12 coaches online • Server time: 05:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2011 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

for the R majors i presume most teams will be built for LRB4 still. I guess some experience on FFB majors and inducements is still needed in here

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2011 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Are there any threads about how to build a winning team in the Majors?
Specifically newer threads that take into account the rules in FFB?

If not I think it would be worth starting one... however "theoretical" it may be at this point.

Also is there a user guide for Newbs that suggests how much your team should be developed before thinking they could compete in a Major?

Well lets get this out of the way. This concept that there is some magical build for majors is false. The larger your TV does not mean you have the best team. Now the larger your TV the better off your team is on paper from top to bottom.

This idea that you can: Pimp, cherry pick, play soft matches, screw areound with the scheduler or some how grow your team to huge TV levels by using these tactics are TRUE and FALSE.

It is true you can do all those things to soften the chances to take perm damage and CAS whille prepping. It is also FALSE that this in any way actually helps you when the tournament kicks off. Way to many things can and will go wrong during your prep time that will set you back on your perfect plan.

The perfect plan is have a TV goal in mind. Get your team to that level. And hope you made the right choices on skill up placement. Have a team plan set.

Once the actual tournament kicks off it does not matter one bit how large your TV is. It does not matter at all.

Way to many random, out of your control scenarios can and will show up that cause you to lose in a major.

Just off the top of my head.
1)Your team forgets their armor
2)Your team loves to sit in the KO/CAS boxes with the "babes"
3)You cannot pick up the dang ball
4)For some reason your opponeet allways seems to blitz off the LOS on kick offs
5)You cannot catch the ball
6)You are afflicted with skullides and cannot roll anything but skulls
7)Rocks seem to appear in the sky and allways smash YOU
8)For some reason your opponeet just seems to be able to do nothing wrong this match, how odd.
9)For some unkown reason your pixels are just "off" for the match and it seems like you are allways stuck in nuetral.
10) NUFFLE hates you...yes it is true...HE HATES YOU!

11-101).....the list is actually this long.

So as you can see...prepartation does you no good in the long run. The only thing that will carry the day are these 3 things.
1)You "coach" your team on the pitch to the best of your ability
2)You get some luck
3)And then once you get some luck, divine intervention will carry the day.

Iam tounge in cheek about this because my 35+ majors matches has taught me all these lessons. The vast majority of teams and coaches who have won the majors have two things in common.

1)they played to the best of their own ability to actually play this crazy game. They made very few "mistakes".
2)they had some luck fall their way. That is not a negative, that is blood bowl. If you play in a 7 round KO tournament. Well at some point you will need some luck at some point.

BUT luck will not carry the day. You need to do both.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2011 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and my evidence of all this.

Remeber back in the day when the cheaters were caught? Do you remember on the prediction pages alot of coaches going off about luck and NUFFLE and could not believe that some 147CR coach diced them....and then the cheaters were caught and when you looked back a few pages on the prediction thread the majority of the coaches crying and carrying on about luck were the CHEATERS themselves?

They believed that by cheating and having a large TR team with NO PERM DAMAGE was the key to success....when the cheaters were uncovered there were only 2 of them still in the tournament...the vast majority of them were knocked out in the early stages. That is my evidence that preping for majors in the end is not the be all end all of majors.

Some coaches just rally around the preping for majors is bad/unfair banner to justify why they personally dont like majors. ranked, box, tournaments in general, pickers, cherries, boxers, min/maxers and sometimes you.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2011 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford back on the job **

Well this is great news!!! I just trashed out my hot dog vending cart and broke it up into a hundred shards of wood and left it in the street. Iam back on the job and ready for the kick off of the WO....Headed off to SkavenBlight right now.

Back in bussiness and ready to cover some major's action.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2011 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
for the R majors i presume most teams will be built for LRB4 still. I guess some experience on FFB majors and inducements is still needed in here

I will assume the majority of the Warpstone Open participants have been playing in the box so they are familiar with all of this.

But it will be interesting to see how all the converted LRB4 ranked teams adjust. The vast majority of them have not gotten 10+ games in the FFB client and still have LRB4 builds and have not adjusted to the new skill combos and such, on one level I dotn think it matters one bit. But it will be interesting to watch on the pitch.

So the best way to test out this theory of does it matter is with the live fire test. Real Blood Bowl with real blood and guts and bodies flying off the pitch...no class room discussions.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to change the team with which you've signed up for a tournament (before the draw, obviously)?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Is it possible to change the team with which you've signed up for a tournament (before the draw, obviously)?

If you ask an admin kindly.
 Jump to: