24 coaches online • Server time: 08:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2010 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT main draw **

Well Fumbbl fans it took me some time to get back but here Iam and ready for main draw of the GLT. The goblins will be out in force and cant wait to see them in action. It seemed like the qualifiers just blew by and a lot of "nice" teams came up short. The nashing of teeth and curses at Nuffle were flying. Which means a lot of coaches had a ton of fun.

Well lets get those picks made and see how this plays out. When ever a major is on the line the tension gets ratchted up a notch, the quality of play hopefully goes up two nothces and the bitching and moaning goes through the roof. Fumbbl Blood Bowl at its finest.

ImageOrc International
VS
ImageI say you Fellows

The Internationals once again find themselves in the main draw and are looking stout. They bring a nasty brand of Blood Bowl and are looking to take it out on those Dark Elves. But they are going to have to be in top form to win this. They have the talent and the tackle to win this one but it will be a fight. Some could say they got a bad draw for the opening round because the Fellows are a "finals" quality DE team. Canorc the legendary Orc Blitzer is going to have to lead the team to victory in this one. With his awesome skill set he should be able to clear a path and fill the CAS boxes to lead his team to victory. They will be giving up a handi but that should not matter in this match.

The Fellows are ready to advance deep into the main draw but will have to face one of the top Orc teams in the Fumbbl Ranked Div. It is going to be a uphill climb all game long as they are facing a nasty core of Black orcs and a stellar squad of Orc Blitzers. But they also have the talent to pull this one out IF they can stay out of the CAS boxes and play up to snuff. Just make this about scoring TDs and have a thick skin if the CAS do start to pill up. Johnny Bull is going to have to have a stellar game hauling the "rock" for the fellows. He has the ability to make it hard on the Orcs and will play a big part of the "stall" game plan that will surly be in effect.

This is a top rated match for the main draw of the GLT Fumbbl fans, a cant miss game to spec.

This is going to be close and really will come down to 2-3 key moments that will determine the winner.

Going with Orc International over the Fellows 2-1 in a nail bitter.

ImageTerrible Dancers
VS
ImageElite Robbing Hoodz

The Dancers are primed and ready and are a top notch Wood elf team. They have an outstanding core of players that will drive any team in the main draw nuts. They get a great opening round draw against the beat down human team and should be able to cruise to victory in this match. Just play it safe and try to minimize the CAS count against and they will be set.

The Robbing Hoodz are going to be hard pressed in this match. They are getting some handis but that will not be able to make up for their lack of talent against such a superior team. They lack any Tackle/MB combos and are light on tackle in general. Their two DPs are going to need to bring the golden boots and they will have to make every foul go for a CAS to help even out the odds. IF the early fouls go for stuns they will be in serious to fatal trouble. BUT the Hoodz do have the ultimate "glass cannon" who could help carry the day Pancho Villa, his speed an agility are the one edge the Hoodz have and IF he can get up and running he might be able to seal the deal late in the game for the upset. Or he just might get pounded into the turf and we never see him for the rest of the game.

Dancers should win this one early in the match and "walk" through to the second round.
Dancers 3-1 over the Hoodz. But tune in to see some stellar Woodies flying through the air, some gracfully dodges, the DP boots of the Hoodz, the glass cannon flying down field and the allways hopefully "Crack, smash and Pop" as woodies start taking on the CAS. It is allways fun to see the woodies get smashed to bits. That will never grow old.

ImageBileman's Son
VS
ImageEven Laster Chance Brigade

VIRUS ALERT WARNING!!!!
Bilemans is giving up 2 handicaps in this match and carry 6 players with niggle. IF the Brigade can some how sneak in the pink gatorade into the match it will be over before the coin flip.

Now IF that does not happen Bileman is still going to have its hands full. They are a typical High Elf team that has a bloated TR but dont jump of the stat sheet as a monster team. They do have the talent to win this match and are the favorite to win this opening round match. They just need to pound those elf catchers into the CAS boxes early and then start working over the Brigade with body blows. One of those matches were they need to lean more to the Bash side of things.

The Brigade bring Jordell to the match and have a solid core of players to lead them. They match up well and getting two handicaps will help them out. If they can turn this thing into a score fest and get the High Elves off the game plan of stall and bash they will be able to win this match. In a pure elf scoring fest they are well suited to win this one for the upset special.

Virus looms large in this one.

I just think the Brigade has it rolling right now and going with the upset in this match.

Brigade 4-3 in OT over Bilemans in a classic Elf match for our viewing pleasure in the opening round.

ImageRata Blanca
VS
ImageThid Skin

Rata makes another run in a majors main draw but this time around they seem to be not as loaded. They carry 3 nigglers and like all skaven team it is all about their Gutters. This opening round match against this weak Lizard team with only one tackle they should be able to carry the day with just the power of their gutters BUT they dont have firepower any were else. IF the lizards get a fast start and start filling up the CAS boxes early they will be in deep trouble. This game will be very touch and go from the start. It is imperative they take the initiative in the match and dictate tempo of this match.

Third Skin will have its hands full against those gutters but has a advanatage on the LOS and the ability to pound some rats. The stall and pound strategy will be in full force and IF they pull it out and get some love from Nuffle on the CAS rolls they will have a great shot to pull it out. Just need to get those gutters off the pitch and into the CAS boxes pronto.

This is a toss up match. It will be very interesting to spec this match. Speed of the Gutters VS the ST of the Lizards. No matter what you will get to enjoy viewing those LOS ratz just getting teed off on by the sauraus.

The WK Dark Angel magic 8 ball says:
Rata Blanca over Third skin 2-1 in a close match that comes down to a turn 16 defensive miracle play by rata to secure win. For if it went into OT they would probally lose the match.

So that is the top half of the Bracket and we have some stellar matches to watch.

Milford from the GLT will be back shortly with the bottom half picks and some more insight into the up coming main draw.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2010 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for predictions Painstate - even if you went against us again Smile I don't think the orcs are the only ones who can consider they got a tough first round draw!
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2010 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

As always, thanks for the predictions milford. I just wanted to add: Even with nigglers that is the best shape rata blanca has had in any major (with exception of their first fumbbl cup when their coach was still a noob) - last time i went into the qualifier with just one stormvermin, rookie gutters and entered the main draw in a terrible shape - its not that great now, but good enough to stand a long shot chance
rafadavila

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2010 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

against me again!!! lets see if i can do another prediction failure!!!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2010 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the press box of the Skull Crushas VS Quakers match **

(Milfords pick was the Crushas 2-1 over the Quakers, honest, its on my napkin from last nights trip to the bar)

Lets get some picks from the lower bracket.

ImageWoodhead Wanderers
VS
ImageNandorins

The Wanderers are set to make a run in the Main draw, they are set up really nice and have a nice core of Wardancers to lead the way. They pack a punch with some mighty blow but obviously dont like to "soil" their nice white boots, have no DP's. Facing down the Nandorins will be a challenge but they have the talent to get the job done.

The Nandorins are once again on the majors scene and ready to do battle. They also bring a punch and a DP to the match, a little lite on tackle but they should be able to handle the woodies. The Nandorins dont jump off the page but they have a solid core of players from top to bottom, a well rounded team

This is a toss up match. This game is going to come down to one thing. Who can get the CAS advantage early and leverage that to the max. Both sides are heavy on blodge and light on tackle so a lot of postioning and dodging will be on display in this match.

Well I will go with the venerable squad of High Elves to use all their veteran skills to bring home the win.

Nandorins over the Wanderers 3-2 in a close match that comes down to 2-3 key moments that will decide it.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2010 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your prediction, Milford, and I'm happy to have proven you wrong on the result. Also, it's good to see that our dp is well hidden amongst all the blodge. And according to the ref we indeed didn't soil our boots - that two High Elves had to leave the pitch when our dp stood next to them was mere coincidence. Wink
It sure was a close match though! It would have gone kfoged's way on a 4+ with reroll after that bomb.

The Woodhead Wanderers (266/247) will now face Flix' Skull Crushas (310/241), and we will play tonight around 19:00 bbtime!

Suffice to say my personal record vs Flix is 1-0-6, and the one win was with a TS advantage of about 70 points. Razz
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2010 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Fear not! Those orcs have a weak spot for elves. I know that from personal experience Razz
rackasaur

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2010 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How the heck has that human team with all of the niggles made it to the top 4??? That in itself is pretty amazing to me.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2010 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

rackasaur wrote:
How the heck has that human team with all of the niggles made it to the top 4??? That in itself is pretty amazing to me.

From what I saw: a heavy dose of the Count, a little luck, and some ballsy coaching. The bomber he's renting for the GLT was also a key.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2010 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well Fumbbl fans the opening round saw some upsets, some blood and some great matches. The second round is shaping up to be even better. The lower bracket just blew through and the Woodhead Wanderers and Los Reencarnados Celestes will meet up in the semi-finals. What a match by the Celestes, playing short manned all second half but some how making the plays to get the win or was it futility by the orcs? And the Skull Crushas just got run off the pitch by those woodies. So Orc International is the last Orc team standing, will they fizzle like the other two?

Well here we go Fumbbl fans.

ImageOrc International
VS
ImageTerrible Dancers

Well the Interantionals once again face a very dangerous elf team in the main draw. They are going to have to repeat their last game performance in this one to win. Stall and bash is the order of the day. It is simple really, just stomp on the woodies and get the CAS advantage and hold on for dear life. Canorc will once again have to come up big for the Internationals

The Dancers are in for a fight in this one. They benefited from one of the easier opening round matches but now square off against one of the favorites in this one. They are going to be hard pressed in this match. They just need to hold on and try to get that juicy turnover to get the advantage. They have a wizard so the fireball for the key turnover will be in full effect this match. They just need to hold on to get to that point. Stick and Move will be in effect and even though they will probally get outblocked by a 2-1 margin IF they can get in some timely blocks and punch the ball out they will be in good shape.

This is a great match Fumbbl fans. A classic Orc VS Woodie match. Both of these teams are stacked and are the front runners for the title. This just might be GLT championship match played 2 rounds early.

This is a really tough match to call. A lot of wild cards in play for this match. It is going to come down to about 3 key moments of the game which will decide the winner.

Going with Orc International 2-1 over the Dancers. The Wizard comes up short in this match and that decides the game.

ImageEven Laster Chance Brigade
VS
ImageRata Blanca

Well the Brigade is rolling but now face a superior skaven team. The score and keep scoring game plan might run into a snag in this match. They will have to get some bash going in this match to get some CAS rolling there way. They also have brought along a wizard to hopefully clear out the wide zones with a timely Lightning Bolt. IF the brigade can get some CAS on those gutters then they got a really good shot in this one. IF they dont get the gutters off the pitch then they will be going home.

Rata Blanca needs to get off to a fast start with an early score in this one and set the tempo of a high scoring affair and then just lay into the Brigade on the defensive side. They also have a grey seer in the crowd and bring Hakflem to help them out. IF they can get the CAS count going and get their Rat Ogre up and running they will be in good shape. I think the score and keep scoring gameplan is the way to go. Just make the elves play catch up on the score board and pick the elves off one at at time as they keep running up and down the field is the way to go.

Rata has it going this match and send the Brigade packing from the GLT.

Rata Blanca 4-2 over the Brigade in a really fun score fest for our enjoyment.

Semi Final Match of the lower bracket

ImageWoodhead Wanderers
VS
ImageLos Reencarnados Celestes

Well the Wanderers enter this match in good shape and are fortunate to be playing that beat down human team. They should be able to control the ball and the game in this one with ease. They just need to be leery of the Humans and not take anything for granted and play close to the vest. A conservative approach to get the win and avoid getting tied down in a bash fest are in order. They have 140,000 gold and dont need to spend any this match, they will have a nice treasury going into the finals IF they win. That large war chest could just be the tipping point of the finals match and give the Wanderers a huge advantage in the finals of the GLT.

The Celestes are going to have to dig deep and find a way to get the job done in this match. They dont have enough cash for the count so Zug or the Wizard are the way to go. I think they will bring Zug and take their chances. The only question is this. Can they repeat their second half magic from last match but do it the entire game? I dont see it happening. They played an inspired second half against the Filthy Orcs, a pondering, slow, dim witted, cant block their way out of a paper bag and just bungling crew of greenskins. These Woodies are polar opposites and they will not bungle their way through a half. It is going to be a climb up mount Everast in this one.

This one I dont think is going to be close. The opening turns will give us some hope that humanity will prevail and then we will be crushed as around turn 7 it sets in that the Celestes dont have a shot and get run off the pitch.

Wanderers 3-1 over the Celestes

If the Wanderers can get through this match with out taking any CAS and get 50,000 gold or more. Well they will be set for the finals and have a huge advantage to take home the GLT trophy.

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2010 - %11:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2010 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

rackasaur wrote:

Niggles only matter IF you are giving up handicaps. If you are allways the underdog then you can carry those nigglers and live with the one or two players who just might niggle out. Plus if you do niggle out that is why you have a apoth. Plus he cant fail the roll. Also if you are carrying a lot of nigglers you have proven that you dont fear the perm cas. So playing with out an apoth for the match is were the "juice" is for you.

Pixel huggers blanch at the thought of playing a match with out their trusty apoth, you know, elf baller types. Real Blood Bowlers embrace a no apoth back up match. And will cheer and go nutz when their players get smashed to kibble bits and take on some more SI-N.

Heck the Charioteers have shown us that for years!!!!

Dont fear the niggel!!!!!

** this is a paid advertisement by Hellfire Brew, the best micro brew in all of Norsca. The offical Drink of the Hellbound Charioteers.

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2010 - %22:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2010 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Pixel huggers blanch at the thought of playing a match with out their trusty apoth, you know, elf baller types.

Objection!
Elves are used to death and maiming. The real pansies that cry for the ref when you line up a gangfoul are the orc and dorf coaches.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2010 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
PainState wrote:
Pixel huggers blanch at the thought of playing a match with out their trusty apoth, you know, elf baller types.

Objection!
Elves are used to death and maiming. The real pansies that cry for the ref when you line up a gangfoul are the orc and dorf coaches.

I am Mightypeon and I approve of this Message.

P.S. REEEEFFF! They are gangfouling my S5 Saurus!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2010 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh MY!!!! Orc International takes it on the chin and bites the dust.

Another major when the greenskins get shut down and dont sniff the Semi finals. The Orc woes continue. Is it just me or was the zenith of Green skin power when the fleet foot revenge were on a roll last year? And then the dark day in the Lustrian and they get slagged and it has been down hill from there on out?

Looking to shape up as a all Woodie Final. Lets see if the Skaven and Pro Elves can save the day.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2010 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Being outcassed by the woodies and their wizard taking down 5 of my players was a bit too much for my orcs.
 Jump to: