38 coaches online • Server time: 10:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quota

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So make a female human team? Smile

Post 12 Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

McCloud wrote:
Amazons should have been allowed to play, what with womens rights and all and being set in the future... Just a thought.

This is a man's world and game, womens rights or not. Maybe female coaches should be allowed amazons, but that's how far I would allow it.
Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hovring wrote:
@fouling counting as cas

2 people I have talked with think that the fumbbl tournament system only counts SPP giving cas as points in tournament. Thats good cause it's how I want it to be. If it ain't so I'll need some way to count those out.

@People leaving

In the danish league it is so that if a person haven't played all his games none of his games will count, I'll do the same here. This can create problems with people losing a won game, but thats life, and it sux sometimes, as far as I can see this is the only solution.
I plan to make the groups either with 4 or 6 teams, that should solve some issues about people leaving since there's not a lot of games total per season.

The thing about ppl loosin points for winning matches whenever someone drops out is kind of blah cause all of us have a chance to loose a player or two each and every match... Ok,ok, what I'm tryin to say is that I dont think that it'd be bright to start taking away points from people that have nothing to do with their opponents dropping out. Let all the points stand and I guess you could do some sort of a semi open turney where ppl'd have a bit of freedom as far as finding an oponent to play vs. Division or groups are great, but once someone drops out what are all the others in the same group going to do? What is the ammount of matches that all of us will have to play in the tourney? And is the # of matches going to be the same for all the teams?
Thank you!
CB
quota

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Hovring on this one. If someone drops out, all matches should be removed. Can't make a balanced group with half the teams having played an extra match.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

<joke mode ON>
with luck, in 2064 Women's Rights are a thing of the past
<joke mode OFF>
quota

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MixX wrote:
<joke mode ON>
with luck, in 2064 Women's Rights are a thing of the past
<joke mode OFF>

Haha MixX Very Happy

Shocked Laughing Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

Oh well I agree with myself on the thing about not played matches Smile
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Miami Murderers 1 - 0 Halifax Explosions

Fist ever match in WC2064 has finally happened, was a bloody match, true nail biter in the end, but my luck helped me and helped me alot, well played coach BP. Good luck to you and the rest of the coaches.
CB
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

To quote some other inept sports team "We wuz robbed!"

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad to here that only block cas counts. Really hoped for that Smile
Malerun

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Luxembourg Financials 1 - 0 Vanløse Wraiths

Aggressive game, two dead blitzer and only a draw.
Doowa

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, it seems A LOT of the games have been very agressive. 2 teams in Group A played 2nd match with 10 players each Razz

Sweet as! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Doowa wrote:
Hehe, it seems A LOT of the games have been very agressive. 2 teams in Group A played 2nd match with 10 players each Razz

Sweet as! Very Happy

I had to buy a new player to get 10 players for my second match Shocked Luckily it's just two MNG, nothing serious Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe.. I can't imagine why this happened. You Lineman murderer...

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have heard concerns about the play off creating problems, cause they are as long as the actual tournament.

The first problem is that some teams will get more games than others creating a TR gap. This gap will offcourse not be as bad when you take into account that next season the tournament will be split into divisions somehow.

The other concern is that people get bored of waiting for the playoff to be played. About this I personally believe that even though there's a the rule one game per week people can play them faster especially in playoffs where it only depends on a few teams, so I guess that it wont last any longer than 2 weeks max anyway.

My arguments against these problems shouldn't make it so that I didn't acknowledge the problem and finding a solution would be ideal. So if anyone have an idea please let me know.

One way to do it was to make a 2 round only swiss tournament where teams was seeded by TR. This could even include the new teams so they could get some preseason games. Anyway if you have a good idea please let us hear.

(this was written in a hurry, I do hope it is understandable)
 Jump to: