31 coaches online • Server time: 01:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of puppet pact?
Good!
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Bad!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I did it again. With the end of the Necromiser and the following debate about existing teams changes, I thought it would be funny to fancy about new ideas for new teams. This seems pretty good to me, so once again I decided to ask your opinion. Added a poll, too, let me know what ya think Smile

Puppet Pact

War is war. It must be done for supremacy, money, territories, power. But what the world would be without a bit of fun, a bit of innocent distractions, a laugh, a child's smile? Wandering puppet shows have always been one of the most appreciated entertainment in every village or city, even the soldiers on leave stop to admire these funny mockeries of real life, battles, king's sagas. But recently, with the sharp increase of wizards in the ranks of the armies, something happened. Magical wastes of the spells casted on the battlefields persist in the air, the wind bring them upon the cities, and everything started to change, even the inanimate objects. Magic has filled the good, harmless puppets, giving them a sort of life, intellect and, what is worst, the will to fight. Many unscrupulous craftsmen took the opportunity to melt their crafting abilities with the magical gift, and created a race of puppets meant for battle, a small army ready to bash and kill. They gathered in a secret alliance, and decided to test the skills of the puppets in the Blood Bowl, before launching them in the raging conflict. So, the time of laughs and smiles has ended, replaced by an era of terror where little wooden abominations walk the streets, heading for the next stadium and ready for the next match. Beware! No one is safe. The strike of the puppets has begun!

0/14 Puppets (50K)
Puppets were the usual protagonists of every puppet show, now magic gave them life. They are made of hard wood, so they're hard to knock out, but not so fast because of their joints made ​​of wood and bolts. They keep dragging their strings everywhere, making hard for the opponents to dodge around them (prehensile tail).
[4,2,3,7]
[dodge, stunty, right stuff, thick skull, prehensile tail]
[A]

0/2 Rolling Marionettes (70K)
The evil craftsmen designed these marionettes with the purpose of increasing the speed of the team. They have wheels instead of legs, and because of this they can run a bit faster. They stumble less often because wheels are more steady (sure feet), but on the other hand they don't have brakes, so it is difficult for them to stop when they attack (frenzy).
[6,2,3,7]
[stunty, frenzy, thick skull, sure feet]
[A,P]

0/2 Haunted Mannequins (80K)
A great amount of magic wastes has filled the reassuring, usually motionless mannequins, and now they became a great threat for every opponent on the pitch. In times gone by they were used to try the clothing to be affixed to the puppets, now they kill. The magical fire of the spells burns in their eyes and mouth, giving them a foul appearance, and they are unsteady so often they fall on opponents after a block (piling on). Their nature is to be silent, discrete, they never make sound when they walk, so they can follow everybody without being seen (shadowing)
[4,2,2,7]
[foul appearance, piling on, stunty, right stuff, shadowing]
[G]

0/1 Possessed Dolls (70K)
The ghosts of tormented souls summoned by necromancers on the battlefields found home in the porcelain bodies of dolls, and now they are the instrument of revenge for those restless spirits from the afterlife. They took knives, cleavers, axes, chisels, every sharp object, and stab to death the enemies. Because of their porcelain skin they're not so resistant, and can easily be broken when blocked.
[5,2,3,6]
[dodge, right stuff, stab]
[A]

0/2 Spring-Armed Golem (110K)
These giants were built by the mad craftsmen to help the little puppets in battle. They're made of scrap wood (decay), but they have a spring mechanism in the arms that give them great power (strong arm, mighty blow). These spring-arms can stretch out to grab opponents when they try to run, assuring they won't go too far (tentacles).
[4,5,1,9]
[decay, bone-head, throw teammate, strong arm, thick skull, mighty blow, tentacles]
[S]

Apo: yes
Rerolls: 60K (120K after team creation)
Star Players: Accepting suggestions

Last edited by Crook666 on %b %23, %2012 - %13:%Nov; edited 6 times in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think its an awful idea. Not sure about the fluff/background, but the players look interesting. They are obviously going to be painfully slow, but they are also fairly bashy, with the G access piling on guys and the stabbers.

My only point I guess is what will the Golems choose on normal rolls? They already have MB, Grab, strong arm, thick skull - so that leaves Guard, Stand Firm, Juggernaut (not great on m4) - what else? Also, big guys should probably have some sort of negatrait beyond Decay - possibly bonehead?
Jasfmpgh

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say lose the Dolls or Mannequins, either that or make them 0-1 each.
The spring-armed golem needs another negatrait (wild animal?)
f_alk

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I play stunty leeg here, but I like the idea for the fact that it comes close to one my favorite AD&D scenarios:
http://www.tsrinfo.net/archive/rv/rv-rm2.htm
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advices. I made some changes. Changed the MA of the Rolling Marionette to 6, gave bone-head to the Spring-Armed Golem and changed grab with tentacles, fluffspeaking it can fit ever better with that big guy IMHO. Erased one possessed doll so you can have only one.
 Jump to: