45 coaches online • Server time: 15:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Vigil has indeed decided to opt out of season 3.

The league structure will remain unchanged, however. We will have 4 Divisions of 6 teams each, with the numbers in Division 3 (the lowest division) being made up with extra teams from our 3 most dedicated and active coaches (you, me, and neverborn).
These caretaker teams will be replaced as soon as is possible by the first 3 coaches in the Qualifying Pool (apart from those coaches who already have a team in the Divisions) to play a total of 5 games.
Consequently, the restriction that was in place on Qualifying teams to play a maximum of 2 games per week has been lifted. Teams in the Qualifying Pool are still not allowed to amass more than 10 games in total though.

Playoffs have started for Div 1/2. Get into them! Playoffs for Premier/Div1 will start as soon as the final placings in the Premier have been decided.
I will hopefully be playing Vigil in his last game (for a while at least) tonight. PLATYPUS and whitey are scheduled for tomorrow night I believe...

Division 3 is now ready to go again, so all involved can play those games at will! Smile

So Clay... you still gotta play and them filthy Norse have still got to win to halt their seemingly inevitable slide! Razz
I want you back up here so I can get a crack at you again though, so Gooooo Dragons! Wink

More importantly though... Gooooo CARLTON!

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

No worries....

Who though is moving up to fill the gap in Div1?

The skinks move up as Div1 Champs...

The next two (Anvils and MadBoyz) play off as do the Zons and I... the Sinners are gone to be replaced by the Creepers... but who moves into Div1??

Should my playoff go ahead and simply allow Chaosium up to Div 1 along with the Creepers?? and consequently the gap in Div2 be filled by First AND second of the QPool qualifiers...???

With Vigil coming out at the top, there is a gap where the #1 ranked Div 1 team was...

Questions... questions... questions...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I am an idiot... I just read the Prince Reagents come in for Vigil...

d'oh!

Game on people... ignore the stoopid Clay!
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Taken from the tournament guidelines
"2nd and 3rd will play off against 5th and 4th from the Division above respectively for Promotion."

So Anvils and Madboyz dont playoff... Madboyz plays the winner of Maniac and Scumbags, while Anvils play the loser of that match (unless the League win their last match).

So come on Premier teams ... hurry up and play
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops... forgot to ignore the stoopid Clay
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to get my head around the whole thing too as I thought for a second that you might be onto something there Clay... my pitiful mind is strained to the limits!

Bloody hell, it's too hard, just forget the stoopid Clay Twahn... Wink

The Group page thingey is very confusing and probably should be ignored. I-House will actually be in Div 2 and the Elwood Saints will join Div 3, which sorts it all out.

whitey

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Renni, if the scumbags win tomorrow night they won't be playing no stinking playoff match. They'll be top 3. I've been kinda busy, but i was online alot last week, just Plat had some hassles. 9 Sydney time is the starting time for our match, I think, New Zealand is 2 hours later than us right?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

correct
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Blue Mountain Dragons 5 (YES 5!!) defeated Chaosium Ad Nauseau 0

Read all about it in the match report linked above...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, so we're in D2 now... prepare for smacking gents

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

**LEAGUE NEWS**

I've tried to cut down on the info on the Group page a little to make it less of a chore for everyone to read. I haven't been too successful but it's a little shorter and more accurate. Good news! Wink

There's been a slight alteration to the Playoffs for Div1/Div2. 2nd placed Infectious Groove will now automatically promote to Div 1 and Bring it Zon will need to play off against 4th placed Archfiends of Atrocity. This is due to the shuffle-up required with League of Exhumed Gentlemen retiring. Apologies...

It looks as though I may have to forfeit my match with Vigil, as I've been chasing him around like a headless chook and he still isn't able to turn up or commit to a time for our game. I'd prefer not to for several reasons (foremost being the tongue wagging that will come with the commish forfeiting a game in favour of himself and thereby handing himself the Premiership Title...), but what can I do? I won't be able to play now (Weddings, Parties, etc.) until Sunday evening (perhaps maybe tonight) which will hold the league up too much I feel...

The restriction of 2 games per week in the Qualifying Pool has been lifted. Also, as we have 3 caretaker teams in Division 3, the first 3 teams to complete 5 games will be immediately promoted to fill their spots. Get them while their hot! Smile

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So my Stoopid post above WAS correct.... what has happened to the Prince Reagents coming into Div 1?

Twahn, I for one will not say a word about you awarding your own competition to yourself via a forfeit... ** cough ** cough **
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Prince Reagents were never going to enter Div 1, they were just going to replace Darkfall Sinners who, though they were in Div 1, would be relegated to Div 2. I represented this in a very confusing manner (confused myself even) on the Group Page but this has been fixed now and should be 'As Clear as the Beer Brewed in Carlton'.

cataphract

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I beleive Vigil is without internet at his new house for the time being. he is doing his best to remedy that situation...

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I see Merv has made 5 matches... a Div3 Spot should be yours Merv!

C'mon QPool... only 2 more Div3 spots left!
 Jump to: