45 coaches online • Server time: 09:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

As the Nurgle Favoured Qualifier has been taken into exam, lets take a look even to the Nurgle Champion one!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&p=tournaments&group=7211

On an overall look we should notice that this qualifier is split in two different kind of teams:
Total Boredom Teams: 3 Undeads, 2 Nurgle. Those guys are all competitive, but, really, who cares? Nobody. Winning teams are tedium

Guaranteed Fun Teams: Ogre, Vampire, Slann! These are the teams we care about: they can turn a match into a crazy fight, win it on turn 16 or even lose it on turn 1 (especially vamps!) Sadly, having them all condensed into this tiny qualifier, we'll se only one of them going to the final stages of the competition (or even no one Sad). But at least they'll give us some thrill.

So... lets cheer those brave dreamers, and hope they'll give some BB lesson to those "tier-1" cousins!
Tomorrow morning around 10.00 servertime Principi will get their last 1st half turn and the 2nd half against the Claws (1-0 now, but Claws can score on turn 8 1st half).

I missed i had to make some kind of prediction... but well, its not possible when such foolish teams are involved!
PigStar-69

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

this is bollocks as my humans nver made the draw ;-(
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann Crystal Ball...on the Champions of Nurgle!

Pusher To Hell VS Sunnyside Veterans Return

Height of Excitement! A Mirror Match! We have 4 blodging wights to watch, and 4 ghouls a piece. While the Sunnyside bring along an ag 4 leaping stripballing ghoul to the party, the Pushers are bringing a very nice st 4 blodge mb tackle wight. Generally, Sunnyside are far more mobile and far better at moving the ball, while Pusher are good at..putting them back into their graves. Both of them have a *lot* of rerolls...5 for Sunnyside and 6 for Pushers.

There's just about enough variety between the teams to make this a match worth watching, so you might find your reporter tuned in..

Magic Slann Ball says....2-1 overtime win for Sunnyside.

Winx Club! [B] VS sexy ogrex 2

The Wheel of Chaos champions return, sporting some snazzy tentacles on their ogrish fists, and a very long tail! Faced up against the Ogres we have an undead team with it's most highly skilled player a very badly battered skeleton. The Undead get a mighty 600k odd of inducements..but I don't think this is going to help them. Their mummies aren't skilled, and while the Count might make this fun, even he is going to get bashed on fairly heavily.

2-1 to the sexy ogrex \o/...everyone loves an ogre.

You're leaping over me VS Anahilistic Brothers

BOIINNGG! We have a Slann in the Champions running! Crazy leaping and death defying moves will be in this game, as well as crushed amphibian blood on the turf. And then you'll have the opposing Nurgle team blocking them!

Unfortunately, the Brothers are loaded up on MB tackle, which could make this a very painful game...on the bright side, the Slann have the strip ball catcher, the guard catcher and all the ingredients for multiple turnovers while their frogs are squished. It'll be a Slann Timer game...how many can the Frogs score before they don't have enough players to turn over or defend?

Our Slann Ball says plenty! Cheer for the Slann!

You're leaping all over me win 3-1.

Principi VS Claws guys

Well, there's not much doubt who the spectators are going to be cheering for here. Principi are a very well developed Vampire team with a great coach guiding their fangs. On the other hand, Smashak is no walkover, and his Nurgle are very vanilla clawmbpo skill selection. There's a few nice players floating about, an ag 6(!) vamp and a st 5 pestigor being the highlights.

Now, the Principi apparently have already scored...I must admit, not knowing the situation could make this prediction rather irrelevant...but I think the vamps can pull this one off.

2-1 to Principi.
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Slann Crystal Ball...on the Favoured of Nurgle!

El Drizzto and the Gang VS Boxing Gloves

This one I think could be down to the cas dice. 4 superstars make the team for Drizzto, while there's 3 sets of blocklemb in the Boxing Gloves. If they start getting the elves off early, things could go badly, as the DE only have the one reserve player.

That said, Reisender is a quality player, and that elven one turner could make all the difference.

I'm going for a 2-1 to Drizzto...but with the elves going into round 2 with 11 players.

And 2-1 it was, in last time of overtime. The elves going into next round with 12 players (and money for a lineelf). The match saw a dedicated human squad being very close to overtime victory several times, en elf coach doing some terrible unnecessary dodges too often, an elf score in turn 8 half one, a blitz for the elves and a wild bash battle for the ball ending with a human score in half 2, and finally El Drizzto himself annoyed by the performance of his teammates, screaming who needs re-rolls anyway, dodging into 2 tacklezones to pickup the ball, leaping out, running and going for it, receiving a push to sidestep 1 square more towards the endzone and in range (janek´s only but decisive mistake imo)and running it in in the last turn of overtime.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:

Pusher To Hell VS Sunnyside Veterans Return

Height of Excitement! A Mirror Match! We have 4 blodging wights to watch, and 4 ghouls a piece. While the Sunnyside bring along an ag 4 leaping stripballing ghoul to the party, the Pushers are bringing a very nice st 4 blodge mb tackle wight. Generally, Sunnyside are far more mobile and far better at moving the ball, while Pusher are good at..putting them back into their graves. Both of them have a *lot* of rerolls...5 for Sunnyside and 6 for Pushers.

There's just about enough variety between the teams to make this a match worth watching, so you might find your reporter tuned in..

Magic Slann Ball says....2-1 overtime win for Sunnyside.

Magic slan ball was incorrect Very Happy

What it failed to take into account was that I seem to have inherited PurpleChests "gift" of incurring Nuffles wrath whenever I enter a tourney Smile

Killed the Str4 wight though Razz

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:

Principi VS Claws guys

Well, there's not much doubt who the spectators are going to be cheering for here. Principi are a very well developed Vampire team with a great coach guiding their fangs. On the other hand, Smashak is no walkover, and his Nurgle are very vanilla clawmbpo skill selection. There's a few nice players floating about, an ag 6(!) vamp and a st 5 pestigor being the highlights.

Now, the Principi apparently have already scored...I must admit, not knowing the situation could make this prediction rather irrelevant...but I think the vamps can pull this one off.

2-1 to Principi.

\o/
Very kind description, ty sir!

Btw, we got a 2-0 thanks to the typical "lucky rush" after the Claws failed the first pickup... ^^
clarkin

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

What's with the 3 RRs? Any reason not to pump it up to say 5 for the tourney?
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:

Otherwise it would be tooo easy Cool
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:

You're leaping over me VS Anahilistic Brothers

BOIINNGG! We have a Slann in the Champions running! Crazy leaping and death defying moves will be in this game, as well as crushed amphibian blood on the turf. And then you'll have the opposing Nurgle team blocking them!

Unfortunately, the Brothers are loaded up on MB tackle, which could make this a very painful game...on the bright side, the Slann have the strip ball catcher, the guard catcher and all the ingredients for multiple turnovers while their frogs are squished. It'll be a Slann Timer game...how many can the Frogs score before they don't have enough players to turn over or defend?

Our Slann Ball says plenty! Cheer for the Slann!

You're leaping all over me win 3-1.

And it looks like to the dismay of the watching Old Ones, the Crystal Ball was wrong here....a mighty 8 casualties probably implies that the Slann Timer ran out far too quickly...2-1 win for the chaos.

Boos all round!
Smeesh

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The Black Gavelords entered the wheel of chaos. (My first fumbbl turney)
First match against a well played human team with four strong blizzers.
I took the kickoff in the hope to get some of the ST4 blizzers out early. Fast KO on one of them on first blizz. Moved slowly forward shielding the ball with a wall of flesh pinning the humans in a wrestle.
They never endangered the ball carrier and 1:0 in turn 8 was easy.
Unfortunately it has been a costly td. My ST4/AG4 blodge superstar wight died on a disgusting foul. Another super star for the chaos gods amusement. That may cost me following matches in a very competative environement.
Also i hade some tense moments looking to my oponents pushing around players for a one turn score. But dodging through my wall with only AG3 failed.

Second half went lucky for me. After a mißklick i got the oportuity to hit the ball carrier. That resulted in a struggle for the ball with no real winner leading to my 1:0 victory. Sorry for loosing in that way. I expected an overtime play with me having an andvantage in manpower an RR´s. I would really have prefered to throw out some clawpombers not a good human team.

Greetings

Smeesh
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
clarkin wrote:

bold words sir, no you are expected to take home the tourney.... Wink
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:
clarkin wrote:

bold words sir, no you are expected to take home the tourney.... Wink

Heh no! You truly misenderstood it. Sadly with only 3 RRs we've already done more than expected Razz

Ofc with 5 RRs the trophey was the least we could get but, you know, coach choises...
Garion

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

RR for vamps are overrated. Just let them feed Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

more feed more poderous!!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

@Tarabaralla: I hope you hang on to Riverisco until he completes the full circuit of stat decreases!