48 coaches online • Server time: 14:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Well FUMBBl fans the titanic show down is set and ready. The Finals for the UI will have the former WO Open champion, still maligned due to the infamous "birthday team" tag, squaring off against the venerable 6 Hooves Under. It should be a titanic show down of might, blood, gore, fouls and a dust cloud of violence on the LOS.

Black Album and Rata Blanca could not slow down these juggernaughts and they came close but were cut down one game short of the finals.

ImageSix Hooves Under
VS
ImageExtraordinary Brotherhood

Well the Hooves bulled over the competition and find themselves in the promised pasture. They are rolling and looking good. They have done this with out the mega bull and play solid team defense. Their LOS of CD's are stout and they will give the brotherhood a fight on the LOS. For them it will all come down to how well they control the "trenches" and can they safely get the ball into the hands of their bulls. They will also have 400,000+ gold in inducement money to play with which will give them a lot of flexibility on which way to go. I fully expect the wizard and a bribe or two to show up for this match.

The Brotherhood have waited a long time to return to the top of a major. 3years ago the pundits had them winning every major for the entire year after their birthday pimp job. But as we all know it never seems to work out that way. The Brotherhood have refound their "stride" and are pounding their opponeets into the pitch. They have enough claw to chew up the CD's so they should be fine when it comes to the throw down in the middle of picth. Of course Ripbrood needs to be in top legendary form, if he is, well then the Hooves will be in deep troll dung. iam a little concerned about the Brotherhoods lack of star power in the Chaos Warrior postion but they have covered for that admirably all tournament long, so I dont think that will be an issue for this match.

Well this match should be a titanic show down. Two bashers squaring off in the middle of the pitch and laying into each other. This match will teeter on two important events in the match..1)Can the Hooves get the ball into their bulls hands with out any screw ups and 2) I firmly believe that the wizard will show up for the Hooves, will he fizzle or shine?

The other big key to this game will be can the Brotherhood shortman the hooves by taking out all those hobs? If the hobs are gone by the end of the first half the Hooves will be slow, no ag and just stuck in the mud.

And the last key of this game...if the CD's hold the line and their armor is stout. They will be able to start taking out some key beastmen and maybe, just maybe end the run of Ripbrood. IF Ripbrood goes down in the middle of that cloud of dust and does not emerge, that will probally crack the Brotherhoods defense and mean victory for the Hooves.

Oh I cant wait for this match.

This one is close, it is a toss up. 4 or 5 key plays will decide this match.

Extraordinary Brotherhood adds another trophy to their case and take this one 2-1. They hold on in the end. Both sides will be beat up and beat down. I expect that both teams will only have 6 players left on the pitch in the closing turns and the lack of ag and mv for the Hooves spells their doom.

Last edited by PainState on %b %20, %2011 - %20:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well bull "fever" is sweeping the streets as the fans of the 6 Hooves are going crazy at the UI...Bull "patties" are all the rage with the street venders and the sales of the allways fun sack of Bulls "balls" necklaces are flying off the shelves.

Commerce on the streets is now "popping" which is allways good for the finiacial side of the game.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well FUMBBL fans I have been searching for the Brotherhood for two days to get some comments about the upcoming match but I was at a loss when it came to finding them. I got a tip today of their wereabouts and low and behold I found them at Big Als gym, pumping iron and getting the "burn" on.

Coach Alibaba it seems is now a follower of the "burn". His life is completly centered around pumping iron, felling the "burn" and getting ripped. He told me that was the key to the Brotherhoods turn around. It seems all those years hanging out in bars, drinking 17 pints a night and hanging out with the women of the night was not a good tactic for peak performance on a Blood Bowl pitch.

So for the last half year he has his team in the gym for 6 hours a day pumping the iron and working on "core" drills. This has proven to be the edge for them on the pitch.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2011 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

the final will take place tonight some and kick off some time between 21:00 and 22:00

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2011 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Angry fans rioted in the streets and made the arrival of the brother hood to the cardinal stadium impossible. Six Hooves Under waited in vain as the brother hood was held up by rioters in there player hotel.

A new attempt to get the final played will take place Thursday. Same time frame.

the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2011 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2011 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Welcome to the club Qaz.