12 coaches online • Server time: 05:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I know with his brets list & all that PBEM stuff Plasmoid isn't terribly popular over here. Regardless, I think he together with DoubleSkulls (& Galak, another not so popular figure) have created a new BB-houserule variant that might be the most fun lrb6-variant in the long term.

Here's the changes they suggest, they say its going to stay like that for a year (though there was a change 3-4 days ago and it was supposed to be fixed already at that point).

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm

Their main points are to try & balance tiers closer so that more variety in teams is possible while maintaining fair matchups. The other point is nerfing/buffing the biggests mistakes in the current CRP.

If you cant be bothered to read the whole thing here's the biggest changes:

Stunties get buffs-- halflings get +1av and 2 catchers/flyers with av6 / ag4! Gobbos get a 3rd troll. Sneaky git now completely changed.

Khemri gets the 4518 break tackle 110k and lose decay. The positionals get thick skull for free.

Undead mummmies trade mb for grab & general access (for block obviously - short term nerf, long term buff).

*****************'

And here's the part that's most interesting for me, the actual rules changes:

1a. Piling On: Piling On can only be used to reroll the injury roll.
1b. Claw: Claw works on a roll of 8 or more before modification.
2. Fouling: A generic +1 modifier now applies to the armor roll when fouling.
3. Sneaky Git: When a Sneaky Git is sent off by the Referee (including for carrying a Secret Weapon) he is sent to the K.O. box of the dug-out, and may recover in the normal manner.
6. Concessions: The team that receives the concession no longer gets the conceding team's cash. The cash is just lost.
7. Wizards: Wizard price increased to 200K

There are more rules changes that are rather cosmetic & I dont much care about, but as a prominent bash player I do like the changes to po & claw a lot. It'd significantly lessen the effect of killstack vs all AV, especially AV8-9 though.

I am interested if there'd be enough interest to this for an optional div such as old F or as an option in L.. Wink
Prez

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

All of the above are ok on initial consideration, bar PO ruling.

Its still too strong, the above is pretty much how most sensible coaches use PO as it is now. It should be to reroll the Av roll!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

could be good, would love to see them tested in large scale...
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

but with claw getting a nerf also it would make quite a difference to the killer paradigm

there are quite a huge number of changes proposed. for anyone who read the tl;dr version above, i would advise reading the full version to see if your race got changed - most did (e.g. fend for wardancers over dodge will upset a lot of people i suspect)

as a whole i think they're reasonable and though there are things i dislike, i think the clawpomb nerf and narrowing tier philosophy is good.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like these rule changes personally, and would love the opportunity to play under them.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The bbrc are only backing the rule changes. The roster changes are just plasmoids. I'm firmly in the camp of not balancing the rosters really, imo it goes against what bb is all about. Having no tiers except good teams and then stunty would be the final nail in the coffin. Though getting rid of decay on khemri is a muat, though giving tgs BT is just madness. Hate the wood elf change too, fend for wds yuck. Don't like mummies without Mb - where is the fluff? Same goes for most the roster changes really.

As for the rule changes PO doesn't change too much, they have just kept the bit which people appear to hate the most. Wizard price increase seems sensible.
Sneaky Git just makes no sense at all from a fluff perspective.
Fouling, I am playing in two leagues using this rule and fouling is still very tame.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

give me real khemri back, and if undead get g access on their mummies why cant i have it on tomb gaurdians, and khemri should have mummis and undead something else after all khemrians of high rank were MUMMIFIED Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed you cannot give one g access and not the other
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The BBRC don't exist. That's over (as a point of order).

As such, they're house rules. As a rule (boom, boom), I don't comment on individual house rules in detail, since there are billions of them and I'll never have to play with them. It would be sort of like writing an essay on living on Mars, it's a lovely thought, but is it really a useful thing to do with free time (although, playing BB at all is an interesting aside there)?

The very thrust of the 'balance' rules (eugh, that word) is seriously flawed and would affect the fun of the game long term, so I'd dismiss those out of hand. The other ones I'm sort of meh about. We could all do tweaks that would make some difference to what we think. I think if one wanted to make changes along these lines, tweaks are no good, you go in properly and fiddle with the fundamentals. If that isn't your wish, LRB6 is LRB6, enjoy it or don't. PO is PO, making it 5% better or worse (warning, number used to make point, not calculated) is neither here nor there. If you don't want it to be a gore engine, you replace it with another mechanic.

I don't think anyone has an issue with Plasmoid per se, it's just the way he rocks up and starts numerous threads like this one every so often looking for input when he doesn't even play here. Whether that's much of a crime or not depends on your viewpoint, I suppose. The only thing that gets under my skin (I believe FUMBBL is the only forum that you can have sensible BB discussions on, TFF has gone entirely to the dogs, PBEM is cheaty and Cyanide is a horror of a forum. So, anyone can come here and contribute, whether they play or not, it's for the good of the forum) is when he wheels out statistics from local TT leagues or PBEM. I struggle to see these as legitimate backup for ideas.

The Kroxigor for Amazons idea bowled me over too, I must confess...
Igvy

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading them; they should be totally ignored.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There are some elements I am fine with, or even like, but as a whole, no, no, definitely not interested.
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah they are so-so but overall no, mainly coz khemri still suck
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Carnis on this one. I think those rules are currently the best hope for any widely accepted CRP+. I find them surprisingly balanced after their previous iterations and hope well for their current locked testing period. I think it would be nice to try to implement them somehow in FUMBBL.

I think one thing that is positive about them is that they seem to be quite organized with the rule changing process. They are not just changed because of change. And I like that they carry on the continuum with the method that I perceive most viable in the current post-LRB6-GW-Gag-orders, which apparently forbid much from the previous BBRCrs.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Plasmoids roster changes can suck it the ones galak and double skulls agreed on aren't to bad though except putting BT on Tomb guards.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL can do better
And cursedone, I support your Khemri comments. Don't be AV 8'ing my Tomb Guardians, it makes no sense.

On a side note, this stuff shouldn't be published so much, it has changed constantly. Publish it when its proven to work well.
 Jump to: