20 coaches online • Server time: 03:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In the current version of the rules there indeed is no drafting in open play. And in tournaments and other forms of formalized competition, there's only a certain chance players get drafted, nothing automated. A player can still slip through the draft system with a bit of luck (or bad luck from a player's perspective). I don't think this kind of system needs an exception for injured players - not from a fluff-perspective, but for simplicity reasons.

As for the drafting in open play, I strongly tend to keep it removed for now. Let's see how teams and players develop. Something like the past MVP system (with much higher threshold) can still be installed if the BB7s community feels like a limit to team/player development is needed in open play.
If you feel like there has to be drafting from a fluff perspective, you might found an BB7s-internal group with own drafting rules. If the rules are clear and appropriate, it might even get official support (in terms of benefiting from players getting drafted, if something like that gets implemented). But I'm starting to digress again... Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2012 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think drafting should be a living thing. I mean there is a Spec mode Wink There could be appointed 'scouts' in the BB7's group that Spec random games of high TV BB7's matches and watch the game to see if any players show potential for greatness then after the game if these 'scouts' saw a player they really liked then they could contact the coach through PM to say that a player is being drafted etc.

Seems like a great fluffy way to do it. And nobody can complain really.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2012 - 19:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I did want to ask that I have no idea about, as a group manager how much power/control do you have over teams in the group? Can you award extra spp's for example, award skills, award money, remove things from teams etc. Same question applies to tourney rewards, how much freedom is there?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2012 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea, noobie. Wink

@josh: We can do exactly nothing. That could change in the future and many coaches wish for it, but so far there has not been any comment on it by Christer, I think (on a date at least). No prizes for tournaments either. Trust me, BB7s would look a whole lot different if we could. ;-(

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2012 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Smile I feel it would add that extra bit of fun and realism to the whole thing.

I think i know where Josh was hoping to go with it and i;d agree with like the 'scouts' buying the players from coaches if they got drafted. Would also make coaches put more effort into maybe wanting players to get drafted.

But i think i like my idea, i'm actually even surprised i thought of it if i'm honest >.>