19 coaches online • Server time: 03:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2010 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the FC **

Well Fumbbl fans Iam back from Lustria and ready to go for the FC. Cool The FC allways gets the juices flowing and I get all excited. Laughing The Fumbbl Cup is allways a grand spectacle that all the races from the Old World look forward to Smile . Entire countries shut down for the 2 month long tournament as teams from all over the world compete in the largest and toughest Blood Bowl tourney in the know world. Shocked

I will be wandering Altdorf getting the pulse of the tournament as the teams are starting to filter in. I will keep an eye out for the front runners and the dark horses. And as allways keeping watch for those teams that spend the last week getting prep matches.

So every one get your teams ready and get them applied. With Box and Ranked both in the tourney this year I would hope everyone would apply a team and make this the largest FC ever!!!

Lets get ready to have a great tournament.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2010 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the FC **

When I was on my way back from Lustria I was part of a heated debate about the new format for the FC. I seems that the some coaches believe that the Box teams have no shot to compete against the "pickers" in ranked. That the advantage is to large to overcome. So what do you guys think? Also lets here from the Box coaches who are primed and ready to storm the FC and take some Ranked scalps. I want to here from the Box coaches on what team you are bringing. The Forums have been fileed with Box VS Ranked talk for a long time. Well now is the time to put your pixels were your mouth is! Lets take this debate to the pitch and see some BLOOD!!! Because we all know the debate will never end but it will give us a distraction as pixels are smashed, coaches dreams of glory crushed, teams slagged and retired and hopefully a nice thread of all the dead pixels... Man this years tourney is going to be fun, I cant wait.

(note: I really like it when someone compiles all the dead players and puts them in a Dead players thread...I realize it takes a lot of time, I just hope someone takes up the challenge for the FC and comes up with a dead players thread, with full comments by the coaches and fans of the dead pixels.)

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2010 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=606519 I think this team has got as good a chance as any if it enters. Box has just as good a chance as ranked IMO. Anything can happen once that whistle blows and the ball is kicked.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2010 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=606519 I think this team has got as good a chance as any if it enters. Box has just as good a chance as ranked IMO. Anything can happen once that whistle blows and the ball is kicked.

Sorry, just can't see this at all. I say 1% chance, only because 0% seems a bit harsh Wink

None the less, it would be nice to see an Ogre team do well!

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2010 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Those ogres are only doing well in box because they get to play so many bashers.
They played against elfs 3 times and never beat them so they won't be doing good in the FC.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2010 - 19:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

While it is not 100% decided yet, i shall probably bring a [B] team to the FC IX.

I sort of feel i should, and as my larger B teams still get games, unlike my R teams, they probably give me the best shot i can get.

Dissapointingly, early sign ups show the [B] players arn't exactly flooding to the FC. So far around 10% of entries are from [B].

Maybe it's just that the R teams can be pimped up easily and hence were ready to apply as the applications opened, while B teams may feel less ready, despite the warning i tried to give them.

But i won't be placing any money on a [B] team taking the FC home.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford from the FC **

Well I called in some "markers" and I have managed to twist the arm of Lord Borak and Mighty Zug to give us there expert picks on the Fumbbl Cup. So all tourney long keep an eye out for the Lords and Zugs picks alongside Milfords. Also expect some expert insight into the game from these two legends.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I put in my [B} team, Obliteration. Doubt they'll be able to beat the beastly teams in [R] but we'll see.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Emeyin wrote:
I put in my [B} team, Obliteration. Doubt they'll be able to beat the beastly teams in [R] but we'll see.

They have all the required skills neccesary to deliver a lot of pain.

Milfords tips for success in the FC or any major.
#1: Must get a good draw in the tourney
#2: Play "sound fundamental" blood bowl
#3: Get some love on the CAS against
#4: Get some love on the CAS for
#5: Have some luck fall your way
#6: And above all dont get taken down by the spiro effect: That is when the dice dont seem to be falling your way and you blow a gasket and throw your arms up in the air and baisically throw in the towel on turn 6 and call it quits. A perfect spiro is after this event you take screen shots of the most offensive dice result and post it on your bio and relive the moment for 3 years.

By playing sound fundamental blood bowl you can avoid the spiro effect and pull the win out of your butt. And yes sometimes Nuffle takes a crap on you and there is nothing you can do...so I say rage against the Gods and push forward.

Milfords top 6 things that must happen to advance far in the FC has nothing to do with your actual team. Barring of course bringing a TR 125 team or a fling or gobo team.

Box teams might seem lacking in certain areas but they more that make up for it in bash power. And the point that Box teams will have trouble hanging with the high TR elves....Me thinks even the ranked bash teams will have a hard time. But on the flip side I would like to see a 8 DP Khemri Box team show up against a ranked wood elf team and hear the WE coach blow a gasket and go spiro effect before the game even starts. No Ranked WE team has ever faced such a monster.

Milford last thought on this matter...the chances of any coach winning the FC with over 700+ teams is under 1% maybe hovering around .02%...Regardless of your team there are to many rounds, to many bad things that can happen in 8+ matches...The teams that advance to the final 8 IMO will have passed all of Milfords top 6 things that must go right in order to advance far. Well some might say then it is all luck...nope. Those teams then passed the 7th test...they never gave up and played to the whistle.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="PainState"]
Emeyin wrote:

And yes sometimes Nuffle takes a crap on you and there is nothing you can do...
quote]

Sometimes Nuffle delays this a few rounds and just when you're beginning to think he's constipated it comes like a torrent, not just ensuring your exit but in the process dismembering most of your team.

Oh and I'd add an eighth to your list - play well. But without your other seven it won't matter.
Gran

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think there'll be quite a few really good bashers coming from [B], and while I don't think that they will have much chance for the title they might well cull the chances for quite a few pimped [R]-teams on the way. I think I will come down to, as has been pointed out, the fact that they aren't built to handle high TR elves and that they lack funds.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

my box teams are virtually better by now then any ranked team... that has been that way for at least a year, so it isn'T really much of a question.
For the honor of the box! Very Happy

Nah but it is certailny true that R is the better league to build a team if you have people you can use as opponents. It's just very exhausting to trim a team like that. The higher you get, the harder negotiating gets... basher skills become a problem... that might be an actual advantage of box...
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my box necros are in, now i just need to get a few games under their belt before the draw. I want to be the first box team to have a ranked zombie playing for them!
Calcium

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

By playing sound fundamental blood bowl you can avoid the spiro effect

Is this like the Lynx effect, but with dice?

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2010 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The brave black sithi will also take upon those ranked cherries as current black cup champion. We are on a mission to unite the Cups. So cheer for the woodies.
 Jump to: