13 coaches online • Server time: 03:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
erikekers wrote:
On1 wrote:
Yes or it could be moved to blackbox. Now there's an idea.

The rest of Ranked already has!

Huh, no it hasn't. The number of games played in Ranked daily has remained pretty much unchanged in the last 30 days.

I suspect this is due to people getting in last-minute (last-month?) work on their Ranked teams, or saying goodbye to their ogres/khemri before the nerf-bat comes a-callin'.

Personally, I've played nothing but Ranked since B died out months ago, except for the past few days since the release of FFB in B. Since that time I've left my Ranked teams on the shelf to play with the shiny new toy.

When FFB comes to Ranked, I suspect a strong contingent of the recent B players to move over there.

I also suspect that if/when the Warpstone Open is announced, the client/division chosen to host it will see an upsurge in play.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie, I admit that Ranked hasn't changed much, but since it's been slagging ever since the announcement of the migration, I think the massive spike in Box games can safely be said to include some former Ranked players.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford crawls out from under the snow bank **

Well FUMBBL fans I have just heard that PC is about to speak..Lets take a look at this public address.

PurpleChest wrote:
As I havn't put it into the calendar, and as there is nothing anywhere saying when it is planned to run except the admittedly ambiguous 'January' on the 'tournaments' link. And as the schedule page for the Warpstone Open is clearly still showing the dates for 2010, i would love to know what you believe has been promised to anyone in terms of when the Warpstone Open for 2011 will run.

It will run early in 2011, and will form the first of the majors to run in the ranked division in 2011. i will say that much.

but for now, that is all.

Well that was interesting fans. Lord PC opened up the 3rd story window/door and addressed the rabid fans from his balcony.. He was dressed in the finest fur coat from Kislev and had his official robe of his station as the Lord of all majors.

Standing in the throng of fans it did seem that PC got a cold response from the fans. The presentation was one of nobility that just rubed the fans the wrong way, us peasantry would be told how it is, was how it was received by the fans.

A few fans came up to me and increased my vocabulary on the various ways to say...stuck up nob, he can shove it were the sun dont shine...I have to say alot of these prhases were very catchey and witty.

But beside the air of noblity that was heaped onto the fans of FUMBBL from on high I was able to determine a few things.

It looks like the WO will be run under FFB...Also it seems to me that IF the box conversion goes as planned, which it never does, then the Ranked conversion will not be that far away.

So I will go out on a limb and say it would not suprise me if the WO kicked off the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb. Which if the Major schedule is held in place with no changes will not effect the later tournaments down the road...usually there is about a month break between the GLT and the Lustrian. So the schedule will not get thrown off that bad.

We will see how it all breaks down and hopefully someone in the Majors HQ suggests that Lord PC attend some sensitivity training. He is coming off as a lordly nob and the teaming mass of FUMBBL fans does not like a lordly nob, no matter how much gold we spend to attend FUMBBL matches.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh! Ooh! Purplechest!!! Pick me as a spin doctor! Here is a free sample:

"I'm aware that the tournament page implies a January start for this event. You will note that the page is largely out of date, and we have been intentional in not promising anything, due to the current flux of the site. We are glad that you care, but all speculation at this time is pre-mature. We will update you when something concrete develops. Any complaints in the meantime can be referred to Painstate, who clearly has too much time on his hands. Thank you."

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see Milford telling it like it is.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Has there been any update on the WO in the last week? Official or unnofficial?

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 15:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The current plan is the Warpstone Open will be the first Major to run in R once R converts to the FFB client.

I am away for a week, after that the situation may become clearer. i would hope to be able to give some indication of what Tournaments will be running, in what divisions, some time after that.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds official enough for me, thanks for clearing that up Purplechest.

I'd be correct in assuming then that the WO is delayed, but will be run in FFB, once current [R] teams get ported over in a similar fashion to the old [B] teams, but there is no guideline time limits on for now, just 'when it's done'?

Awesome!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss my Ranked teams. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I truly hope Pass Block will have been properly implemented by then. Would suck to see gutter runners with a 20k penalty without the ability of gloriously intercepting passes thrown by inferior-lesser race-things.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

should ranked teams have the option to stay lrb4, I'll be shifting my ogres and former [F]action amazons into that league.

the amazons will begin training in the art of anti-khemri/ogre warfare. they will take on all khemri and ogre teams possible.

oh yeah, thanks Milford for the news!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my Ranked teams have been idling since FFB came to the Box. I'd have some decent options to choose from:

Orcs - Around 2200TV, can't go too badly wrong there
Wood Elves - Around 2500TV, with a ton of stats
Ogres - Just under 3000TV, Screw FFB, if the conversion leaves me with 10 ogres I might bring them, along with 3x DP snots and an AG5 snot Smile

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
The current plan is the Warpstone Open will be the first Major to run in R once R converts to the FFB client.

I am away for a week, after that the situation may become clearer. i would hope to be able to give some indication of what Tournaments will be running, in what divisions, some time after that.

Allow me to spin this in a palatable way!

"The current plan is the Warpstone Open will be the first Major to run in R once R converts to the FFB client.

Purplechest is away for a week, after that the situation may become clearer. He hopes to be able to give some indication of what Tournaments will be running, in what divisions, some time after that."

yw again! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Those Ogres would be awesome in FFB. you do get to keep the 10, until they are whittled down to six. Those niggles would be a lot less of a concern too. And the AG5 snot with two AG3 Ogres would be great for TTM.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2011 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been away for a while, what happened in WO 2 years ago?
 Jump to: