54 coaches online • Server time: 18:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford still in the mens "john" **

Lets get atleast one pick in before I leave.

From the forlorn a nice match up of human teams.

A Bunch of Goons
VS
FC Altdorf

The goons come into the match looking really good. They are a beefed up human team that if they advance might have a real shot at winning this qualifier. They carry some niggles and are giving up 2 handis, so virus looms for them. But if they can start laying the boot and grinding down the FC crew they will come out on top.

FC Altdorf is going to have to some how tie down those DP's of the goons and make the game about their 4 blitzers vs the Goons 4 blitzers. If they can do that they will have the advantage. But they dont lack firepower so they just might opt for the meet you in the middle of the pitch and lets "throw" down and hope they come out on top of the CAS count.

The handis make this one interesting to pick. The goons on paper are superior but I never count out the FC crew in a major. They are a veteran team and saavy enough to pull it out.

FC Altdorf 2-1 over the Goons.

Note: Why do both team apologize for having multiple DP's in their team bio? Every one knows that human linos only need block and DP to be effective. In theory any team that has 6 skilled up linos with two or more skills will probally have 3+ DPS on the team. Just a random thought from the guy in the next stall who I was consulting with. Who I found out has decided he is not watching any more Fumbbl Blood Bowl and has opted for the lesser know Cyanide leagues were the DP's are not the meta gaming be all end all, according to him. I think I will kick in his stall door and give him a DP boot to the head, just for fun.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict that WarriorTsuke's House will Chaos-Claw my Woodhead Wanderers into a bloody mess in the remaining semi of GLT VI: High TR Qualifiers 3. We will play on Monday at 17:30. Or alternatively on Tuesday at 16:00.

You like elfblood? I thought so.
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i predict you will hire a wizz and win 2:1. i predict the 5 remaining elves will lose the final, though...
PainState

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford en route to the GLT **

Well Fumbbl fans I have broken free of the Lifestyles desk at the TNT and will be arriving at the GLT this weekend.

Lets get some more picks going.

From the Forlorn Div

Elite Robbing Hoodz
VS
Hellbound Charioteers

The Hoodz are in good shape and should be able to handle the crazy norsemen. But it will be a battle to the end. Right now they are giving up 2 handicaps at +26 TR so they could dump some cash to get back to 1 handicap. They have the firepower to hang with the hellbound and if they play it close to the vest they should be able to pull it out.

The Hellbound are ready and have bought a wizard to give them an edge. This is a typical Hellbound match. Show up, starting swinging and take out as many of them as possible. They are a verteran team so they can defeinitly pull this one out. Get the CAS count in their favor and lay some more boot will win the day in this match.

It is a close match...the Hellbound some how find a way to get by with a 2-1 win over the Hoodz.

A final match up here

Pyramid Pains
VS
Los Reencanrnados Celestes

A Khemri vs Human match up in this one.

The Pyramid crew will be getting two handicaps and have a stock pile of cash. But they are going to be really hard pressed. A 203 TR Khemri team with ho hum mummies does not scare anyone and they only have 1DP to boot. I think RamTut will show up for the match but it will not be enough. The game plan will be simple. Smash, bash and pile drive every one and hope that the CAS start rolling in. Every other plan of attack has a 0 chance of success.

The Celestes should be able to cruise by the Pyramids with ease in this match. Just be patient and play it out, no risks. They have 4 star player blitzers that should be able to take charge and lead them to victory. The big question is will they come out of this match intact and ready for the main draw.

Celestes over Pyramid 2-0 in a very uneventful match IF the cas count does not start to stack up.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

** The final match of the CR qualifier **

Man the CR qualifier was the one to be in if you wanted to blow right through the qualifiers. There is only 1 match left. And here it is.

Bavaria Rules
VS
Terrible Dancer

Chaos vs Wood Elf match.

The Bavaria Rules crew if a powerful 300+TR chaos team that has all the neccesary skills to deliver the pain. But man those Woodies are looking good. They are going to have to go back to the basics and just smash them to kibble bits to have a real chance. But they got the players to get the job done.

The Dancers are going to have to dance in this one. Run en Gun is the rule of day for this match. Score at will and as often as possible. If the CAS start to mount just close your eyes and keep running.

This is going to be a classic match up of bash vs Ball with two really good coaches. So if that is your favorite type of match do not miss this one.

In the end I will give the edge to the woodies as they pull it out 2-1 in a very close match.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2010 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Half of the 16 spots taken

So far qualified

2 Orc
2 High Elves
2 Rats
1 Wood Elf
1 Human
Woodstock

Post   Posted: May 30, 2010 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans, nice.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 30, 2010 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well here is a finals match from the TR qualifiers.

Cyanide Bugs
VS
I Say You Fellows

Chaos Dwarf VS Dark elves in this match up.

The Bugs enter the match with a wizard and getting some handicaps. They got the traditional Bull that can carry the team and a LOS of mean disposition when it comes to taking down blodgers. They got what it takes to take down the Fellows. Just play it slow and let the CD's do their thing and let that bull loose with the ball.

The Fellows are a nice Dark elf crew but they got their hands full in this one. They also are bringing a Wizard but they do carry some nigglers so Virus will loom. They have the talent to win this one IF they can control that bull. Also the dreaded fireball turnover for the score needs to happen.

This is a tough one to pick. Two really nice teams in this one.

Going with the Bugs over the Fellows in a classic match that will come down to the wizards and the bouncing ball after a well placed fireball.

Bugs 2-1 over the fellows.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2010 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

FC Altdorf 2-1 over the Goons.

A Bunch Of Goons wins 2-1 over FC Altdorf in OT. A fun match with some good tactical coaching on both sides. The Goons rack up over 90 blocks and 7 DP fouls which only result in 3 injuries. A late pass and run by a lineman seals the game as the FC Altdorf Ogre can't catch him.

A Bunch of Goons move on to face Gritter's Elite Robbing Hoodz for a spot in the Final. Another human team moves on... but which one?
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2010 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

GLT Qualifiers Overview

Old Teams

Skull Crushas - Orcs coached by Flix

Nandorins - High Elves coached by Kfoged

Cult of Shadows - Chaos coached by Nachtogen

Rata Blanca - Skaven coached by myself

-----

High CR

Mice Masters - Skaven coached by Gunslinger

BilemanĀ“s Sons - High Elves coached by rafadavila

Terrible Dancers - Wood Elves coached by Manp

-----

Chea..... Deserved Team

Quakers - Orcs coached by Resarf

-----

High TR

I Say You Fellows - Dark Elves coached by Malmir

ORC International - Orcs coached by Rijssiej

Wood Elves/Dark Elves

Orcs // Orcs/Chaos Dwarfs

-----

Forlorn Races

Los reencarnados celestes - Humans coached by ekiss

Pro Elves/Lizardmen

Lizardmen//Humans/Ogres

Humans/Humans

Races

3 Orc
2 High Elf
2 Skaven
1 Wood Elf
1 Dark Elf
1 Chaos
1 Human
Fela

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2010 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea why Armoured Warriors were retired in mid-tourney? Seems weird.
Alf115

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2010 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
Any idea why Armoured Warriors were retired in mid-tourney? Seems weird.

they sissied out
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW Milford is getting beat up on the picks so far...cant find a winner anywere.

Maybe I need to pull out the trusty magic 8 ball, sponsored by WK DarkAngel. Go for the 50/50 pick theory that has worked out so much in the past.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Magic 8ball says pick again.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2010 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:

High TR

Wood Elves/Dark Elves

Tekoda's Dark Elves Habs Go! (272/249) will face my Woodhead Wanderers (240/214) tonight at 21:00.

Free beer if you get the ref for me! Smile
 Jump to: