23 coaches online • Server time: 06:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Good coaches will use their apothecary on BHs. Just putting that out there.

Might be true. But there is an awful lots of pixel huggers and people out there who wont apo a BH rookie lineman.
Painstate I think you are contradicting yourself then. I go back to a previews post of yours.
PainState wrote:
The best scenario is get the RIP on the opening 4 blocks/foul. Make you opponeet use the apoth in the first turn.

PainState wrote:
Also most coaches put their chumps on the LOS so that first block RIP is probally on a rookie or perm injury player...SO he is not going to be apothed to begin with.

So the 1 cas match is rare, fair enough. So lets us make a scenario. And assuming ranked or black box play as tournament and league play is somehow different in setting.

Mine with a opening BH and yours with an opening RIP. And let us say 12 players.

The scenario 1:
First drive: CAS on los, sadly we cannot capitalize on our advantage in the first drive and only get 4KO.
CAS, 4KO
We stall and last turn score, he make his 8turn LOS attack (get 2KO back). He play defensively and don’t take chance of protect his player for hope to get a draw or 2TD in the second drive.
Second drive he gets another 1KO back. He is down in players and we make a few more CAS.

My take on it:
BH and he wont apo it, 4KO
Which mean that he will have 10 players instead of 11 if he did APO (just assuming the APO will do what he is intended for)

Your take on it:
RIP and then he might take it. SillySod claim a good coach will APO it, you have said he will and he wont. But let us say he APO it and put in reserve. Still you get your 4KO.
Now for the second drive, he will have 11 due to he used his APO on the RIP.

And again, yes theory and scenario building might not completely translate into what would happen on the pitch. But then again you cannot be sure of you will actually make a CAS on the LOS. You might first get that CAS in turn 2,3 or 4 or later. If this is a key player, he will APO it. If it is a BH on that key player, not all people would go and APO it.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care about pixes at all. Just in terms of getting a clear advantage I rather want to have BH on the first CAS as this puts the other coach in a dilemma of APO the BH and then prey to NUFFLE that a RIP won’t come later and kill your best player. If you get that first RIP on a key player in his team he will APO it and then it is you who prey that you can turn this drive into an advantage into the next drive.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I completely agree with this post above.

Many, many teams, especially at low TV, don't get more than a couple casualties a game.
A killed player is likely automatic Apo, whereas BH is not.
You can't always count on that second un-apo-able casualty, especially not in a timely manner.

Example: Early in the game, I foul my opponent's blitzer to death with doubles. My player gets ejected, whereas his is Apo'd back. Suddenly, it's ME who has the player disadvantage. I'm also LESS likely to foul again, since only a few linemen can typically be spared for fouling without crippling your numbers.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

... and half the time your opponent wasted their apothecary. Well done them.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
I completely agree with this post above.

Many, many teams, especially at low TV, don't get more than a couple casualties a game.
A killed player is likely automatic Apo, whereas BH is not.
You can't always count on that second un-apo-able casualty, especially not in a timely manner.

Example: Early in the game, I foul my opponent's blitzer to death with doubles. My player gets ejected, whereas his is Apo'd back. Suddenly, it's ME who has the player disadvantage. I'm also LESS likely to foul again, since only a few linemen can typically be spared for fouling without crippling your numbers.

You fouled a good player, who is out - at worst - until the next drive. You lost a lineman or in the case of undead/necros/khem) some useless fodder.

Every successful foul, I thought felt it was a good swap. The issue is when your guy gets sent off and you just stunned somebody. But this is why we have squads and 4 zombies to foul with and 4 as a flesh shield.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Might be true. But there is an awful lots of pixel huggers and people out there who wont apo a BH rookie lineman..............................................

So have we come full circle now and are making the case that getting 2 babes is a better option than taking a bribe?

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ehlers wrote:
Might be true. But there is an awful lots of pixel huggers and people out there who wont apo a BH rookie lineman..............................................

So have we come full circle now and are making the case that getting 2 babes is a better option than taking a bribe?

I dont know, you tell me? Never said that, I just argued against your RIP is better than BH on first LOS

But to your question, does that not depend on the situations? Your own team, the other team etc etc?
 Jump to: