34 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Araushnar wrote:
Qualifier V

Apocolypse Sanctum (Dark Elfs 274/258 Maverick1980) vs Enterpainment United (Orcs 253/230 Candlejack)13 Darkies with a lot of Blodgers vs 15 Orks with 4 Divine Tackle and 2 Tackle. If the Orcs manage to reduce the numbers i predict a 2:1 after Overtime for the Orcs.

Boys in the Hoods (Humans 273/257 Diddyboy) vs Deepwood Death-Dancers (Wood Elfs 259/255 Malitrius)Both Teams field a full Team, but the humans have only 2 Tacklers. I predict a 3:2 for the Wood Elfs.

No Win No Beer (Dwarfs 261/255 azyz) vs Hiding in the Woods (Wood Elfs 247 / 250 Holydiver) 14 Dwarfs vs 15 Wood Elfs and a Handicap. The Dorfs have more experience and a high ranked coach. That Team won already 2 Qualifiers for a Mayor but i see no way a Dwarf Team can win this matchup except with lucky cas rolls. With average dice for both sides i predict a 2:1 for the woodelfs in regular play time.

Tlaxtlan Trashers (Lizards 268 / 257 Mightypeon) vs Rockhard Hats (Chaos Dwarfs 242 / 229 StanRichardson)15 Chaos Dwarfs vs 16 Lizards. 2 Handicaps for the Dorfs and 2 ST5 Bullcentaur combined with a lot of Tackle, MB and Dirty Player. Mightypeon is a very experienced Lizard Coach but in this game are the odds vs the lizards. I predict a 2:1 for the Lizards but with heavy losses.

Considering my game:
A relative lack of guard on the blockers may be a bit of a break, but it will be the usual thing with Lizard vs. CDs: If I isolate his Bull centaurs early enough I win, if he dishes out enough to prevent me from killing them after isolation he wins.
I kinda lack any "Megaskinks" to win with a severe player shortage.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian opening round **

Well we have had some good action the first few days of the tourney to wet our excitment for the first weekend of action. The first weekend allways offers the most games which makes specing the tourney alot of fun.

So get set and ready for a weekend full of action...Iam sure there will be a lot of upsets...a lot of deaths and a few good rants on the game comments on how they got "robbed".

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I was robbed!

I DEMAND a "clash of the titans" showcase game against MrFoulscumms goblins.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian **

I have just got wind of an official investigation going on at Lustrian HQ.

It seems the Blood Sea Buccaneers are under investigation for some serious under handed stuff.

It seems the Buccaneers are flooding the market with bad press....under investigation for importing some skaven brew that looks like a variant of Moreleys, which according to officials if released into the Slann communtity could act like the plague...There was also reported a shipment of Pink Gatorade that arrived yesterday that is Spiked with a deadly virus....Reports are also coming in that knuckleduster and DP knife boot sales have spiked by 16 in the last day...Also a rumor of a witch hunter with a order to arrest any DE blood bowler within 20 miles of the stadium. And the last charge is the most blantant violation...It seems the Buccaneers invited every ref at the lustrian to a 5star resort 2 days before the tourney and gave them the time of their lives...It seems the Booty Pirate girls were also in attendance...we dont know what happened...but I wish I was there...So obviously the Refs are now suspect to bribes in both those matces. Also one ref showed me a collectors coin that will be used in the tourney...but it was provided by JJ Jones Jr the owner of the Bucs and man is it heavy and shifty.

Stay tuned for further reports on what if any actions will be directed at the Blood Sea Buccaneers.

Last edited by PainState on %b %14, %2010 - %07:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

And for good measure Krikack Part Duex the possesed and tormented Ogre issued this statement last night after 3 Kegs of Bugmans XXXXX-Lustrian:

"BAH!!!! get out of my face!!! Isa going to bash and mash, rendsa, and eats any darky I see on da pitch....No queer team is gonsa beat us....what dat you say?...qwerty,,whats dat?...What ever!!!"

Thats the living legend for yah...he aint that bright but man can he bash some skulls and has some moves for that inspired TD every once in a whille.

This ad was paid for by Nike Blaze...the best Blood Bowl gear in the old world....just check out what it does for the Buccaneers...imagine what 6 Longbeards with our gear could do for you.

Last edited by PainState on %b %14, %2010 - %05:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford issues out a loud cough **

Can we please have the GLT predictions moved from sticky and replaced out with the current tournament predictions page.....Back to the blood.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian **

Well Fumbbl Fans we have a great opening round match that you got to see.

From qualifier IV

We have the XFL Vamp champ the suckerersImage going up against Fumbbls premier Norse team the Hellbound CharioteersImage.

This should be a classic pile up fans. On paper the charioteers are looking good but virus allways looms large for those guys and giving up 2 handis could make this game very tricky to win. But they do bring the "boots" to even the odds so that works in their favor.

The Vamps have some really nice Thralls to aid them in this one but will those underdeveloped vamps hold them back?

This one could go either way and should be a really fun match to spec.

I will go with my gut and take the Charioteers 2-1 over the vamps in a really close opening round match.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2010 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian opening weekend **

Well Fumbbl fans the opening saturday did not disapoint and Sunday looks like it has a full slate of games...One of many highlights from Saturdays action.

A bunch of Greenskins getting rolled by SHEEP!!! And No I have not checked out the replay...and NO I dont know what handicaps they got and NO I dont know what stars they bought and No I dont know if Silly had "relations" with Nuffle the previous night...All I do know is that a Fling team took down a Orc team in OT....How does that happen? the shame and humiliation for all of Orcdom right now. What an Epic win for the flings and the theory that the little guys got no shot.

Yeah ok....BUT Flings just beat orcs in a major...nuff said.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2010 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Trashers are out! In a game that showed that firing coaching stuff pre game angers Nuffle, they totally faeled to deal with 2 Blodging S5 Bull Centaurs, despite Surfing them, 2 Dicing them, forcing them to make Dodges....
Special notice goes to a the Dodging prowress of the CDs, who made every single Dodge roll.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Rata Blanca 2 - 1 Bongo Fury

I really wouldnt want to put money on the winner of Name is Bond 1 - 0 H0rnsw0gglers! Both teams have very strong coaches and are closely matched... while orcs have a natural advantage over dwarfs the orcs are clearly clearly suffering from a guard deficit and look quite vulnerable to a couple of early injuries.

PainState wrote:
All I do know is that a Fling team took down a Orc team in OT....How does that happen?

Me, Nuffle, and a goat. Bringing a whole new meaning to the word "sacrifice".

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Lomack

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

did anyone see Ground and Iron's victory over Earcandy in qualifier XVI coming?

<a href='http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3053508'>here's</a> the match report:

hint - look at the two dead players.

(p.s no idea why my link isnt working)
asharak

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

here's the match report
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

News from Lustria: Allow me to bring you the latest news as Milford is still busy with an investigative report on Wood Elf cheerleaders and Steroids.

One of Fumbbl´s Famous Tourney Teams Fleetfoot's Revenge I has been kicked out of the Lustrian by the mighty Ogres of Win Cans.

Now bloodbowl fans form the Chaos Wastes to the Old World ask: Will we see a Vamp or Halfling team named Fleetfoot´s Revenge I´s Revenge soon?
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:

Me, Nuffle, and a goat. Bringing a whole new meaning to the word "sacrifice".

Hmmm i guess the goat was doing the "sacrifice" part then....
shusaku

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2010 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

asharak wrote:
here's the match report

I predicted exactly that result on first page Wink
 Jump to: