13 coaches online • Server time: 07:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya Slothman. Good luck.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PICNIC not a PICNIC for Prince Reagents!

A thrilling night match in teh off-season Gentleman's Picnic occured late last night with Prince Reagants (recently promoted to Division 1) squaring off agains the much maligned Chaosium Ad Nauseum (CAD).

In a tense struggle, Coach Elan proved he was no gentleman by sneaking Star Bull Centaur Hthark the Unstoppable into his lineup against the Elven Princes. Hthark's impact ranged from none whatsoever to extraordinary, but overall CAD proved itself to still be something of a challenge despite near relegation this season. The CADs managed to force Overtime and responded valiantly to a quick touchdown by the Princes, leveling the score in the 4th to 3 all. Poor ball placement in the 5th saw the Princes push their way through a line of CADs and charge into an almost undefended end zone. Htark attempted to destroy the ball carrier to no avail and eventually managed to dodge himself face first into the pitch due to effective shadowing by once of the Princes. A strategic delay in crossing into the Zone by the Princes saw the CADs with no chance of equalising and the final score was 4-3 with a hard earnt victory to Prince Reagents.

The victory was truly hard earnt, with two players killed (one was resuscitated) two seriously injured and two badly hurt, compared to only one badly hurt chaos dwarf. The CADs are currently chortling at the thought of the depleted elf team facing up to Premium Division 200+ teams in the next round, and have firmly set their sights on winning a few in Season 4.

Plaudits to Covert for excellent coaching, but it must be said that the CADs were out there to damage the squishies, not to win! Twisted Evil
Babs

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya!

Is it possible for someone to change the topic of #swl to plug Leviathan?

http://www.westernsuburbsgamesociety.com/tourname.htm

It's on _this_ weekend (in Sydney) and We'd love to see more people come to play BB.

I'll be there - and we'd love to see it a big tournament. Cost is only $25 at the door, with lots of cool miniatures (including a BB team or two if we get enough players to warrant it).Runs Saturday and Sunday.

Its an official NAF tournament and the winner gets free entry to MOAB!

Interest, confirmations of entries and questions to: andrewemma1@optusnet.com.au

Obviously I don't want all that in the topic, but if people could get the word out and more importantly come that'd be COOOL!

New to FUMBBL!

Have you signed up for the Feudball Novel yet?
Twahn

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Done. Thanks Babs. Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Babs! I think I know who you are! I will be at Leviathan... I play Living Greyhawk at the Blacktown monthly and was planning to go to Leviathan for that...

I recall last years Bowl tournament didn't get off the ground... will it definately be going ahead this year?
Babs

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Last years did get off the ground. It was two years ago you're thinking of.

Last year we had 6 coaches. This year we already have 8 (with many planning to register on the day.)

I'll be there - Clay - come and say boo!

Twahn - thank you! I wasn't sure how appropriate plugging RL tournaments was. You're a champ.

New to FUMBBL!

Have you signed up for the Feudball Novel yet?
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye... here's me looking forward to MOAB again, but I'm sadly working for Leviathan. Just letting you know, Babs, the temptation is always growing to turn up and play an absolutely bash-crazy team next tourney Smile I won the sportsmanship once, now it's time to break some hearts Twisted Evil

Cheers to Elan for a spot-on match report, and may I say that my elves' squishies were well and truly squashed Sad

However, the Princes are delighted to have overcome the freakshow of Sparticus's Sewer Pipe Dream just in time to face some more dwarves, depending on who comes out on top of the grudge match between the Chaotic AFL All Starz and the Southside Stone Smashers.

Once again, people, let's see a mutual bloodbath, with Av9 being broken all over the place, and fouling to attempt to gain numerical superiority. Maybe both sides invading the pitch.

I thought Dwarves were supposed to be hardcore Wink DO SOME HARM!
neverborn

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh

only pussies would do less than 5 CAS in a dwarf v dwarf game

hopfully they will both get the ref!
FLo711

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

... and then each other.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

FLo711 wrote:
Quote:

... and then each other.

... and then the fans get them all? Let's all just hope for some serious lids getting nailed onto coffins... however it happens. Smile
neverborn

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh

i hate it when people nail funny lids on coffins

totally inappropriate.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

lids? what about serious lids but funny nails?? Those rubber nails are a killer...

(this is a shocking joke - where's ozjesting when you need him!)
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I am far too busy shoveling the remains of halflings and beastmen off my fields to worry about helping along this gallows humour. To see the jokes I AM struggling with...be sure to tune into 2BL 720 on your AM radio dial tonight at 5:30pm for TGIF with Richard Glover and my own fine self Wink Also, I will be dragging the sorry cousins of the Black Crowes out to the big Levathaian tournement...hope to meet some of you there. (I'll be the one who looks like me)

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

just to clarify:

my joke was good, clay's joke was bad.

that is all.
neverborn

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

QOUDDLE ALERT

all unplayed first round games will be cancelled tomorrow afternoon!!

This means whitey, covert, theo and elan need to get their games on or face the wrath of me.
 Jump to: