37 coaches online • Server time: 10:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheCount

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a discussion/question about the GLT main draw, but this question will come up again for other tournaments.

Are teams allowed to enter a tournament (in this case the main draw) with non-selected skill rolls?

- I thought i would remember to a thread/tournament info which said "no"

If there already was a decision about it, i will apologize for my non-awareness Very Happy
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know, but I would say no.
p4m

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

never heard of a rule saying you have to take your skillz before.... next step is choosing your skillz blinded...
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think in tabletop you choose the skill at the end of the game so that your opponent can verify what you rolled. I don't recall seeing anything official on Fumbbl but White Isle league did have a rule about this for the start of a new season.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

why should they have to choose? Havent people entered teams into the quali's with out taking skills or waiting untill just before launch of next round to choose? I would assume somthing like this would fall under those types of categories which will include alot more micromgmt from admins. Possibly it can go even farther than that to include quick pre match hiring of players/wiz/star...

I would want to see my draw before i choose a skill, it could be a deciding factor especially with somthing exotic or mundane as do i need more tackle or dp
fly

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

teams with unselected skills are considered not ready, you can't apply for smacks with skill choices pending.i think some coaches powergame to the maximum when they don't chose their skills gained in a tournament when their next opponent isn't decided.

Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The GLT main draw has just been done with at least one team with skills pending, looks like that answers the question?

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 22:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It used to be that the site prevented teams with unpicked skills being scheduled in a tourney, now it is no longer so.

I raised it as a discussion with my team:

<PurpleChest> discussion point: 3 teams havnt rolled skills thye are due
<Rijssiej> yeah...cheaters Razz
<shadow46x2> meh, so?
<PurpleChest> sometimes, and i am not clear when, this stops the teams being drawn into tourneys, now maybe christer has sorted that. but isnt it a bit shitty min/max metagiaming?
<Rijssiej> it shouldn't stop them being drawn
<Rijssiej> never saw that actually
<DukeTyrion> Well, technically, they are allowed to chance any skill before they play another game anyway
<Rijssiej> yeah they are
<DukeTyrion> So, what's to stop them taking a skill, but requesting a skill change before the match?
<PurpleChest> Sad
<shadow46x2> meh
<PurpleChest> ok, i cannot over rule a site rule
<PurpleChest> so i guess we let it pass
<Rijssiej> it is ok
<PurpleChest> and just consider them metagaming shits
<DukeTyrion> Not saying i agree with what they are doing, just saying they are not doing anything wrong :-/
<shadow46x2> can we make a tourney rule that spectating your own match is bad juju?
<PurpleChest> we can
<PurpleChest> we can make a rule that you have to wear red underwear
<PurpleChest> buthow do we police it?
<PurpleChest> to what end does it serve?
<PurpleChest> and if its utterly easily avoidable, whats the point in another rule?
<DukeTyrion> I think the only reason PMG got caught out, is because he tried to talk to his opponent, but used the wrong chat window
<PurpleChest> yeah
<PurpleChest> so stupidity is the only way to be caught

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't own any red underwear, though......

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2010 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

answers the question indeed, and now there will for sure be someone cheering for me!!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2010 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So what is common practice in round 2 of a tournament is not acceptable in round 1?

I had no idea, honestly. Nor would i have imagined that this would be meaningful to somebody in any regard.

PurpleChest, you have prided yourself of "being the law" on many occasions. Please make a rule about this question that comforts you, I'll play in your tournament under whatever rules you present - absolutely no problem there.
But please don't insult me as "metagaming shit" without even giving me the chance to know your standards of behavior.
avien

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2010 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is this morally wrong? Would it make the tournaments less fun, if everyone did this?

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2010 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, the point I was discussing about PMG was with regard to him speccing his own games, rather than 'Skill Picking'.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2010 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hope speccing your own game is impossible under the new FBB client. That way you can discuss possible plays when they still might happen without giving a self-speccing coach an advantage.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2010 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Circ,
in the new client, you can see who is speccing - and you can't hide your name. So, unless a coach uses two accounts (which is forbidden afaik, but I may be wrong there), you can spot that coach and shut up. Ok, I admit that's less fun, but at least you can see when you can speak safely or not.

I hope that FBB forces you to stay with the LRB and pick your skill after the match (and no changing afterwards!).
 Jump to: