52 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
turboraton

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We should advertise FUMBBL using PC. Something among the lines of "You have shiny graphics, we have an admin getting crushed OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER on the first round of any tournament. And we are free."

<turboraton> arghhh
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

In the late afternoon, while doing some sightseeing on Ulthuan, you can potentially spot some strange occurrences:
A bunch of dwarves running in big circles, snorting and groaning about almost everything. The only time this (the ranting, not the running) stops is when they pass a small tent: At that point, every dwarf grabs a mug filled from a keg of beer and is quiet for a few seconds after that...

In the middle of this ongoing circle, you can spot three more dwarves, two of them possibly female, and all of them obviously more agile than their comrades. They perform quick sprints and whoever wins a race, earns one of those beer mugs, handed over by a battered dwarf in a wheelchair.

If you stay long enough, you'll see them finally gather and start throwing a ball around. And even though you can witness a lot of fumbles and failed catch attempts, they still seem to do quite well for dwarves...

Not doubt, this must be the infamous Agility Monsters, preparing for their big match this evening (at 22:00 bbtime)!
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
In the late afternoon, while doing some sightseeing on Ulthuan, you can potentially spot some strange occurrences:
A bunch of dwarves running in big circles, snorting and groaning about almost everything. The only time this (the ranting, not the running) stops is when they pass a small tent: At that point, every dwarf grabs a mug filled from a keg of beer and is quiet for a few seconds after that...

In the middle of this ongoing circle, you can spot three more dwarves, two of them possibly female, and all of them obviously more agile than their comrades. They perform quick sprints and whoever wins a race, earns one of those beer mugs, handed over by a battered dwarf in a wheelchair.

If you stay long enough, you'll see them finally gather and start throwing a ball around. And even though you can witness a lot of fumbles and failed catch attempts, they still seem to do quite well for dwarves...

Not doubt, this must be the infamous Agility Monsters, preparing for their big match this evening (at 22:00 bbtime)!

On a cliffside, some ways off, one dwarf hands a spyglass to another. He pushes his helmet back a bit and scratches his head.

"Is it as bad as all that?" the second dwarf asks.

"Ayuh, playin' at being elves. Look fer yerself."

The other dwarf looks through the spyglass himself, his gnarled, battle-scarred fingers adjusting the focus. "HA! Look it 'em! Might as well strip to ther skivvies and play like them wood elfs."

"Aye, and what a shame too, sweatin' out beer like that; and a good vintage brew to boot!"

"Hmph. I score once ya know. Durned thing fell out'n an orcs hands and inta me own, blood all over it. No one else wanted a thing to do with it, so's I marched it on in."

"Aye. Did meself as well. It was a lark. None o' them sissy rats was left standing and Steam - you remember ole Steam, aye? - hands me the ball on a lark, laughin'. Wouldn't let me hear the end of it fer a week."

"Yar. Them scrawny lads down there's gonna play us??"

"Per'aps, per'aps...they got two matches afore then. Some lizard folk - strong buggers by the look of em - then if they get past them some 'o those elf smorgasbord teams. Then us. It ends at us, either way. Aye?"

"Aye!"

Club and Geologist's nod to one another, and head back to the inn where Hammer > Anvil are staying, waiting to see who they face in the Amber Lantern final.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

At the end of the sixth day, the sun sets on the small outer island of the Ulthuan archipelago, and the dark warriors grow restless. Normally not the most friendly of people, the irritation from the delayed match has driven the drow close to infighting.
'You'd think these undead are scared.' says Rarakod. 'I can practically hear those ghouls calling for their mummies'.
'Why won't they face us and be done with it?' roars Arali, his voice a full octave lower than any normal Dark Elf's.
'Look, I know I haven't been around all that long, but maybe you should stay off the 'roids for a while, big guy' retorts Etanafu.
'Oh yeah? I wouldn't talk big like that. Look at your predecessors witch, chances are you won't get off this island on our ship!'
Team captain Banehdir steps in: 'Enough of this, all of you! We're here to hand these *ptew* high elves their ass on a platter. Leave your arguments for after the match if you survive. We have an hour left. Don't disappoint me either, or you'll have the lash again.'
The warriors grow silent, contemplating the battle to come.

After some delay, the Team of the Spider Queen will face off against Ugly and Dumb tonight.
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Love these prematch fluffyness's! =)

-So you are saying we might face something else then smellybeards?! Ordeth hopefully asked his veteran teammate.

-Well dont count on it! laughed Jornath. Besides do you really think you'll do better against huge lizards?
Just pray the first punch knocks you out for the game, or dodge and run!

-Are you sure the coach doubling in as apotecary is such a good idea?! asked Ordeth. Does he even have a degree?!

Jornath laughed again. -Dont worry about it! He gave the noob a friendly pat on the shoulder before walking away. -We're pros and here to do what we get payed for!

-You wont get his attention anyway... he mumbled as he went to get another glas of wine.

SL

Last edited by SvenS on %b %16, %2011 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Oh my another big name takes the swan song exit. Boys in the Hoods brought a knife to a blodge fest and take the early exit. The forces of Humanity are falling by the wayside.

Can Bollocks! carry the banner for humanity and make the main draw? Bollocks I hear some of you say out there, but those guys are for real.

WOW that qualifier just knocked it out...have not even gone a week and we have a qualifier final allready set up.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2011 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Another notable is punched right out and left for KO on the pitch...I say you Fellows is taken down in the second round. Coach Malmir is once again left scratching his head and trying to figure out why his dark elves allways seem to come up lame in the big matches. Ever since the FleetFoot had their golden age of power and might two years ago when they won the GLT, coach Malmir has been stuck in a quagmire of sloppy play, early exits, 2 visits to the "looney" farm and disapointment.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2011 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh it was a glorious match FUMBBL fans when the Six Hooves Under took on the Brave Rats. It will be a day that will be inducted into the hall of fame of great plays ever. As Joseph Stalin was surfed on an epic multi dodge -3BD push into the fans.

As Stalin fell into the front rows at first everything looked fine. He shook it off and was getting back up when he was hit on the head by not 2 BUT 4 40oz mugs of Bugmans. And then a strange event happened. A drunk hobgoblin started screaming death to the Marxist, Death to the Marxist. Well I doubt any of those low down hooligans even know what a marxist is but it sent them off in a fit of bloody rage. Stalin was pummelled, drawn and quarted by some fans who just happen to carry 50 ft of rope with them every where and then he was beheaded. His head was thrown on a pike and the fans ran out of the stadium with their new trophy and were parading around with it.

Then a huge riot oustide the stadium took place as fans of the Hooves, brave rats and Low Few took place. The carnage was staggering as the local officials just let the rioters tear into each other for over 30 minutes. At the end of the riot 89 Kills, 421 SI-MNG and 610 BH were recorded.

Well the game was over way before the riot ended so the players for six hooves stormed out into the battle and took some scalps. They were last scene getting on their wagons headed for their hotel. The pike with Stalins head on it firmly back in the proper hands.

It was a trully epic display of Blood Bowl.

Now the big question after the match. Stalin had the makings of a legendary bull BUT in the new age of the FFB is the team better off with out him. Well we will find out as the tournament unfolds.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2011 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

They were better off without him. Or not. Who cares. They won.
Qaz

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one miss him. I had to train a sure hand hobo as his replacement Sad

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 24, 2011 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict heaps of elven blood in my quali final. The plan is to make the dorfs slip in the blood and fall over.
Besides I've heared the wizards guild are going to be pushing for the reintroduction of in game fireworks, having a drive with 2 wizards for the reduced price of one! :p

Ohh and can we have some of maysrills hooligan players arrested for killing my player with a rock pls? Very Happy

SL
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 24, 2011 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
I for one miss him. I had to train a sure hand hobo as his replacement Sad

however, that should teach you not to wander around at the sidelines Very Happy
Qaz

Post   Posted: May 24, 2011 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

True but the alternative was to give him a chance of a -3 dice wrestle block with out a dodge. I did actually consider this but came to the conclusion that I would trust in 3 TZ with tackle and Diving tackle dodge with the following sideline improved -3dice block. Pretty sure I would come to the same conclusion if I played again. There is no Defence vs Nuffle.

Had I not danced the sidelines chances was that he rolled 3 pow rip apo rip and the result could have been the same.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 24, 2011 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
Ohh and can we have some of maysrills hooligan players arrested for killing my player with a rock pls? Very Happy

I was sitting right beside the Hammer players in the stands. That was some fine throw for a Dwarf.
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 24, 2011 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha we have a witness!
Prison I say! :p

SL
 Jump to: