15 coaches online • Server time: 04:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from group 2 second round of the main draw playoff **

Well Fumbbl fans lets break down the last two matches from group #2.

ImageH0rnsw0gglers
VS
ImageMageritt Revengers

The W0gglers are going to have their hands full in theis second round match. Squaring off against a really nice Dark Elf team. They are going to have trouble in this match. The W0gglers are basically a 3 man team with some chumps to support their triplets. They are lead by Pootash a really gifted orc blitzer that has all the moves, this guy if allmost Griff like in his skill set. He is aided by his two wingmen, BoB's that bring a mean fore arm shiver and will plant you in the turf. Gritznuts this guy is big and mean and has a fascination of nutz and teef. His fellow BoB Malki this guy also will bring the thunder. But his claim to fame is killing a lowly goblin to skill up to 16+, that must have been a golden goblin, stuffed and standing on his fireplace mantle in his cave. If their star players cannot get some early CAS rolling and really upset the Revengers plans they are sunk.

The Revengers game plan is simple. Pick on the chumps and contain the triple headed monsters of W0ggles and they will be cruising to the win. They will also be getting 2 handicaps to help them. Just try to stay "clean" to the best of their ability and avoid the CAS.

Revengers are to much and take this game 2-0. The Triple headed monsters get overwhelmed and cannot stem the tide of Darkelves.

This is one of those games that a loss will probally find you on the outside of the swiss tourney. Both teams need the win to set up the final game.

Imageqwerty team
VS
ImageNandorins

The qwert's come into this match as heavy favorties and should be able to dictate the flow of the game. Just play it conservative and see how the match develops. Either a slow methodical approach or the run and gun approach is perfectly fine.

The venerable Nandorins find themselves once again in a main draw and for the first time just want to go home. They are down 3 men, they are beat down and beat up. Their is a cloud of doom and depression over the fan base of the Nandorins. They just dont think they have a shot in the 3 game swiss and just want it to be over with. But the players are still up beat and think if they can pull it all together this one game they are still in this thing. So expect the Nanadorins to give it %110 and play this game like it is their last.

In the end that will not be enough. Qwuert's take this one 2-1 as they deny the Nandorins in the closing turns as they drive for the tieing score.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords back page editorial **

Well Fumbbl fans we are at the deadline for round one of the 3 game swiss playoff and we still have 2 unplayed games. The Top group knocked out their first round but now have gone dormant with no games played. Group 2 has all euro players in it and are basically on the same timezone +/- 1 hour. Come on lets get this thing knocked out. I know the coaches want to draw in the big specatator game but lets get to the semis before we start worrying about game times for the specs to enjory. The bottome bracket does have some coaches way out of the euro timezone so the delays I can understand.

At the local bar the big discussion about the playoffs is will any of the coaches just blow it off once reality strikes home that they have no shot to advance. I assured everyone that the final 16 coaches are all top notch and would not take the "cowards" way out and bail on their games. Lets hope Iam not wrong.

The other big discussion was how unfair the Swiss playoff is for some teams. BAH!! this is blood bowl!! man up and play the teams in front of you. Win and you advance, lose and you go home. does not matter if its KO, Swiss or round robin...WIN AT ALL COSTS. Yeah I know that means the winner of the lustrian will have to win 8 games which is allmost as much as the FC, but who cares..Of course if the Revengers win the thing we can all claim they only had to win 7...that missing last team could have been the end of the story for the Darkies in round #1.. Some one needs to take over the head coaching job of Filler those guys suck and need a strong head coach.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords job requirements for the new Filler head coach **

1)Deep hatred of all pickers
2)the desire to cause as much pain and suffering as possible
3)must throw 16 fouls a game
4)must coach a tr100 goblin team with no trolls/stars or wizards.
5)must have the desire to show up for the first round of a major and get smashed but have a smile on your face.
6)must accept the fact that you will probally lose every game as head coach.
7)must make your first and only round opponeet cry and moan that he got drawn against Filler the terrors of the first round!!

Any takers for the job?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

isnt this that skolopender dude you just described?
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2010 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian HQ **

I stoped by the HQ to talk to PurpleChest about the upcoming Fumbbl Cup. But I was denied!!! His secretary, who is really to good looking for the comish, said he was unable to talk and would be out of the office for atleast 2 days. I accepted that on face value and turned to leave. When his office door opened up and Lord Chirster himself walked out. I saw behind him the "chest" was behind his desk with his inner circle of advisors. They were very angry and agitated. As the door closed I heard PurpleChest yell out these remarks to the wall as he took another slug of Lustrian Brandy.

"I go out on a limb and try something new, like a swiss, and 4 coaches dont even have the respect to get their first round played. WE have under 8 hours to get the last two games played and I have not heard hide nor hair from them."

as the door closed I beat a hasty retreat to the mens room which is an adjacant office and pulled out my trusty magical listening devices. Normally I only use them at a match so I can hear what is going on in the dug outs but this was to good to pass up.

I missed some of the conversation but this is what I caught.

"You know I went out on a serious limb here switching it up. And now I fear some coaches are behind me cutting the limb right out from under me. I want some heads if these yahoo's dont get this game in by thursday night, you hear me! I got all this FC stuff to worry about. The housing arrangments in Altdorf are messed up for the tourney. Some Tilean circus will be in town for the first 2 weeks of the Tourney. We need to figure out a way to have an "incident" to keep that damn circus out of Altdorf. Iam not staying in some run down joint on the row of a 100 taverns. BAH!! some one find me some more brandy."

"I think we need to contact that guy who owes me a favor to....." thats when the toilet flushed and Lord Christer came out of the stall right behind me as I was kneeling down pressed against the wall like some common peeping tom. Christer just belowed out a laugh and washed his hands.

Needless to say I did not utter a word and just walked out with my tail between my legs.

Interesting goings on in the Comish office today...lets see how this breaks down and what if any actions the "Chest" makes.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2010 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the second round of the 3 game playoff **

Well Fumbbl fans the second weekend of action has kicked off and it looks like Atei and Nandorins have been mathmatically eliminated from the main draw. So they take on spoiler for the third round. Will they kill off an aspiring teams dream of making it to the semi finals?

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2010 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I really love reading this stuff. Good work!
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2010 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the second round of main draw action **

Well Fumbbl fans the second round of action is getting set to close and we still have 2 games left in the lower bracket. Lets take a look at these games.

ImageBavaria Rules
VS
ImageCattle Mutilators

This is a classic Chaos VS Chaos match for our enjoyment. The blood should be flowing in this one and expect a very high cas count for the Specs enjoyment.

Bavaria has been rolling but now comes along a team that bash just as good as they can. They are down a CW but hired Ripper for the match. They are going to be hard pressed in this match because the Mutilators have the firepower to match them CAS for CAS.

The Mutilators come into the match getting 3 handicaps and that will greatly aid their efforts. If they can pull Iron Man then they will be in great shape.

This match will be a classic slug fest of titanic proportions. Stand in the middle of the pitch and just beat the crap out of each other. It would not suprise me if there are under 6 players left on each side at the end of the match playing.

It really is a toss up match that comes down to the best destroyer of pixels.

Going with the Mutilators in this match, just because they are getting so many handicaps.

Mutilators win this one 1-0. The Bavarian squad just does not have enough players on the field to get the tying score over the end line.

ImageEnterpainment United
VS
ImagePor Tutatis !!

Well this is a very interesting greenskin match up. It is allmost a perfectly balanced match in terms of TR/TS and team make up. It is a true mirror match

This one will come down to ever can get control of the LOS and dictate the flow of the game. Which ever team can manage that will have the upper hand. I expect the CAS count to be low in this match so it should be a really fun tactical type of game.

Tutatis is playing down a BoB and the Untied crew does not have some +AG working in their favor. Their is a slight edge to the United crew in this match. But can they leverage that small advantage to put them over the top?

It will come down to 2 or 3 key plays to determine the winner.
In the end due to neither team having a large advantage and both teams fear of losing they will play it close to the vest and take no chances.

Game ends in a 1-1 tie and move on to the third round and go all out for their spot in the Semi Final.

Last edited by PainState on %b %13, %2010 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2010 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian **

Well the Cattle Mutilators VS Bavaria Rules did not disapoint the specs as both teams stand in the middle of the pitch and lay haymaker after sucker punch with a few fouls thrown in for good measure...The stack up the CAS boxes...After 16 turns the refs step in and send the teams to their dugouts and check the score board 0-0!!! also the ball was just left on the ground after the kick off...it was not neccesary in the match, only elves worry about such trivialites.

** Milford from the Fumbbl referee committee hearing **

At every major the refs all come together and discuss issues related to the refs. This meeting was about the new era that Fumbbl is embarking on. Allready the refs are wraping their heads around the new FFB rules and figuring out what they need to do. But there is one thing they all agree on...they cant wait for the switch. The bribes alone will make them all filthy rich!!!! There is still a lot of work to be done but I get the feeling if anybody tries to mess with the Bribes there will be hell to pay. These refs are a greedy lot and they are getting ready to buy those beach side retirement homes in Tilea.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2010 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well another team has been eliminated. Geenz United was knocked out over the weekend and will play for pride in the 3rd game. Maybe squish some elves heads and break some legs to make those greenskins feel good about themselves and increase their self esteem.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2010 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Complicated Elves just take it to the Fumbbl Cup V and get the key win. They are now the heavy favorites for the semi final. BUT they take it on the chin and get beat down. But they have enough left for the 3rd game. These guys are looking like front runners to winning it all.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2010 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well another team falls by the wayside as the Por Tutatis !!! have been eliminated from advancing to the semi's.

Last edited by PainState on %b %14, %2010 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2010 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the final matches of Group 1 of the main draw playoff**

Well the final matches are set and we have a 4 team race for the final 2 spots. The action is going to be fierce, under handed, brutal and GLORIOUS!!!

Lets take a look at these matches.

ImageEnterpainment United
VS
ImageBavariaRules

Enterpainment enters the match in great shape. They are a quality Greenskin team and have a loaded roster. They will "bring it" to the Bavarian squad and should be able to push them around. Control the LOS, play it conservative, that is the ticket in this match. Cage and grind will win the day in this match.

The Bavarian crew was rolling until the Mutilators might have mutilated their chances. They took a lot of damage in round two and come into the match down their AG5 CW and lose the services of their star player DP. They only have 12 players and no cash to help. They have to some how stay clean this match when it comes to the CAS and delvier some devastating blitzes. IF they dont get the CAS counter moving in their favor they are done. They dont have the Baller skills neccesary to win this alone. Get the grind and pound game up and running and count on Khorne to show favor on those block and cas dice.

In the end the Enterpainment crew is just to much to overcome. United over the lads from Bavaria 2-1.

ImageCattle Mutilators
VS
ImageFerelve Farcity

Well this match will probally fill the second spot in the Semi and the Cattle Mutilators are in a bad spot in this match. They had a pound of flesh taking out of their hides in round two and are down a CW and a Beastman for the match. They do have some cash so that might help out. But this match is trully a one and done scenario and going up agains Woodies it is going to be a uphill climb. The plan is simple, stack up the woodies in the CAS box and win the game the old fashion way.

Ferelve is set to advance to the Semis. Play the "elf" way and start racking up the TD's. They have a huge advantage when it comes to skills and they should be able to "ball" there way to victory. Just stay clean on the CAS front and they will walk in this match.

Ferelve is just to much to handle and they take this one easy in a 3-1 win and advance to the semi's.

ImageYellow Fever
VS
ImagePor Tutais!!

Well the Fever are still in the running but need the Bavarians and the Mutilators to lose and they win this and get in on tie breakers. They have the power to win this game facing a weakened Greenskin team. Just play it consevative, get the CAS rolling and take the win.

Por Tutatis is out but they have a shot to take down a mutant in Yield, a CW with two stolen magic artifacts of power, this guy needs to hit the pitch hard. The greenskins are playing for pride and I expect them to come out of the gates looking for blood in this match.

Yellow Fever is to much for the depleted greenskins and edge out a 2-1 win in the closing turns. But they dont get the breaks in the other matches and are left out of the Semi Final round.

Imagegreenz United
VS
ImageAtei

greenz enter the match facing 7 dark elves. They will just roll in this match and get bumped from the Lustrian on a high note.

Atei just wants to get this thing over with. Expect them to get out of the way of the Greenskin horde and just try to leave the tourney with the players they have left.

So Iam going with Farcity and Enterpainment to take the 3 game playoff and advance to the Semi Final round.

Its looking like we will have a elf and Wood elf team in the final four.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2010 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from Group #1 **

Well Enterpainment United takes the qualifer with an undefeated record. It also looks like the Bavarian crew has been bumped from the Semi Finals. It all comes down to the Farcity VS Mutilators match...Winner of that match takes the second spot. IF a tie happens then Yellow Fever is still in the running if they can pull out a win and get a tie breaker to fall their way.

A very interesting match with a lot on the line in Group #1.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2010 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That win also opens door for the Cattle Mutilators. They need draw with plenty of cas and they are most likely the team #2.
 Jump to: