18 coaches online • Server time: 07:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

bigGuy wrote:

WE defense relies on constant threat to Leap+1D Block+pick up ball in tackle zones. But this defense is RR burning machine. Vs competent opponent you will need 1 or 2 dodges even before glorious leap+1D block, so dodge removal will hurt a lot.
Also, when things go wrong, WD stays standing somewhere in opponents cage. Dodge is great damage mitigation skill. Fend is not.

My experience is that a weak WE defense relies only on that threat, there's more than one way to rome, even for woodies. The other elves dont have that nuclear bomb available at all in the start.

The difference between we lineman & pe lineman is not that gamechanging, + the woodies get better catchers to compensate (higher ma through sprint & dodge to start with - almost automatic oneturner machine at tv1000). IMO Woodie coaches have just had it too easy for too long (at low tv)..
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite, Woodstock.

Plus, frankly, the idea Kalimar should proritise getting any of the various house rule ideas programmed before finishing LRB6 is ludicrous .

His time, as is shown, is not limitless. Let's let others mess about with house rules.

You never know, we may have our driving force. Garion + rules is normally good for double figures. Wink

P.S. I think anyone with a bit of experience can whiff a wrongun of an idea. I'd take the up front opinion of five coaches who's opinion I trust over the results of 100 games (or some other tiny sample) of PBEM every day. That sort of 'result' based thinking is what drove Khemri are 'too good' changes to begin with. Keep that in mind in 12 months when some statistically unlikely event like Necro winning 80% of games comes out of testing.

Ahh, 'too good', 'got it too easy', 'op'. The route of all 'balance' nonsense evil. Continually nerfing and buffing and tier % rubbish is how we end up in half the perceived messes rules leave us with. No race is too good until you nerf everything above it. Nerf anything, the target only moves. This madness needs cutting at source. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on Feb 27, 2012 - 15:47; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, and I haven't mentioned my rules yet Wink But since I wrote them for me, its no suprise I think they are far better than this load of old smelly stuff, at least they make sense Laughing

But anyway I agree. I couldn't care less about house rules on fumbbl till the client is finished at the very earliest. Even then, do we really need them, and who would do them, and could we ever agree on anything. Probably not, probably no one and probably not are the answers to those questions.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Any one thinking we have house ruled divisions any time soon, should think twice...

Stunty? Wink
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

1a. Piling On: Piling On can only be used to reroll the injury roll.
1b. Claw: Claw works on a roll of 8 or more before modification.
2. Fouling: A generic +1 modifier now applies to the armor roll when fouling.
3. Sneaky Git: When a Sneaky Git is sent off by the Referee (including for carrying a Secret Weapon) he is sent to the K.O. box of the dug-out, and may recover in the normal manner.
6. Concessions: The team that receives the concession no longer gets the conceding team's cash. The cash is just lost.
7. Wizards: Wizard price increased to 200K

With a couple of alterations that would look good to me like:
1a. armor
3. Sending a player with sneaky giz to ko instead of bh just doesn't make sense regardless of the technical value. Therefore maybe: Player doesn't get send off on armor rolls?
6. like stated but maybe do sth like: roll a d6, on a 4-6 one player of the conceeding team leaves the team.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
Any one thinking we have house ruled divisions any time soon, should think twice...

Stunty? Wink

Dont be a smart ass...
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Beerox wrote:
FUMBBL can do better
And cursedone, I support your Khemri comments. Don't be AV 8'ing my Tomb Guardians, it makes no sense.

On a side note, this stuff shouldn't be published so much, it has changed constantly. Publish it when its proven to work well.

Excuse me, proven? Doesn't make sense (with no explanation) ? Wink How can there ever be proof in a dice game.. Is CRP working well?

Regardless, it seems very clear that there isn't any fumbbl-interest on the matter, though reasons seem to be rather random or just general hostility.

NTBB has been changing constantly and sometimes drastically which (amongst other things) makes me question its merit, that's really the only point I was attempting to make.

There's probably FUMBBL interest in rule variants/experiments, just not these Smile
Leilond

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw is a problem only for AV9 teams, that usually have lots of MB and PO all around the team
It's not claw that is to be corrected... but the MB+PO combination, that influence ALL the team out there and not only bashers and some other teams in minor way
Nerfing Claw is only a manner to protect some bashers from some other bashers (Orcs and Dwarves from Chaos and Necromantic)
Nefring PO (MB and claw cannot be applied to the PO rerolls) is a more democratic way to slow down bashing mania... if you really feel the need to do this nerf
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

6. like stated but maybe do sth like: roll a d6, on a 4-6 one player of the conceeding team leaves the team.

Already under the CRP system a player of the conceding team leaves on a 1-3 if he has 51+ spps, the roll is rolled separately for every player over 51+ spps. Were you unaware of this ?
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
Claw is a problem only for AV9 teams, that usually have lots of MB and PO all around the team
It's not claw that is to be corrected... but the MB+PO combination, that influence ALL the team out there and not only bashers and some other teams in minor way
Nerfing Claw is only a manner to protect some bashers from some other bashers (Orcs and Dwarves from Chaos and Necromantic)
Nefring PO (MB and claw cannot be applied to the PO rerolls) is a more democratic way to slow down bashing mania... if you really feel the need to do this nerf

Note they also nerf piling on in that set by disallowing rerolls on the armor roll. Also note that + disallowing claw + mb on the block roll is probably a bigger change than most players realise. Earlier you got an 83% chance to break armor if you clawpombed somebody.. Now against av8 and higher that % caps at approx 43%. Those 57% of the time the armor roll fails, the PO player also cannot go prone to avoid the counterblock.

I now get the point Beerox is making, it does seem the rules are changing although they are supposed to not be changing, still..

Earlier there was no disclaimer that the rules would be frozen Wink.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:

the PO player also cannot go prone to avoid the counterblock.

This is the only real problem with PO right now It's to damn safe on the ground. Give fouling back it's teeth and PO problems will be a thing of the past.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Leilond

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
Carnis wrote:

the PO player also cannot go prone to avoid the counterblock.

This is the only real problem with PO right now It's to damn safe on the ground. Give fouling back it's teeth and PO problems will be a thing of the past.

Bringin back the problem of the past isn't the right way to solve the problems of the present
Make the PO rolls equal to SIMPLE ROLLS
If you reroll the armor roll, you roll a SIMPLE ARMOR ROLL, ignoring every modifier (MB & CLAW), thus if you do not beat AV9 with claw and MB, you can try to beat it with PO, that means ROLL A 10
If you reroll an injury roll, just roll on the table, ignoring MB.

If you think PO is broken (not every one think so, but a lot do), nerf it and only it
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Please. Stop with any mention of PO already. Don't we have enough threads on it?

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:

Bringin back the problem of the past isn't the right way to solve the problems of the present

There wasn't really a problem in the past IMO asides from the band aid of IGMEOU wich was fixed by the doubles ejections on armor roll. Being on the ground in a game where people tend to step on your head should be scary. I see people leave players prone now because it's safer than standing them up and that is plain dumb. PO and DT should be good the bonuses should make you want to go prone. But the risk should make you think about it.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The good:

3. Sneaky Git: When a Sneaky Git is sent off by the Referee (including for carrying a Secret Weapon) he is sent to the K.O. box of the dug-out, and may recover in the normal manner.

The Bad:

4. Bank: A coach may stash up to 100K cash in his Bank at the end of the post game sequence (or when creating his team). This cash is unavailable until the next post game sequence - where it is immediately moved back into the treasury, (and can be affected by Spiralling Expenses). Cash in the Bank does not count towards TV, but cash in the treasury does.

__Synn
**I would hope if Fumbbl was going to deviate from the rules, they wouldn't turn right back to the guys who said ClawPOMB wasn't a problem in the first place
 Jump to: