risk. They do have 5 ogres with 4+ skills which is nice. The ogres will deffinately have a hard time vs the khemri but should be able to pull it off in OT.

Colegas Narcos 241/222 coached by elkram
vs
We never run 206/199 coached by Mayhemizer

Colegas Narcos are a pretty new Ogre team with no cash who are lucky to have drawn some low TR dwarves. I give this game to elkram based on his experience. 2-1

We never run may not run but i dont see them running too much vs the ogres. I am interested to see some dump off and pass action from the little tykes though.

Atei 258/224 coached by Gary_Gygax
vs
Poems 266/245 coached by Leijonet

Atei are slow as far as elves come and do not posses too many blodge. They have a MB witch who could possibly take out a few beastmen but with only 50K, which will be used for a wiz and few players, their only chance of bringing it to OT will see them with 7 or less players to play with.

Poems is one of the more agile Chaos teams in the tourney. They also have that one claws/RSC team wrecker that will be able to tee off on the blodge lacking DE's. I dont see them needing to waste money on a wiz this game and will win it but in OT with a final hand off to Fire and Ice to give the CW a skill for the next round.
Aldar

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2010 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

WindexChugger wrote:

Game VI
ImageLuruar Tigers (246 / 242) vs ImageDrunken Fumbbl (249 / 233)
Aldar(160.8Cool vs drunkagent(168.99)

Luruar Tigers: Several injuries, but also several +STR and +AG players. What they are lacking is skills spread out over all their players. They've got a few nice players, but a lot of players don't have the key blodge (which would have helped vs claw/rsc.) Not enough gold to bring a wizard will really hurt the high elves, as they now lack the ability to steal the ball.

Drunken Fumbbl: Again: what spectators hope to see from chaos in a major tournament. A good deal of claw, a claw/rsc. Although I don't think they'd have needed it, Drunken Fumbbl have brought along Morg'n'Thorg. This may cost them in the long run as they are now out of gold.

Predictions: Chaos should try and receive second. If they do, then the elves' OTS attempt will be at the very end of the game, when they are low on players. Chaos will stall out their drive, elves will OTS back at them. Elves won't be able to stall their drive, chaos will score in the same half. 2nd half, chaos control the ball for the win.

Result: Luruar Tigers 2-3 Drunken Fumbbl in OT

The Tigers got this one, we surprised the Chaos Scum with our ferocity and daring plays!

2-1 for the tigers! Very Happy
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2010 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The croakers are out, loosing 1:2 due to a combination of bad dice and not enough mistakes on my opponents part, well played Sigmar1.
Hmm, A niggled Saurus and niggled Krox will be hard to replace in 3 games ;D
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2010 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

ImageRhinestone Chaos/ 270/226/ 280,000 gold
VS
ImageOld School Hitters/ 274/228/30,000 gold

Now this will be a titanic Blood fest if it plays out to the numbers. Two of the favorites battling it out. Cl/RSC, DP's., Mighty Blow and +ST all over the place. Both teams are going to meet at the middle of the pitch and just lay into each other. Who ever gets the CAS upperhand obviously has the advantage but with these two teams I would not be suprised to see some 5 on 6 action at the end of halfs.

This is a coin flip game.

SO I will pull out my new WK|Darkangel 50/50 coin flip ball...here we go.....

TIE!!! Old school hitters pull it out on the coin flip!

WHAT? something is wrong with this ball.....need to look into that.

Oh you want the score? Well just like the teams involved the actual score is way down the priority list. This game will be about the CAS. SO Hitters win this one 5/3/2 to 6/2/1

hmmph. Oh ye of little faith.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2919975

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2010 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

After the previous prognosticator's shocking lack of accuracy. I have taken it upon myself to predict the second round of qualifier XI. Here it is:

Apaches
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=280316

vs

Cynwall Sidesteppers II
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=597543

A distinct lack of tackle on the Apache's part combined with a well developed group of elves that don't look shy getting the boot in tells your humble scribe that this is going to be an ugly and one sided affair. The orcs will chase the elves around the pitch impotently while the elves isolate straglers and pounce en masse like jackals. Cynwall Sidesteppers II by 2.

Results: I was exactly right
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2922516

Alternative Comedians
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=358932

vs

Pomg It's The Dorfs
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=564306

This one looks a lot tougher for the bean eaters, as they face a well built dwarf team who will also get a handful of handis against them. This might come down to which handis the dwarfs manage to draw. Having seen the aptly named Crazy_Lemur's play in the previous round, however, I'm going go with the High Elves pulling out the victory, but sustaining enough damage to spoil their chances in the tourney in the process. Alternative Comedians by 1

Of this round, this will probably be the most entertaining match, as both sides could take it in what promises to be the classic "elves trying to outlast the bash" type game.

Result: This was the one I was back and forth about, and I guessed wrong. Dwarfs take it 2-1.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2923793

LoA
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=363754

vs

Chaos is our Religion
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=457219

Mirror match baby! Major difference being LoA has better Bulls and C.I.O.R. can afford Htthark and gets handis. Another close one that will likely see not a Hobgoblin un-dismembered in the lot. I do see Synn squeaking this one out, on the strength of his experience and the fact that he's a filthy lucker.

LoA by 1 in OT

And finally, the game you are all waiting for:

Rhinestone Chaos
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=578921

vs

Bad Mistakes
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=389086

After the thumping the Rhinestones laid on the similarly built but deadlier Oldschool Hitters. I like the Rhinestones' chances in this one. They out guard, out strength, out claw, and out cash their opponents. Still, Yuzi is an experienced and willy coach, and they must not get overconfident. The Rhinestone Chaos' talents will carry the day, helmed as they are by such a handsome, witty, and brilliant coach.

Rhinestone Chaos by 2

There you have it. And that's how it's done.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok bored so the form of my predictions is going to be the winner of each qualifier from as they stand now.

1 Magerit Revengers: Not much in this but maybe the extra ag will see the Dark Elves home.
2 Skull Crushas: Plenty of tackle and diving tackle will see off those Dark Elves.
3 Not my place to say but I'm in with a shot.
4 Name is Bond. The dwarves pound their way past the count.
5 Poems: my favourite qualifier with a semi line up which would not have looked out of place in the main draw. Fancy poems to sneak a tight final against the brotherhood.
6 Lone Stars: already in the final and I see them winning it.
7 Divine Assassins: Lack of tackle on the killer chaos proves their undoing.
8 Arthalian Rocketeers: Skaven and Orc will run them close but that's a seriously good Elf team.
9 LA Dwarfs: Fancy them to win their semi and face bedraggled woodies in the final.
10 Soulless Slayers: With so many killers around the draw is vital but I fancy the Count to see them home.
11 LOA: Cynwall Sidesteppers are the main competition but I fancy the CD tackle to see them through.
12 Rata Blanca: I fancy the rats to win this one, although Cult of Shadows have a good chance.
13 Orka Mera: very strong group with 2 great dark elf teams and very good Orcs too. Going to back the Orcs as Booahl has form for getting through these things.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

OK Snappy, Millford has bit his tounge long enough...Leave the predictions to a proffesional who knows how to pick games with flair and style. You seem to think it is about picking the game correctly. It is not...it is about giving a fantastic preview, any joe can put a link on a page with no flair, of the game to get the specs all excited about seeing the match. The actual pick is not as much fun as the pre match write up. Sometimes predicting wrong is as much fun for the reader as getting it spot on. For when you predict wrong the fans react with Boos/cheers. When you predict the out come correctly they just shake their head in admiration and move on. It is a fine line only a professional knows how to navigate.

And I dont see any fans reacting after your write up on the Rhinestone VS Bad Mistakes match. The fans have spoken, let Milford have back his qualifier so they can get a professional write up.

Dont worry Snappy, Milford is a nice guy. He will take you under his wing and show you the ropes.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe
Thats right bite him when he's down! Wink

SL
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I love these threads.