81 coaches online • Server time: 21:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dorf

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting, got a new divx team I'll save just for this. Very Happy
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're going to set-up a league within divx I'd suggest using the current list of 18 teams (20 if you include the halfling and goblin rosters) and not allowing duplicates of teams. Meaning you'd get one team of each race represented. Have 9 or 10 teams in each div. and play each team in both divisions once. This would allow us to get an idea of how the experimental teams perform within a league. At the end take the 5 top teams in each division, the top team in each division getting a first round bye, and have a playoff.

If you should decide to use this format, just use a first come first serve basis for selecting races. Also if you should decide to use this format I'd like to play in this league and give the rotter team a shot.
dorf

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If you decide to use Nightbirds suggestions, then I suppose there were other coaches here ahead of me, but I'd like to request Orc since this is my third dx team so no open slots and would have a hard time deciding on who to retire.
Baldrox

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm game too Smile (with Amazons)
duderman

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i'lll glaldy commish the other conf my email address is duderman@blackplanet.com, imo it should be 8 to 10 teams in a conf with no more than two teams of the same race and preferbaly in differnt conferences, that way we can truly test out the new teams since that what the div x is for. Second i think everybody shouold list what team they would play so we can get an idea of what the league is working with. I'm not picky so i 'll choos e any race that not picked yet or well liked like the halfings for example i might not win the conf. but i would have fun trying or at very least pull off an upset here and there.
armchairwarrior

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll take vamps if i can
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I'd be interested as well!
It might be a good idea, if only teams play each other, which have the same number of matches played, that could be an important balance-issue.
So there should be some kind of schedule perhaps (if that wasn't intended anyhow).

so long

Mira
GameAvatar

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

sign me up and drop me a line to let me know what I need to do
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in!

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmh, depens of details. If you have to put one of your open or divx teams to league and from that on play just 2-4 matches/month with that it does not sound all that appealing, but maybe, just maybe... Smile
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, ok we got 15people interested now! only 5 more needed! We have been lucky in so far to duplicate teams, so just to let you know whos in with what!
TamperMagnitude - Chaos Dwarfs
SpIkEdDeAmOn - Dwarfs
PhilMan - Chaos
White Elephants - ( need to choose )
OgoPogo - Khermi
Chappy - ( need to choose )
ArmchairWarrior - Vampires
erwinhightrain - ( need to choose )
Dorf - Orc
NightBird - Rotters (i think there is a lot of hostility towards Rotters so if possible could you please play another team?)
Baldrox - Amazons
duderman - Hehe i could put you down for halflings! but you can wait see whats chosen here!
Mirascael - ( need to choose)
Game Avatar - ( need to choose )
Barash - ( need to choose )

Right those left to choose please put in this thread or PM either me Tamper or Philman! dividing between the conferences wil be decided to create a good balance of bashy and dodgy teams! Right well i would hurry because if you like to win you dont want to get stuck with the flings or gobbos! Choices left are :-
Norse
High Elf
Wood Elf
Goblins
Haflings
Humans
Ogres
Necromatic
Undead
Skaven
Dark Elf
Lizardmen

Now unless ive left my brain in bed again (come on its half 11 in the morning give me a break, i can still taste the toothpaste!) then those are the last choices! So elf players are lucky! well lets get this league going fast guys! oh yeh and need 5 more players still!
darkersun

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me up!!!!

/DS
absentmind

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm in
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

TamperMagnitude - Chaos Dwarfs
SpIkEdDeAmOn - Dwarfs
PhilMan - Chaos
White Elephants - ( need to choose )
OgoPogo - Khermi
Chappy - ( need to choose )
ArmchairWarrior - Vampires
erwinhightrain - ( need to choose )
Dorf - Orc
NightBird - Rotters (i think there is a lot of hostility towards Rotters so if possible could you please play another team?)
Baldrox - Amazons
duderman - Hehe i could put you down for halflings! but you can wait see whats chosen here!
Mirascael - ( need to choose)
Game Avatar - ( need to choose )
Barash - ( need to choose )
DarkerSun - Lizardmen
Absentmind - Ogres
Scipio - High Elfs

Teams left are -
Norse
Wood Elf
Goblins
Haflings
Humans
Necromatic
Undead
Skaven
Dark elf

Come on nearly got enough i think 2 more people and were done!
capitan

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am up for a league!

Ciao,

El capitan
 Jump to: