42 coaches online • Server time: 17:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2012 - 01:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Now that the Kicstarter project is completed and funded (thank you all!), I figured I'd start a new thread where I will post some status updates.

2012-12-23
We are currently trying to sort out the surveys that will be sent out to backers of the Kickstarter project. Due to the holidays and the frenzy of things to be done, this is being slightly delayed.

The max team limit stretch goal reward has already been implemented, so you can now have up to 100 teams each.

There is a small window of time where you can participate, and get some dice. If you're interested in this, send me a PM with details and I'll do what I can to help you out.

2013-01-07
The surveys have now been set up. A couple of people have contacted us stating that they have not received a survey. The surveys are not actually "sent out", and to access them, you need to log in to your Kickstarter account and you'll find the survey there.

We are going to close the opportunity to participate in the project through PayPal payments shortly, so if you are still interested in dice and didn't have a chance to join the Kickstarter, please get in touch with me before the end of tomorrow (tuesday, 8 Jan). After that, we can't accept further requests.

2013-01-21
Over the weekend, I went through all survey results and sent out emails to everyone who had made miscalculations on the pledge levels (roughly 100 emails sent!). Please check your email for a message and respond as soon as possible so I can clear out the questionmarks.

Given the amount of emails I had to send out, it could well be that a mistake was made. So if you get an email where you believe I made an error, simply get back to me and ask me to review and/or clarify the email. For example, if there was $5 missing from a pledge, I sent an email stating that you probably forgot to add shipping. It could, however, have been that you by mistake added d6 sets to your pledge (which has the same value).

Either way, if you have any questions about the email I sent (or questions about your pledge) send me an email (christer@fumbbl.com) and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Responses are going to be a bit slow over the next couple of days though given the volume of emails I get about this (I have like 30 responses to process when I get back home from work tonight).

I've also summarized the number of dice and poker chips we need and we are now ready to place the orders to the manufacturers.

2013-02-10
All backers who provided me with a coach name on their survey now have a "Snotling Hunter" icon on their overview. Please get in touch with me if you have not received your icon so I can look into why you are not listed (hopefully, this won't be very many people). This is the first step towards giving out the on-site rewards to the backers. Some of the rewards require development on my part, but this first hunter icon is a way for you guys to verify that you've not been forgotten.

As for production of the dice, we have placed all orders and paid the manufacturing costs for everything. We've received the poker chips already (and they look great!). However, we received an estimate for the block dice, and we were sad to hear that they're estimating end of march for delivery for those. This may end up affecting the delivery date to you guys, but we're hoping to be able to push this forward a bit (possibly through a partial shipment).

2012-03-07
Just a quick update. We have started to receive some of the merchandise, but are still waiting for the block dice. For now, here's a quick preview of the box of poker chips:

This box weighs on the order of 20 kg...

2013-04-02
We have yet another update for you guys! Unfortunately, we have not received the block dice due to some complexities with the manufacturing of them. The supplier has stated that they're in final stages of manufacturing and that they're going through every single die produced to make sure the quality is up to standards. We are expecting a partial delivery of block dice this week, which will allow us to start shipping out to some of you. For logistical reasons American (both North and South) and Australian backers will be shipped to first.

Apart from this delay with the block dice, we have received the D6es and sorted out packaging for the shipments (who'd have thought that padded envelopes would be tricky to sort out? Wink ). Here's a couple photos for you:

2013-04-21
The magic sponge has been added to all backers. Also, all supporter badges has been updated for the kickstarter backers (with the donation durations starting today).

We have also started shipping to some people. Keep reading this thread for further information on packages being sent out to you all.

Last edited by Christer on %b %16, %2014 - %16:%Apr; edited 7 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

How long are the surveys open for answering?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I could be being really dumb here but I cant find the survey Sad
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I got an email to the address where I registered for KS.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
I could be being really dumb here but I cant find the survey Sad

mine was in my junk folder. Cant believe i didnt think to check there Rolling Eyes what a div I am sometimes.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, my Gmail understands kickstarter mails are real.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

When you log in to Kickstarter there should be a banner which says someone needs feedback from you, I clicked on that and it took me to the survey.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Corvidius wrote:
When you log in to Kickstarter there should be a banner which says someone needs feedback from you, I clicked on that and it took me to the survey.

OK, i didnt get this, and have unblocked pop ups and tried again but no joy. I got the email, with a link to he page where it says the survey is ready, but nothing else.

Anybody got a linky?
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
How long are the surveys open for answering?

We'd like to be able to collate the data ASAP as we cannot actually order the product until we have solid numbers. So try to get them in as soon as you can. Razz

I'm thinking a week or so.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Corvidius wrote:

OK, i didnt get this, and have unblocked pop ups and tried again but no joy. I got the email, with a link to he page where it says the survey is ready, but nothing else.

Anybody got a linky?

The links are user-specific. Maybe try using a different browser or different computer?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Corvidius wrote:

Anybody got a linky?

FUMBBL DICE KICKSTARTER LINK

The key is logging in and scrolling to the pledge you pledged on... should be rather simple from there...
huff

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it too late to contribute and get some Dice? @Christer
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
Is it too late to contribute and get some Dice? @Christer

You don't need any dice. There's no dice in CPOMB.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2013 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the posts of Christer in this thread huff, but better be quick.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2013 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I was able to answer the survey today. Thanks for the answer, SunDevil! I was just worried because a friend of mine plegded on my behalf and I hadn't heard from him, but now I got the response within a day. Smile

Though I found it a bit strange that I was able to submit the survey, without even having to log in or give my (well, his) password. Sure, the e-mail was private and user-specific, but e-mails still can be interrupted...

Jump to: