56 coaches online • Server time: 21:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Enigma179 wrote:
Bello Gallico vs. [R]essurecting [R]ats
Hard not to be biased predicting my own match, but I feel there is some wasted TV in the skills taken on the Orc's players, and with many bench players, the Rats should be able to avoid being too outnumbered by the second half. The orcs also have a large bench, however this isn't as important for them, and may end up just bloating their TV. Rats win, but it's close.

and this is why people shouldn't be predicting their own brackets...

--j

A touch harsh perhaps, but I still think the orcs have to be the favourites here.

3 MB tackle will hurt, and a st 4 sure hands blodge ball carrier means that retrieving the ball off him will hurt.

That said, 20 completions and strong arm on an orc thrower are never a good sign...
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Is 20 completions on a dwarven blitzer a good sign...?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict wee lil gits (halflings) going to lose against Hammer > Anvil (dwarfs) but never say never. Lil guys are happy just to participate in this huge event

Last edited by Henekka on %b %12, %2011 - %22:%May; edited 1 time in total
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Henekka wrote:
I predict wee lil gits (halflings) going to lose against Hammer > Anvil (dwarfs)

Stranger things have happened, but sadly, this is one of those unfortunate match ups. In other circumstances, I'd have been totally rooting for the Gits in any match they were in, and I'll probably be the only one rooting against 'em come game day.

9x MB (and 5 of those with Tackle) is just a ready-made disaster for av6 + Stunty.
Araushnar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm i just thought bring your humans because they are good vs all the elfes and it seems a lot of guys thought the same:-)
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

nevar! the most inflated lizard team shall win, even though it has possibly the worst skinks for playing against elves!
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Is 20 completions on a dwarven blitzer a good sign...?

You are abusing ag3 and not developing other players.... they want to play ball, too. 20 completions on 3 longbeards would be a good sign...
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 12, 2011 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

:-/

Well, I'll work on that! Probably not in the major, though... But you never know!!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

** Ulthuan entry port #2 pier #7 2 Days ago**

The Blood Sea Buccaneers make port and have finally arrived for the UI. On Pier 6 the Extraordinary Brotherhood is unloading and right behind them is the Hellbound Charioteers, as the Bucs enter port the Hellbound give them the one finger salute. On pier #1 a small army of port guards has it blocked off as 7 skaven ocean going ships are docked. Teams, coaches, fans and stow away’s are all trying to get through customs.

The Bucs unload and mill about smartly as the port authorities search the Bucs ship for illegal contraband. Ten minutes pass and then the LT of the watch calls out as he emerges from the forward hold. Coach you got questions to answer. “we found traces of warpstone and performance enhancement drugs in your beef jerkey. Now there is not enough to hold you out right but you will have to defend yourself in court on these charges .” “what? Who? Were?....what is going on? So some rats were in the front hold, so what? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.”

As the port guards leave the Bucs reenter the ship and search the forward hold. Their pirate hold was compromised and the 20 cases of slim jim beef jerkey was either missing or eaten. Hundreds of wrappers litter the hold. The Bucs apothecary inspects the partially eaten jerkey and suspects that skaven somehow enhanced the jerky with a powerful +st and +ag enhancement drug. “So some Skaven scumm got a free ride and stole our slim jim’s and drank half our rum? Well that’s it, we need to find out who and take them out.”

**Ulthuan last night**
“So which skaven teams made it here? Well we have 11 skaven teams checked in through the port but one team checked in that no one knows were they entered the elf lands.” “let me quess, rata blanca checked in but no one knows what port.” “how did you know?”

(opening day of the UI)

Coach Hicksey and Brady James were in the players entrance for the Rata Blanca opening match. Coach was really mad as he was looking into the Rata bench area as the rats were chewing on his slim jims. As the Rata go in for their 6th score coach lets out a stream of chewing tobacco on the ground, “Ok brady, when we meet these vermin, we plant them in the pitch, forget the ball, forget the score…we play to kill.”

As Coach Hicksey leaves the stadium he hears the cheers as the Rata go in for their 7th score. The rage is burning, the fire in his belly is a furnace..Some rats are going to have to pay and pay with rat fur.

And unfortunalty a lot of other teams will get in the way of the Buccaneers swath of fury of death. That is how Blood Bowl goes sometimes, other team get slagged for the infractions of other teams.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2011 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

So what are the favourites?

What are the highest TV teams out there?

For anyone's information, I'll be playing my 2nd round game vs BattleLore's orcs Sunday at 2030ish server time.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2011 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The dwelfballing Agility Monsters are scheduled to play 410k uphill against Rraavvaattzzeewwaa (lizardmen) for Monday 22:00 bbtime.

Watch, laugh and have some fun! Smile

Post   Posted: May 15, 2011 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Oh my what an opening weekend for the UI. A lot of upsets, a load of OT games won by elves under the new sudden death rules and a lot of the big name teams getting bumped in the opening round in heartbreaking losses.

Some notables that made the opeing round exit.

The WO runner up Chaos Waste Crushers.
Blood Sea Buccanners
Death Valley Daze
Hellbound Charioteers
Paladins of Purple

Post   Posted: May 15, 2011 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords Back page editorial **

Once again PurpleChest makes the opening round swan song. I understand that PC would never use his postion of influence to "cheat" his way past the opening round. But based on the number of opening round exits from majors, which is becoming almost a common occurance. I believe PC should reconsider his stance and get in the gutter with the rest of us and attempt to use his position to at the least get more favorable refs for his matches. These opening round lossses have to start grating on the nerves of PC.

SO get off the high horse and get down and dirty with the rest of us...get some bribes, use the DP boot and bend every single rule you possibly can to get the win.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2011 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect Christer ordered PC to use the anti.petew.dice.client for tourneys. It gets its numbers from petew´s dice rolls reversed, so if petew rolls a 6 in a game, purples client gets a 1. If petew would roll a 1, purp would get a 6. This is to make us believe that fummbl is a non-cheating site and that admins dont have a special client (which is happily used by christer and the other admins Wink )

The anti.petew.dice.client includes losing all coin tosses ofc.....
Enigma179

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
Enigma179 wrote:
Bello Gallico vs. [R]essurecting [R]ats
Hard not to be biased predicting my own match, but I feel there is some wasted TV in the skills taken on the Orc's players, and with many bench players, the Rats should be able to avoid being too outnumbered by the second half. The orcs also have a large bench, however this isn't as important for them, and may end up just bloating their TV. Rats win, but it's close.

and this is why people shouldn't be predicting their own brackets...

--j

A touch harsh perhaps, but I still think the orcs have to be the favourites here.

3 MB tackle will hurt, and a st 4 sure hands blodge ball carrier means that retrieving the ball off him will hurt.

That said, 20 completions and strong arm on an orc thrower are never a good sign...

Hehe, yeah that was probably just wishful thinking on my part.