38 coaches online • Server time: 09:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

outofcontext's Midgard Norse faced my dreaded Backwater Back Ups in a make-up game and emerged relatively unscathed. out ofcontext is now a full member of this tourny and will play games weekly.

Match Report

The macth took place in front of a capicity crowd in the Underground Thralloseum. The undead crowd wanted blood and the Norse crowd wanted beer. It was Norse blood that would flow this day.

The Norse took a quick 1-0 after a blitz gave them posession of the ball (It landed on his player on my side of the LOS). The norse got a second blitz the next kickoff but it availed them not as the murderous minons of the macabre marched down the field knocking out blitzers like Mike Tyson on crack. The undead pulled even in turn 8 of the first half.

The Norse drive to start the second half began well but stalled along the sidelines as the casualties mounted up. The undead took the ball and marched downfield, and with only 6 Norse left on the field the undead drive looked unstoppable. Until, a zombie, caging the ball carrier rolled doubleskulls, leaving a 1d block on the ball carrying ghoul. Alas, the stalwart Norseman was unable to bring down his foe and the undead rolled into the end zone for a turn 8 TD. Final Score Undead 2(1/1/1) Norse 1 (0/0/0).

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished the first match report for the Golden Halibut Clan ... it is a bit of a read, but I hope it is worth it Smile.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=248842

-Mnemon
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Could I request the team coaches to write something on their games... some have done so, but the other side always seems to be missing something... maybe... a report...

This could help me out a lot...

Thank you already

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Finished the first match report for the Golden Halibut Clan ... it is a bit of a read, but I hope it is worth it Smile.

-Mnemon

ROFL! Brilliant

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Finished the first match report for the Golden Halibut Clan ... it is a bit of a read, but I hope it is worth it .

-Mnemon

GREAT!!!

If everybody else would do such huge scale reports, I'd be out my job.
<b>Excellent!!!</b>

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Mom,

Me is writting, writting wells now as yoo can sees. An 'ere is du match we jus played.

Artyfact, Whuts Dat! 2: 0 Fumbbl Memerrobilia

Wus a close matches but thut the score dusnt show. Wus a good starts wif too of dud ded peoples goin straight to du 'urt pile cos du ogres got miffed. Buts while du ded peoples was worried wiff du big guys we walked du ball into their end zone. Wus 1-0 wif none of us it bad yet.

Then du ded people got angry an tried to 'urt du little ones. We 'ad lille flingit kicked in du goonies by a ded guy an 'e wus out, an as gone 'ome now to see his mom, will miss 'im next match. But du good fing wus thut we ads nicked du ball backs from du scary peeps and wif du helps of du big guys we wus runnings away with it. 'an so we wons the match wiff another run , du only bad fing bein dat du chief 'ad been ganged up on an wood miss du next game, but 'e is cleverer and 'arder so will be fine me finks.

til next time mom 'ere is my report,

Bashit

Flings Rule!
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL!!!

Very personalized for your team... very nice!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing as in depth as Alones report on the match but gotta be a gobbo writing, Ogres not learnt that trait yet, or at least not overly leggibly.

Flings Rule!
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>FACTS ABOUT LEAGUES WEEKLY AWARDS, OUT NOW! :</b>
The media at Backwater Bilge has met at the beginning of this week and decided to start a weekly award system, that awards players from all areas of play. The awards include <b>Muddy Water Weekly</b> for the most violent player, <b>Black Eye Weekly</b> for the best player, <b>Leopal Weekly</b> for the best stunty player and <b>The Bilge Prospects of the Week</b> for the best team. The awards are to nominated at the end of every week, and it is suggested that players awarded with these awards should add them to their player bios (or team bios, of course)

Thank you.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There are still many teams, who haven't turned in their match reports. It's not a must, but makes the tournament so much fluffier. So as mentioned:

<b>Gentle Giants Huris
Backwater Banqueteers
Beer!!!
Hades Little Helpers
Hiding under the city
We suck too
Central Elves
Cloackwood Ravens
Bilge Boozers</b>

Could you write even few words. It is nice reading the reports and it gives <b>SURTUR WEEKLY, the official Backwater Bilge Tournament Paper</b>, more depth...

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i would lvoe to write a report, if i jsut could =\ so bad at that..... hate summaries and stuff cause i just can't do that =( sorry
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It is okay... no problem. Everything here is done on a want basis, so it is not a MUST thing.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The first edition of my weekly tournament newspaper is ready. <b>Surtur Weekly</b>, for your reading pleasure.

Any comments of the paper should be posted to the Surtur Weekly thread. I like to hear what people think of it.

Thank you.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 1 is over. Thanks to those who got your games in (9/10).

n3m3ysys and BloodRunners have one more week in which to prove themselves reliable or they will be replaced. Since their game did not happen and neither of them contacted me I just forfeited their game and gave them 0 points each.

With EMU Season 2 just ending, I probably won't get around to writing the weekly report this week until about mid-week.. still got a few trophies to design Smile And I want to watch a few of the replays in this tournament before I do any writing.

Please feel free to play week 2 games!

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Have the groups changed or something? My next game is against Lizards but in the draw i dont have any Lizardmen in my group. Should i play the game, or is there something wrong?
 Jump to: