18 coaches online • Server time: 04:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2012 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the LC **

We have finally arrived at the final 4. We have two teams of destiny that have proven they are the front runners for the finals, Roedoress and Jupiter. They square off against two teams that just ground their way through the tourney and find themselves still standing in the final 4.

2 EPIC matches. Will the teams of LC destiny find themselves facing each other in the finals or will they fall short?

ImageAsian Dub Foundation
VS
ImageMalditos Roedoress!!

Asian Dub comes into the semi round looking good. They will be missing their star thrower but they are looking good. They can take advantage of the rats but they need to be leery or very aggressive to those skaven CPOMB blitzers. Take advantage of the weak core of lino rat fodder and control the Blitzers and they have a winning game plan.

Malditos have publicly stated that they are not concerned that their star OTS gutter will be watching from the dug out with a MNG. They have confidence in their other gutters to lift their game and propel them to the finals. And as allways they fully expect those blitzers to lay out a lot of the HE scumm. Get the CAS going, gutters in open spaces and the linos hang tough, they will make the finals.

ImagePurple Delvers
VS
ImageGreen Jupiter

The Delvers have plodded their way up to this point. They are in good shape and their game plan is sound. Jupiter is MNG their super skink so that makes matters a little easier. The path to the finals is right through those Sauraus. Get 3 or 4 of them in the CAS box and it will be clear sailing. And of course any open blitz on a skink sticking his head out to far...TAKE IT!!!!

Green Jupiter is the team of Lizardman destiny. They have gotten to this point with sound play and did not need a team loaded up with super Skinks and BT star Sarauses and bloated TV to get them to this point. They just need to control the LOS with their superior ST. Stay cautious with the skinks and play conservative. At some point the dorfs will give them a "Shot" at the ball on defense and they have to take it and make it count.

Two teams of destiny are expecting to square off in the finals but their is one last hurdle for them to overcome.

UPSET ALERT

Asian Dub gets the match into OT and the Rats go back to the OTS well and find it empty. They have to play the OT straight up and short rats and find themselves booted on a 3-2 tilt.

Delvers grid the Jupiter crew into the dust. For some reason the lizardmen Gods abandon them on the pitch, their AV crumbles to dust and for the first time in the tourney Jupiter has that deep sinking feeling that the "run" has come to an end.

Delvers 2-1 over the Jupiter.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2012 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting things about the final 4.

1)None of the teams are over 1800 TV

2)The big guns in the challenge stage all fell short.

3)Steel Hammers run for FUMBBL greatest accomplishment in Majors fell short in the Challenge stage as they could not muster the "magic"...Must be that skink is bad in the locker room and has disrupted the Hammers "flow" on the pitch.

4) Not one DE/CD/CH/WE made the final 4..Usually we have atelast one of them in the final 4.

5)Green Jupiter is looking to end Lizardman futility in majors and finally shed the forlorn label that all Lizardmen teams suffer under.

6) If the Malditos manage to win this thing then I forsee next seasons of Majors will be flooded with a massive infusion of more skaven teams. As coaches gravitate to the "hot" major team race. And it will end just like 2 years ago when CD was the "Hot" up and coming majors race.

7)If the Delvers win this, could it be possible that once again we think Dorfs are once again a tier 1 majors race? Would have the Hammers and Delvers who have both won a major in one year. Maybe the dorfs will come storming back.

Cool If Dub foundation wins this thing we will just all throw up our arms in frustration when we are reminded that AG4 blodge teams are the best all around team in majors and deep down, we just don't like that. Shocked

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2012 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've modified my spreadsheet from the last time I used it, so here are the odds at the betting stand!

Green Jupiter and Purple Delvers is a close match between two teams with closely (and greatly) skilled coaches, but overall Delvers have the edge here.

1.17 to 1 against Green Jupiter

Dub Foundation have 2 skillups pending, so I assumed that they didn't buy anything and that their skills are normals for the purposes of the prediction. Both teams seem reasonably well made, but the rats have a pretty amazing record, which is why the calculations spit out the odds:

2.69 to 1 against Asian Dub Foundation

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

**Milford**

That above post makes me smile. Youth and their spreadsheet's, computers, hi-tech "picks" and so forth. Have turned their backs to sitting in the press box, watching the actual games with their own eyes, the "eye ball" test I call it. Going into the dugout's, sneaking into locker rooms before and after matches. The old fashion way of finding out the inside edge on who is going to win a match.

How much fun do you get out of your job if all you have to do is enter a formula, hit enter and then repeat what some fangdangled dwarf computer spits back at you? You are missing out on 99% of the fun. The getting dirty part of the job at the actual stadium with the real players and the fans !!!!

Youth, allway's thinking they are making things easier and faster.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 14:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

2100 bbtime tonight will see the Purple Delivers take on the unstoppable karma of Green Jupiter.

I place my faith in Nuffle, so far he hasn't let me down.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

**Milford**

That above post makes me smile. Youth and their spreadsheet's, computers, hi-tech "picks" and so forth. Have turned their backs to sitting in the press box, watching the actual games with their own eyes, the "eye ball" test I call it. Going into the dugout's, sneaking into locker rooms before and after matches. The old fashion way of finding out the inside edge on who is going to win a match.

How much fun do you get out of your job if all you have to do is enter a formula, hit enter and then repeat what some fangdangled dwarf computer spits back at you? You are missing out on 99% of the fun. The getting dirty part of the job at the actual stadium with the real players and the fans !!!!

Youth, allway's thinking they are making things easier and faster.

Pssh obviously you misunderstand. Spreadsheet is a literal sheet; I take a bunch of stuff, quotes from the players, socks from the locker rooms, previous stats, blood samples and throw them onto a big bedsheet, and then spread it out across my betting stand. Then I get a divinator to come and look, and from there I can figure out the odds, just like tea leaves.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2012 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Semifinal between my HE and Rafas skaven will take place tomorrow monday at bbtime 15.00
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Iam in the locker room of the Delvers and shock and dismay rules the day. They are breaking lockers into kindling. The bathroom is a mess as the stalls and toilets have been ripped out.

Coach PC is in front of a throng of reporters from the World Edge Mountains getting "grilled" for his team not showing up for the match.

It is just grim....Delvers are one really mad team at the moment, NUFFLE has intervened and there was nothing the Delvers could do to stem the tide of the Lizards on their quest to bring home the LC to Lustria.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

when is the final scheduled? Any news, Mr. Milford? I need to know. I cannot miss it... I will support the lizards even when they have very little chances Smile
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, with only 1 claw and only 1 AV8 on the Rats, the lizards might actually have a chance.
Will the rats fire players or stay higher in TV? Who will cut the lowest, and will we see 0,1, or 2 wizards? Interesting...
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

CroixFer wrote:
when is the final scheduled? Any news, Mr. Milford? I need to know. I cannot miss it... I will support the lizards even when they have very little chances Smile

Nice to hear this. We're still working on scheduling the game.

These won't be the first one-turning rats that my lizards face.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

my money is on the rats. 1 blitzer to crack the sauri and the other one to stomp the skinks.... lizards always have had a hard time vs rats, and CRP didnt make it better.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ullakkomorko wrote:
CroixFer wrote:

These won't be the first one-turning rats that my lizards face.

Yeah, go lizards go!

We don't want them to keep dominating the forlorn qualifiers anymore Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just before I stuff this into the sheet I wanna go ahead and say that I want the lizzies to win Razz

A race escaping the list of the forlorn is always something to root for after all, even if I do have a lot of love for skaven.

Unfortunately the odds are 1.35 to 1 against the lizzies here.

Still who cares what a bunch of numbers say, those numbers also say we should only fail our GFIs on rerolls 1 every 36 times and everyone knows that's not true...

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2012 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever you do, please, notify with advance... Wink
 Jump to: