29 coaches online • Server time: 12:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the group thread for the Infinity Open. All chat, announcements etc will be via this thread.

If you want to sign up for this group, please apply via the tournament page
NNNChef

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Has a coach to play a game if he is challenged or is this a cherry picking league?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

NNNChef: This is an Open style tournament and whilst I would encourage people to play each other when the opportunity presents itself, there are no rules for forcibly accepting people to play when challenged. My intention is that the tournament is running for a variable period of time until I call "last week" and then there will be a rush to get games in. Ultimately, those who play the most will have the best chance of winning the tournament, so hopefully that will alleviate the cherry picking...

Also, to everyone else, I said that "Open or dX" Teams... by this I meant that anything that wasn't an LRB/Open race was a dX race, but I have been mistaken...

But still, this league has no structure and hence I am not going to kick teams out for not being an Open or dX race... we have one Cheaters team and one Chaos Pact team already... if you want to play one of these wacky combo's or something else - feel free!!

We have about 8 teams so far, so come on in and sign up!

Clay

PS - I am an Aussie, so due to time frames it will be a lag before I respond to you Euro/American types Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok - We have had 13 teams I think sign up in 24 hrs... thats good progress!

Once we get to 20ish teams, I will set up the first season and hopefully I will be doing that tomorrow!

Reminder though, teams need to be brand new TR100 teams (of ANY race) - I have had one or two "nearly" rookie teams sign up but unfortunately I have had to knock you back... if that's you, please come back and submit a new team.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This tournament will be commencing in about 8-9 hrs when I get home to set it up - so if you are interested in signing up, please do so soon!

Reminder - new teams of TR100 and they must be Tournament Division teams...

21 teams are in already, but more are welcome!
zimonyi

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I am intrested in joining, but I don't know how to do it. I never saw a "Sign up" button anywhere. Help?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Zimonyi - in my first post is a link to the tournament page (it is also off the News section on your Overview page as well)...

Create a new Tournament Division Team of any race and apply at the bottom of the Infinity Open group page.

But be quick, applications close in a few hours... then you will have to wait for 5-8 weeks for Season 2.
zimonyi

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's just that I had no team there to select. I have started a new team and I am waiting for approval Will join you shortly hopefully.
zimonyi

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhhhh, does it have to be tournament division? Didn't it read Open and dX etc? Or have I misunderstood something? I am quite new to the site and it's functions.
zimonyi

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I have changed the division from Open to Tournament, hope that is enough.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have attempted to start the league and apparently you need a number of teams that are a factor of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc) to start...

We have 24 or 25 teams or so, so we need some more coaches to get to the magical 32...

I will throw my Open teams as place markers and can replace them as new coaches sign up...

Clay

PS - zimonyi, you're in....
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay, you shouldn't need to if you're planning an Open Round Robin tournament... should be able to have as many teams as you like?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i realise my mistake... idiot i am...

Tourney will be up soon - have a couple of coaches entering teams right now....

Good Luck All!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

An excellent first day of the Infinity Open saw 12 sides make their debuts! Congrats to you all, but especially Topper28 who managed to get 5 games in!! Consequently he has rocketed up the charts on 14 pts and a TR in the 140's...

We also have 32 valid teams and I am considering making an Infinity Cup tournament as well... I will set it up shortly and you will be randomly drawn against each other in a pure KO style event... it will be good to get the guys who missed out on an Open spot to get a game as well...

Perhaps somebody can win both the Cup and Open double??!!

Rules for this Cup will be posted later on the Tournament page...

Clay
Topper28

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking foreward to a knock-out tourney. Should be loads of fun.
 Jump to: